Page 2 of 74 
Username Post: Please Delete        (Topic#1536449)
bichonbeauties
Expert
bichonbeauties
In response to kanary

Hi! My name is Stacey. I heard about your thread from Kellye. It is so refreshing to know that you are here. Thanks for lifting up Kellye. She really has needed lots of prayer this past week. I am on the phone with her right now and she wants me to say thank you to you all for your prayers. She has really appreciated it. I look forward to sharing encouragement with you all now that I have found you all on here.

"You have changed my sobbing into dancing. You have removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy so that my soul may praise you with music and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever." Psalms 30:11-12

2BuzyScrapper
Pro
2BuzyScrapper
In response to bichonbeauties

Hi! My name is Kim i'm new here i heard about you thru my friend stacey how neat can this be. i'm a christan and i believe in jesus.and stuggles with hurts,habits,hang ups. it be refreshing to hear other in there faith and get prayer and encouragement.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to kanary

Welcome Stacey and Kim! I'm rather new to this group too, but feel it's a great group of gals. I've left other places before for reasons similar to Kellye, and it really can be hurtful.

Going to church every week feels like a "refresher course" to me. You are praising God with a group of like-minded people and always learning and striving to be like God wants us to be. Kellye, I feel bad that you feel so isolated from your religion where you live. If you don't mind asking, what religion are you?

2BuzyScrapper
Pro
2BuzyScrapper
In response to momofcody

thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm 46 live in texas and been married for 20 yrs to my hubby Bob. we have two dogs sadie and princess. i've been scrapbooking for years and loving it,we have two daughter both grown and the oldest has a baby girl who's going to be 1 yr old in july wow how time flys.

my prayer is for our daughter not to be bitter and hold on the past with unforgivenessand both of them hasnt had anything to be with us since thanksgiving 2009 sad but i choose not to have them in our lives until they choose to following Jesus and know what there doing is worng.

other then that i'm happy to be here

2BuzyScrapper
Pro
2BuzyScrapper
In response to Issabear

thanks for your kind words glad to be here.

2BuzyScrapper
Pro
2BuzyScrapper
In response to Issabear

God is so good he always knows what you need when you need it. amen great day today.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to KellyeF

• KellyeF Said:
I am not the type of person that thinks ONE religion has the inside key to heaven. I think all religions (not cults) have the possibility of reaching heaven as long as we please God with our word and deeds, among a few other things.

That is pretty much how I feel! As long as you follow God's word and accept Christ in your life, I don't believe one religion is better than another. Sometimes I've wondered if maybe the right thing is a mix of a little of this denomination and a little of that one. I will pray for you and your hubby. God has his plan for us, we just can't see it sometimes.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to 2BuzyScrapper

• 2BuzyScrapper Said:
my prayer is for our daughter not to be bitter and hold on the past with unforgivenessand both of them hasnt had anything to be with us since thanksgiving 2009 sad but i choose not to have them in our lives until they choose to following Jesus and know what there doing is worng.

That is so sad! I will pray that God will touch their lives, and for you too. It must really hurt.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to kanary

• kanary Said:
If I had not come to Christ as a child, I know I would have been one of those people out there trying to figure it out on my own; believing I could earn God's favor by being good and doing noble things. I am so thankful that Jesus bridged that gap between God and mankind...for Eternity!

I've sometimes wondered about that myself. I was raised in the church and still attend the same one. I often wonder where I would be if I hadn't had Christian parents that took us to church every week, and am so glad that they did. And I am so grateful that God is tugging on my son's heart that he realizes how important it is to go. My hubby doesn't get to go very often, as he works in retail and is usually at work.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

• Issabear Said:
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6

That right there says it all!

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to kanary

hey ladies,jci quickly,hope everyones good today

welcome to the new ladies,i'll have to go back and reread the posts to get everyones name down in my little brain

i've been pretty busy lately,but i'm going to attempt to straighten up a bit in my scrap room and get something done in there later

hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the weekend,bonnie

Edited by bbscraps on 06-26-10 12:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to bbscraps

happy birthday jen hope its been great

happy late birthday to karen

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to kanary

• kanary Said:
Heather, retail work can really mess with church and family schedules! I have a friend whose husband works at a large "big box store" and he RARELY gets a Sunday off and always works Saturdays. While he loves his job, they are praying for something else because it's just not family friendly.

Does your dh at least get Saturdays off?

It is fantastic that your son still wants to go to church. Like you, we had no choice growing up...it was just the way it was. We were in church twice on Sunday, and youth group Sunday afternoon, and prayer meeting on Wednesdays. Period. No discussion.

My brother rebelled strongly against that in his 20s (married), but always loved God. Sadly, his kids never got to go to Sunday School or VBS or any other kid-friendly stuff. But, God is faithful, and they are all very active in their churches and ministries now.

I'm very grateful to have been raised in a Christian home, too.

Nope, Saturdays are like Sundays. His normal days off are Tuesdays and Fridays. At least now he's on first shift. For years he was on second and we would go days at a time not seeing each other, unless you count one seeing the other sleeping. He really doesn't like his job, but it's pretty much the only job he's ever had and no other skills. He's just praying for the day he can retire, but he's only 44, so he's still got lots of years to go. I worked in retail many years before my current job, so I can certainly sympathize with him too. All it takes is one cranky customer.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to momofcody

Had a very lovely day today! My one sister and I went to our favorite sb store and spent quite awhile there cropping. Usually I take card kits, but today I actually made some pages. I used some grid paper I made up and did some mosaics for the first time. They turned out too cool! Am making a whole album of this, and cannot wait to get it done to share with you all.

Well I'm off to bed to read and relax. Am currently reading "Two from Galilee" by Marjorie Holmes. Old, fiction, by still I am enjoying it. My favorite movie is "The Nativity Story" so I keep comparing the two and wondering about all the little details in Mary and Josephs lives. And the result was the greatest gift of all!

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to bbscraps

Hi ladies, I just found this group, Ive been on sp for about 3 months or so, and love it. dont post much but hope to get more active, Hope i can become a part of this group.
GOD is my rock! I dont worry about much anymore, as I use to stress my self out about things, and Ive learned to just leave it to the lord to take care of. Its amazing to see how he works in our lives!

Many blessing to everyone,

Linda

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to Issabear

Thanks for the Welcome Lissa.

Well I have three children, Dakota who is 16, Jimmy who is 6 and Lil Nate who is 4. Im married to my bestfriend Tim, of 7 yrs.
Ive been a christian the last 5 yrs, My dh is not a believer, but I believe with prayer Ill get him there, I pray for his salvation everyday.
I work at jcpennys part time doing hair, Ive been doing this for 12yrs.

I do have a story to share, we were down to just one car, and my dh and I were useing one car for both of us to go back and forth to work, was making it very tough. And again I turned to pray about it, for about a week or so, And then my mom calls and tells me that we can use her car for awhile until we can get one.. (I thought ohh great that will be perfect) well in the mean time we have a old junk car sitting in our driveway, and my dh calls the junk yard and they will give us 300 bucks for it. Then my mom calls me a few days later and says we can buy her car for 300. I was sooo happy. God worked it all out for us, I really do believe in prayer for everything. I didnt stress to much because I knew he would take care of it. and He did.

Sorry but I had to share this with you all, I told everyone at church last week too.

Anything you'd like to know about me just ask. Ill share.

Blessing my new friends!
Linda

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to momofthreeboys

Linda, what a great story about how God provides for our needs - thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Lissa and Bonnie - thanks for the birthday wishes! I got a number of birthday wishes from friends I haven't talked to in a while on my Facebook page, including a really sweet one from a friends that I've only ever talked to online (she lives in Illinois) which realyl touched me and had me smiling all day. I ended up having to run out and buy sweet potatoes and dessert for supper (our family tradition is that you get whatever you want for your birthday dinner, and I wanted Grandma Koss's chicken, mandarin orange salad and baked sweet potatoes; of course we didn't have the sweet potatoes). I took the opportunity to stop in at my favourite scrapbook store and bought some things for a new project I have in mind, and I got a 25% discount because it's my birthday. After supper my mom and dad and I watched Pollyanna. The only thing that would have made it better was if my brother had been able to come home for the weekend. But it's only a couple more weeks until my cousin's wedding when I'll get to spend 3 nights at his new house (one before the wedding and two after), so I'm really looking forward to that. I'm going to text him tomorrow though and razz him about not calling to wish me a happy birthday hee hee!The one bad thing that happened is that the county is doing road construction on the road that runs in front of our house, and they started at 6:30 this morning; my room is in the corner of the house that faces towards the road, and because it's been so hot here I had my bedroom window open. So I got the full effect of the sounds of the heavy equipment and their infernal back-up alarms. AARRGH!! Can you say "not at all impressed"? I had to get up at 9:00 to take my meds (for the new ladies here, I'm a transplant recipient and I take immunosupressants twice a day) so I grabbed the throw blanket I've been covering up with and went and slept on the futon in my office - it was much quieter there!

Stacey, Kim, and Linda - welcome! I'm sure you'll come to love this group as much as I do - the ladies here are all so wonderful!

Well, I'm off to bed now (actually, I'm already in bed - I'm now going to turn off my laptop and go to sleep LOL). Sweet dreams all!

~Jen

PS. One of my co-workers gave me this advice on Friday before we left work: "Just get wiser, don't get older". I love it!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to JenKoss

Welcome Linda! And that is a wonderful story! Yes, prayer does work. God is my rock also, I wouldn't have made it through so many rough spots in my life without him.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to kanary

• kanary Said:
And speaking of books.....Heather, Two from Galilee is one of my all-time favorite books! The little paperback I have is so raggedy, it's held together with tape! I read it every Christmas season and this year I read it to Mom. She loved it too!

I lived in Israel for 11 months in my early 20s and her book was ahead of its time as far as cultural accuracy and Jewish traditions. My favorite character in the book is Hannah, Mary's fictional mom. How interesting to think about how Mary's parents viewed the news that she was pregnant. I think is a remarkable telling of the story we've only seen glimpses of in the Bible.

How wonderful for you to have lived there! Where did you live at? I don't know if you saw in my earlier posts that my son, my dad and I went to Israel last year, and are going back next year. It was just mind boggling to think of being where Jesus lived in his physical body! My favorite part of the country is around the Mount of Beautitudes, althought I loved it all.

I am really enjoying the book, just wish I could have more reading time. Sometimes it's all I can do to read a couple of pages every night. Will have to check out the book you mentioned. We had a wonderful lady who attended our church that passed away last year. She knew people that worked with the Wycliff Bible Translators in Brazil, and they would sometimes come and talk at our church when they were in the States. Very good work they are doing down there.

2BuzyScrapper
Pro
2BuzyScrapper
In response to momofcody

happy sunday to you all. jci to see how things going. i'm sitting here eating sunflower seeds and relaxing before the week starts.

Page 2 of 74 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics