Page 1 of 74 
Username Post: Please Delete        (Topic#1536449)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-10-10 02:17 PM

Please Delete

Edited by Issabear on 12-05-12 09:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to Issabear

Hello! Just thought I'd drop in and say hi.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to Issabear

hey lissa,i'm here too,hope everyones doing well today

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to Issabear

Hey Girlz! I'm here! Somewhat sick though. I was going to get together to be crafty with a friend of mine after work today (I only work til 12:30 on Fridays) but she sent me a message via Facebook the other day that she has a really bad cold and so we changed our plans. Probably a good thing given the way that I'm feeling. We're supposed to have a nice weekend here too, which is good because our last day of Sunday School is this Sunday followed by our annual congregational picnic. Not sure what else I'm going to do this wekeend - gonna have to wait and see how I'm feeling.
Nighty-night all!
~Jen

inkyscrapper
Veteran
inkyscrapper
In response to Issabear

Hi all - I'm here! We just got back today from a short overnight camping trip with our kids - the first one for them (ages 5, 4 & 3). We had a lot of fun, some struggles with boundaries, and lots of fresh air! The kids took great naps this afternoon! I'm just checking in really quick today, as I need to get ready for a wedding, but thought I'd pop in and say hi!

Meegan

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to Issabear

Happy Sunday all! Today was the last day of Sunday School (the teachers all received beautiful potted petunias from the Board of Christian Education as a thank-you for their serivce over the year - mine is kind of a two-toned purple), and after church one of the ladies from our congregation hosted a picnic at her house. Gorgeous, hot, sunny weather, so the indoor pool felt REALLY good! I'm looking forward to the summer break, although I do have a couple of things I'm planning on working on for next fall.

Then I came home and spent about an hour helping my dad out in the backyard. I always think of it as kind of a "perk" getting to work with him, as when my brother and I were growing up it was always James that was outside helping Dad. Now that he's living in Saskatchewan I get to go out and help Dad. Today we had to move my old rabbit hutch up to the back garden so that my dad can mow easier. Sadly, I think a mouse was hiding under it, and when we started moving the house he got squashed. Now don't get me wrong - I DO NOT LIKE MICE! But I felt kind of bad that we had accidentally killed one. But that hutch is so heavy that I'm sure it was a quick and painless death.

Well, I'm filthy dirty and in need of a shower. Have a good night and a great week!

~Jen

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to Issabear

Karen, gotta love the Jacuzzi tub! We have a jetted tub in our bathroom, and I absolutely love it. Nothing like unwinding in the tub with a good book and a scented candle after a long day at work.

Lissa, isn't great how you come across these things just when you seem to need them the most? I've had the same thing happen to me too. I'm glad you found that little bit of encouragement from your mom.

~Jen

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

Any room for one more here?

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

I live in southern Michigan, have been married for almost 20 years (Oct 12) and we have one son who will be 17 next month. I do more buying than actual scrapping. Last year my son, my dad and I went on a trip to Israel and Egypt, and are returning to Israel next year, but going to Jordan instead of Egypt. Going to Israel has been a dream come true, and I can hardly believe I get to go back! To actually be where Jesus lived is just awesome! Off to get ready for church now.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to momofcody

Oh, I guess I could add my name is Heather.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

Yes, it truly was amazing! Something I've always wanted to do.

It's a hot day here, but I've been hiding inside with the A/C, and making my own grid paper to do mosaic pages with. DH is at church to help with VBS, as he does every year. DS is off swimming with friends and will go to church to help when he gets home. I watch the nursery at church, and they finally were able to fix the speaker so I could hear the sermon today. Really missed not being able to listen.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

Once it get's over the mid 70's, it's too hot for me. I think we've already had a couple of days close to or over 90, which is unusual for June here.

So far I've only done grid paper in 8.5 x 11. I mark off the middle of each size and line it up on a cutting mat. Then I draw lines 1/2" away from the center mark, so it makes a 1" square in the middle. Then I draw another line going towards the edge of the paper 1/8". Then another one 1", and so forth. I do this going in both directions, till I reach the edge of the paper. Not sure where to start on a 12 x 12, as I haven't tried that yet. You need to use a color light enough that you can see your pencil lines, and draw very lightly. I am using an off-white color right now. Hope it turns out as planned! lol Hope my directions make sense.

Not sure what the VBS theme is. I don't pay much attention, since I don't help and our son is too old to attend. I usually don't get home from work until 7 pm or after, and it starts at 6. Dh usually works much earlier than I do. He works retail, so he doesn't have a set schedule. I work in a bank, so I can't leave until we are done.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to kanary

Karen, will be praying for your mom. Sorry your birthday hasn't been the greatest. Sending you cyber hugs!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

Good morning all! Another glorious day! Will be busy for me at work today, but I thank the Lord I have a job. Karen, hope your mom is better today!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

• Issabear Said:
Heather-I'm going to try your method.

Did my instructions make sense? If you get stuck, let me know.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to KellyeF

Happy Birthday Karen! Sorry it wasn't the best day. Maybe you should do what I am and celebrate your birthday all week (mine's on Saturday). Hope your mom is doing better now! I will keep her in my prayers.

Lissa - I have "When God Whispers Your Name" sitting beside my bed to start reading. I can't wait to get started. Thank you for posting those song lyrics - there have been times when I've needed that reminder. What's the song called?

Welcome Heather and Kellye! So glad to have you here. Kellye, I will definitely say a prayer for you and what you're going through.

It was a fan-tab-u-lous weekend! On Friday, I got to spend several hours with my good friend Megan doing creative things together (I scrapbooked and she worked on a couple of altered projects). On Saturday the mission group from our church and helped my Dad take down a number of dead trees that were standing around our yard. There were four that were leaning quite badly towards the house - right at the corner of the house where my room is. Whenever we get a strong wind, I always get really afraid that one or more of them would come down on the roof or through the window. Now I can sleep in peace because the trees are gone! The group also removed several trees that were threatening the power lines. Sunday we had a nice quiet day to celebrate Father's Day.

~Jen

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

Welcome Kellye, and I will be praying for you.

Hi Jen! I bet you are so relieved to have those trees down! We've had some nasty storms here the last month in my area, lots of trees down.

Work was a bear yesterday, and I am still working on the same stuff today. Nice and quiet when I got home tho, as hubby and son were at church helping with VBS. Will probably be the same the rest of the week. Hubby is going to be working at the new building our church has bought to house our thrift shop. We lost the old building last November in a fire. My hubby spends tons of time helping out there. Right now that's his big mission, and it's a very worthwhile cause.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to momofcody

My sister sent me this last night. She found it on cyberhymnal.com. The title is To the hill I life mine eyes. I'd never heard it before, but really like it. It's from Psalm 121

To the hills I lift mine eyes;
Whence shall help for me arise?
From the Lord shall come mine aid,
Who the Heav’n and earth has made.
He will guide through dangers all,
Will not suffer thee to fall;
He Who safe His people keeps
Slumbers not and never sleeps.
Thy Protector is the Lord,
Shade for thee He will afford;
Neither sun nor moon shall smite,
God shall guard by day and night.
He will ever keep thy soul,
What would harm He will control;
In the home and by the way
He will keep thee day by day.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

Karen, glad to hear your mom is doing better. Will keep praying for you all. I think it's so nice you are able to care for your parents. We are dealing with the possibility of my dad having Alzheimers, and my one sister has cancer, a 6 year battle now, and is terminal. Sad to think of what our loved ones go through, but glad we have the strength of God to help us!

Lissa, I can send you all the sun and heat you want, but we've been having lots of storms too! One forcasted for today, which might turn nasty.

Hope you all have a blessed day!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to momofcody

Yes Lissa, I will send you some heat! I just checked and it's supposed to be about 90 today! Too hot for me!

Page 1 of 74 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics