Page 3 of 74 
Username Post: Please Delete        (Topic#1536449)
momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to 2BuzyScrapper

Thanks so much ladies for the warm welcome! It is awesome to find fellow christian friends here.

Karary ~ thanks so much for the prayers. I can use all the help I can get to get him to see the light. ( or for the light balb to turn on )

Had a wonderful morning at church, was an awesome service! I hope everyone had a great weekend, and a blessed week to come!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

Happy Monday morning to all! It's nice and sunny here right now, but we have the possiblilty of storms today (again). But the next two days are supposed to be super, with the hi only in the low 70's! My kind of weather! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I did, just went by too fast. Yesterday I had the hardest time staying awake, and I'm wondering if it'd because of a new diabetes med I started on Saturday. Not sure if I'm gonna like this med yet. Anyway, I'm off to work here in a few. Hope you all have a great day!

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to kanary

happy monday to everyone

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to kanary

Karen ~ you are in my thoughts and prayers, as you take care of your mom. I know its not easy watching them so sick, (I took care of my dad while he had stage 4 cancer). leave it all in the hands of the lord, I pray for him to give you strength and understanding though all this.

Tell mom I come over and enjoy some of that banana nut bread with her, and read her a bible story. (Thats my favorite)

Jeruselem would be on bucket list for sure, That would just be amazing to see!

Have a great week ladies!

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to kanary

• kanary Said:
Hi Bonnie! Happy Monday to you also.

Writing about Mom's diabetes makes me wonder how you're feeling?

Will you be getting a vacation this summer??

hey karen,thanks for asking,i think about your mom often and wonder how shes feeling,i do hope she feels better,and i have good days and bad,i've had diabetes a long time and it has taken its toll somewhat,but i just keep going,i don't really take a vacation,i do go to the creating keepsakes convention in charlotte and the quilt show in asheville in august,i'm pretty much a homebody,i do pray for your strength also,its hard work to take care of someone daily like you do,bonnie

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to bbscraps

Happy Monday Girlz! It suddenly hit me this morning while I was driving to work how much I have to do before I leave for my cousin's wedding next week! Haircut, mani and pedi, oil change for my car, get my headlight fixed, buy a wedding gift, find someplace for my brother and I to stay, and the list goes on. Yikes! And that's on top of the invoicing I have to do at work. Well, at least the time will go quickly LOL! Well, just wanted to check in and say hi. I'm off to get ready for bed now. Sweet dreams!
~Jen

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to JenKoss

That is so cool that you got to do that Karen! I loved the idea of the Kibbutz, and they really intrigued me. Yes, we are going to Jordan. Last time we took and extension to Egypt, this time it will be Jordan. We are going in February, so little more than 6 months away. I am so hoping we have the same guide in Israel as last time (Munzer) as he was just awesome! A walking history book.

Will be praying for your mom! I was diagnosed with diabetes in November of 2006 (the day before Thanksgiving, of all days!). My parents are both diabetic, my mom diagnosed before me by about 6 years, and my Dad only 2 years ago next month. My mom spent about a week in ICU, as her blood sugar was almost 1000! They do not understand why she was not in a coma. She was very fortunate as she didn't end up with any ill effects from it being that high. Yes, God has his plans, and we never know. Just cherish the time you have with your parents. Hugs!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to momofcody

Have a blessed Tuesday everyone!

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to kanary

Hi ladies, I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!

Im very proud of my self today, Ive been so addicted to those silly, silly games on facebook, I spent way to much time on them, when I should be doing something else, and Ive been praying about it the past few days, and well today when I got home from work I got on facebook and deleted everyone of them.

I need to focus more on my family, not that I neglect them or anything, but the time I spend on them games I could be spending with them, or scrapbooking ;). Anyway it does feel like a relef sort of.

I know that sounds soo silly, but it was bad! and Im so happy to have god strength with me to get rid of it and be done with them

Blessing my friends
Linda

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to momofthreeboys

Karen, we have requested the same hostess and guide. And our hostess always requests she has the same guide, so I hope it works out. You can read about our guide here http://www.firstclasstravel-tours.com/munzer.htm if you're interested.

I certainly will keep your mom in my prayers. Would love to send you some of our cooler weather. It's supposed to be down to the 40's tonight! Hope the new dr turns out good.

Good going Linda! I've never even tried those games, but I spend enough time on the computer as it is! LOL

I really need to get back to reading my Bible. Our church does a "read the Bible through in a year" program every year, and this year I'd like to actually finish it. I got really far ahead and then quit when I got to Psalms. Now I'm behind.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Issabear

Hello everyone! I just found this thread; what a blessing!

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to kanary

Tks Karen, Prayed for you, Hope everything is okay with you eye. cont. to pray for your mom and your family.

Welcome new2thisgame (my friend )I just found this thread a few days ago, and the ladies on here are just wonderful, very incouraging and inspirational.

Im glad to have become apart!

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys

Ohh Forgot to say Hi to everyone else, Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!!!!!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to kanary

Thank you for such a warm welcome. A little about me, I am married (10+ years). We have four daughters ages 6, 3, 2 and 7 months old. I believe in the power of prayer and that is what I enjoy doing; praying. I love to pray and see Him work in people's lives....I love a good testimony!

I prayed for your sight my dear sister and you are healed in Jesus' name!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to HisGEM

Karen, hope you were able to get in to the eye dr and eveything is going to be ok! Will say a prayer for you, and God is holding you in his hand!

New2thisgame, welcome! I'm rather new here myself, but this is a great group of ladies. Sounds like you have your hands full with all your daughters!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

Glad to hear you had a great day Lissa! Will be waiting for details.

Karen, any news?

Just got back from my morning walk. So nice and cool out, but the sun is out and it's beautiful! This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to momofcody

Wishing everyone a great Thursday... Yeah the weekend is almost here, and I have a 3 day weekend. Super excited

Thinking of you Karen!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

Hello friends! Just checking in to see how everyone is feeling and to see if there is any news on Ms. Karen....

girlscout333
Resident
girlscout333
In response to HisGEM

I just found you guys before I went on vacation a couple weeks ago. Since I got home, I have jumped into orphans ministry that has been on my heart for . . . well, years I guess (not always the fastest to pick up on what God is telling me to do).

I call my local DCFS and they were thrilled w/ the idea of making scrapbooks for kiddos that are in the system (Lifebooks we call them in adoption circles b/c it's a place to chronicle your journey and dream or cry ect). So this is, to me, the really easy part of what I am seeing for the bigger ministry picture. Getting scrapbookers together to make some blank albums w/ their scraps and never used materials.

What I was wondering from you all (and I know I'm sharing a ton as a newbee, but I trust you already) is if you have ever seen this done? Could you do it too? and does your church have a scrapbook ministry of ANY kind?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on serving w/ our hobby

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to kanary

Karen~ Praise God, its all going to be okay.

Betsy~ Sounds like a great ministry, Our church doesnt do anything like that. I could donate stuff to help with the lo's, but not sure that I can do them, Just not sure where I would fit them in.

Happy Happy Thurday ladies!!

Page 3 of 74 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics