Page 71 of 74 
Username Post: Please Delete        (Topic#1536449)
scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to babigirl

You are so right! And thank you!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to scrappitydee

Good morning Sisters! Popping in to say I pray you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Dalynn, any progression? I will continue to pray for the lost so they will become found!

hello all! Have a great day!

Lissa, missing you and praying that all is well

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to HisGEM

Thanks for asking! Things are slow - they have decided to go ahead with the dialysis after all. This is good news! Her kidney function is still over 10% so not an emergency and holding steady, but under 20% which is considered unacceptable. It's going to be a while before she starts, a few weeks at least, but at least they are going to let her do that after all. Not sure where the ball is in relation to figuring out what else is going on....

But I could personally use some prayer for healing as well. Been coughing up a storm for almost 2 weeks now, not just a mild kind of cough but sometimes pretty serious. Wish I could get to a doctor but haven't found any reasonable solutions on that yet as I don't have insurance. Just need this cough to go away - from me, and to stay away from my family, especially the kids!

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss

Welcome DaLynn! I will keep your MIL, hubby and his sister in my prayers. I'm a kidney transplant recipient, so I've dealt with kidney failure myself, although I never had to have dialysis. My donor was my mom.

Lissa, you're in my prayers Sister! Keep strong and know that we're all here for you. Sending lots of love and hugs to you.

I'm having a tough day today. Aside from my allergies being really bad, today marks six months that Sarah has been gone and I'm really missing her. (For the new sisters, Sarah was my cockapoo - she died last November at the age of 12 years of kidney failure. Ironic since my mom bought her for me just a couple of months before I had my transplant.)

I'm going to go put another coat of ModPodge on my art journal. Hopefully i'll have pics to share before the end of the weekend! This weekend is the first long weekend of the summer for us - woo hoo!

Have a good night!
Jen

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to JenKoss

Hi Jen! Nice to meet you and thanks for the welcome!

Sorry to hear about your pet friend - prayers for you as you miss her this week (and always). What a blessing to have a little friend in your hard time! Some friends for a season, sounds like.

MIL is doing well, was in good spirits this week. She isn't a candidate for transplant because of her heart failure diagnosis; that was made over 2 years ago now, and it on top of so much else (gout, diabetes, high blood pressure...) AND the kidney failure is just physically devastating. We'll do what we can for as long as we can!

I'm feeling better some. Did okay yesterday so that I decided to join the ladies for our church's women's breakfast this morning (for the first time!) but have had a couple of coughing fits again today. Who knows what this is, but I am praying that it LEAVES and is DONE this weekend! In Jesus name!

...and maybe I'll actually get some scrapbooking in tonight or tomorrow. So much catching up on housework to do it's not funny! (Just sitting here now as I nurse a baby and wait on lunch. LOL I'm so bad!)

girlscout333
Resident
girlscout333

It's been awhile since I was at this site. I've been busy w/ orphan care ministry (made a trip to CA for Summit even), and taking care of my mom (stage 4 cancer) not to mention being mom and wife and substitute teacher.

You know how we say God wants us to pray about all the small things as well as the big thing? Well I have a lost thing that is potentially big. I can not find my DD's lifebook. A lifebook is more than a scrapbook, it's a tool for an adoptee to tell their story and sort out any emotional junk they may need to think through and process. It's time to update hers from, "your birth parents had grown up problems" to exactly what those problems are. We can't update the pages if we don't have the book. Uggg!

It's the last week of school and I don't expect to be working anymore. I really want to find it, and spend time w/ her doing this emotionally hard work (might be harder for me). Please join me in prayer about finding this lost thing. The enemy would like fear and shame to thrive. This tool shatters that. I need to find this book.

another thing going on w/ me is my mom. Last yr she was in ICU for Mother's Day. This year she was rushed to the ER for chest pain and shortness of breath. I'm thankful she's still here, and we had another Mother's Day. It is getting closer to her end. She's in more pain since she broke a couple ribs, and the trip to the ER has put her on oxygen.

You can follow that saga (that's what it feels like to this only child) at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/annseamon

I plan on keeping closer tabs as summer unfolds.
blessings,

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to girlscout333

Hello Sisters! So many things to pray for...off to go pray!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to HisGEM

Hello sister how is all. I am doing good really blessed can't compain time to catch up

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Hi Betsy I am sending prayers your way that you find the life book and will be praying for your mom

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Hi DaLynn glad to here that your MIL is in good spirits and you still have that cough have you been to the dr yet?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Aww jen sorry about your pet hope you are feeling better today

kfort987
Resident
kfort987
In response to babigirl

Hi Sisters. I know I haven't been on in quite some time but I have been praying for all of you regardless of all the situations you have been facing. It is going to take me some time to catch up but I have missed you all and how wonderful it is to see all the new faces. Welcome welcome and I pray you are inspired, uplifted and encouraged by all the special, wonderful, fantastic, super Proverbs 31 women that are here.

God bless you all!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to kfort987

hi Kelli nice to meet you

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to babigirl

Hello Sisters! Popping in to say hello Have a safe and relaxing Memorial Day weekend! Lifting all of you in prayer....Lissa, I pray all is well; I was thinking of you this morning! Kenya

girlscout333
Resident
girlscout333
In response to HisGEM

stopping in to say hello. I'm working on school pages tonight. One of my kids is just two yrs behind, the other is four. EEEK! At least the stuff is all in one spot (or at least it should be). Now I just need to get some music on and find my mojo

Stay cool everyone. We've got record high temps in IL this weekend.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to girlscout333

Happy Memorial Day Sisters! Hope you all enjoy your long weekend! Our long weekend was last weekend (Victoria Day) so tomorrow it's back to work for me.

On June 24th Molly and I are going to take part in a fundraising walk to raise money for our local humane society. I took Sarah a couple of years ago, and it was fun. I was a little hesitant about doing it again, because of that association with Sarah, but the more I thought about it the more I felt like I could do it. I set myself a fundraising goal of $500, and I'm already 2/3 of the way there, with a month to go!

Haven't done any scrapping lately, but I've been working away on my art journal. I just need to attach the charms and I'm finished the outside ocver. Now I've moved to the inside cover and I'm almost finished it.

When I was at church this morning, I heard that there are going to be teachers needed next year for the Pre-K and Grade 1-3 classes; I'm strongly considering taking the Grade 1-3 class. I've worked with older kids for so many years that working with younger ones will be a challenge, but it's one that I look forward to.

Well, time to go eat dinner (we're having escargots and seafood salads). Have a great night and enjoy your day off tomorrow!

Jen

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to JenKoss

Hello everyone It seems REALLY dry around here :sad: Pray all is well with everyone.

Jen, I pray you do well in your fundraiser. I also pray about the Lord leading you in regards to taking the class. I enjoy working with the smaller children. They speak their minds and are eager to participate!

Hi Betsy, I didn't realize we were state neighbors! Hope all is well!

I guess I better get moving...a lot on my plate!

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to HisGEM

Where'd everyone go? Hope all is well with each of you!

I have some exciting news...my best friend is getting married next year...in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico! I'm so excited; this is the first actual vacation I'm getting in about 3 years. They got prices for 7 days and 14 days, and I've decided to go for the full 14 days. Cozumel is only a short trip by boat, and they have a lot of duty-free shopping, and there's a dolpinh discovery park there where you can swim with a dolphin. This is one of the things on my bucket list so I'm determined to get to Cozumel to at least do that. Being the scrapaholic that I am, I'm already planning my scrapbook - how pathetic is that LOL?

On the fundraising front, I've hit my goal ($500) and I'm still going! I'm really happy to be able to help out such a great cause with the money I've raised. Now I'm just hoping that the weather will be nice on Sunday!

Jen

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to JenKoss

Today was the day for the Humane Society fundraiser walk. We (well, I) raised $560, and I got a really nice reversible jacket as a fundraising prize. We also got two free frisbeees and two free squeaky toys from the PetSmart tent. And I bought Molly a tennis ball launcher and a squeaky whale (total cost $3) from one of the vendors. We walked 2.5 Km, plus probably another 1 Km to and from the car LOL. We had fun, but we're both exhausted LOL!

Hope all is well with all of you! And I hope I'm not going to be alone here much longer - it's no fun talking to myself.

Jen

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to Issabear

Thank you Lissa! I pray all is well with you and your family!

Jen

Page 71 of 74 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics