Page 4 of 74 
Username Post: Please Delete        (Topic#1536449)
momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to kanary

Our 4th plans are, To start dh and I both have sat, sun and mon off together, and that never happends, So im really looking forward to that, We all are going to camp out tomorrow night, possible just in our own back yard, A friend of mine I work with is haveing a 4th party on Sat. And fireworks after that out at her place. Sun~ church, then we may drive to the lake (1 hour and 15 min drive) to go swimming and sight see.

Most of all Im just looking forward to spending lots of great quality time with my family!

I hope you all have a wonderful safe 4th of July!!

Not to sure how much Ill be on over the weekend tho.

Love yea sisters!!!!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to kanary

• kanary Said:
Heather, I read the bio on Munzer. He sounds so over-qualified to be a tour guide. It must be a SERIOUS passion for him!!!

At the end of his bio it says he is an Arab Palestinian Christian. Do you know what that means? How interesting!

I can certainly understand why you want him to be your tour leader again. He must be a walking, talking history book!

If you will be near Aqaba, Jordan, it would be sooooo cool if you could meet my best friend's son and DIL. They are the sweetest couple!
Here is their blog if you want to check it out.

http://thejourneyoflandj.blogspot.com/

I know there certainly is more to being an "Arab Palestinian Christian" than what I understand. I really didn't even understand the whole Israeli conflict thing until after we returned from there. About a month or so later we went to listen to some speakers on the whole situation, and it was very eye-opening. I know I still have a lot to learn about it, but wish I had known more before I went. That's one reason why I am excited to go back. I didn't understand the whole thing about the wall, and they didn't even explain any of it until we were going past it going out of Bethlehem. This time I will be paying a lot more attention to certain things than I was last time. We were very near Aqaba I believe, when we crossed the border to Egypt. We crossed at Taba, which if I remember right, is just a little ways down the coast from Aqaba. Not sure if we get that close this time.

So glad your eye isn't too serious! Hope the floaters will go away, at least to the point where they don't bother you.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to momofcody

Hi Betsy! Yes, I've heard of scrapping Lifebooks like that. I think that's a wonderful idea. Currently my church is working on making prayer shawls. We've tried holding "craft night" where people could work on whatever craft they wanted and not much interest in that.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to momofcody

Praise God for that praise report! I was thinking about you all day Ms. Karen. My name is Kenya btw!

Fourth of July plans...We are going to leave for Gatlinburg TN on Saturday morning. They are going to have parade at midnight. I am requesting that you all keep my family in prayer as we hit the road on Saturday morning. We have an 11hr road trip a head of us! I am SO happy I found this thread!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

Morning all! Another nice and sunny day here in Michigan, and getting hotter too. It's gonna be a really super busy day at work today, so I'm really looking forward to the 3-day weekend!

So far the only definate plans are to go to my sister's boyfriends for a bbq and then to watch the fireworks tomorrow night. Our small town has fireworks on the 3rd, as it's cheaper to get the people in to do them. Then church Sunday morning. I would love to go to our fav sb store Monday, so I'm gonna call and see if they are open. Sometimes this weeken I need to take my son to get his haircut, and him and I want to go see the new Twilight movie. And then hopefully working on my mosaic pages here and there.

Kenya, what a beautiful name! Is there a story behind it? Will be praying for travel mercies for you and your family. Have a wonderful trip!

Lissa, sounds like such a nice day with your mom!
Hope you all have a wonderful day! My mom lives in the town I work in, 12 miles away, but I don't see much of her. Between our schedules, we don't have much chance to visit.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to momofcody

Goodmorning! I hope everyone had a restful night!

Ms. Heather, my oldest brother actually named me. He had a crush on a girl in his class and told my mom that she should name me Kenya and the rest is history LOL.

Thank you ladies for praying for my family as we travel. I am looking forward to it.

I have a praise report. I work at a clinic on Thursday nights and I was able to witness to a non-believer. The person did not give their life to Christ YET, but the seed has been planted. I am so excited because you can see the gears moving in their head!

Have a great day ladies.....

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to HisGEM

Kenya~ Praying for safe traveling for you and your family, Gatlinburg I just love it there, Thats were my dh and I got married 7 yrs ago. Very very fond memories there, and the mountains are just Beautiful!! We hope to go back in 3 years. Our 10 year anniv. Take pictures and share when you get back
Awesome awesome story about witnessing thurs night. Its an awesome feeling when god uses us in such special ways.

Heather~ all we have to do is get through today. I have to work also from 12-6, not too bad. Then we can start our 3 day weekend together

Prayen for a safe and wonderful 4th for all my new sisters!

Linda

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to kanary

Thank you all so much! I appreciate each and everyone of you!

Ms. Karen, I am so happy I wasn't drinking something when I read your posting. Otherwise it would have been all over my screen We haven't travelled with the youngest yet (outside the womb anyway) but the older girls did alright last year when we went to Gatlinburg and to Arkansas the year before. They are actually looking forward to the ride. Yes DH is a strong man to put up with 5 females in the house....he is spoiled though so no complaints

Well ladies, I am so happy to be a part of you. Have a safe, fun and a BLESSED weekend......

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to HisGEM

Hello! Karen has invited me to come and talk with you guys if you'll have me!

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to StarsNSparkles

hey ladies hope everyones having a great friday

lissa so glad you had fun with your mom,me and my mom are always doing something together,shes my best friend

karen so glad your eye is going to be ok and good news that your mom is maintaining

jen hope you're having a good time

linda and heather hope you both have fun this weekend

welcome to betsy and kenya,hope you have fun in gatlinburg kenya

welcome to scrap-a-shop-a-holic,sorr y i don't know your name,but i'm sure you'll love it here

and anyone else who is reading this i want to wish everyone a happy and safe 4th,bonnie

Edited by bbscraps on 07-02-10 12:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to bbscraps

Thanks Bonnie! Its nice to have a easy-going christian chat room in my faves!

My name is Stephanie...its in my sig...just a little further down than normal.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody

Welcome Stephanie! So nice to have you here! I'm rather new myself, but I think we have a very nice group here.

Kenya, that's quite a story! And Karen made it even better! lol

Karen, I hope it doesn't take too long for your eyes to get better or you adjust. I have tinitus, have had it for probably over 7 years, and it took me awhile to get used to it. Annoying still at times, but not like at the beginning. Hopefully a colored background on your screen will help.

Adding in a prayer request here too. One of the ladies that works where I work was admitted to the hospital Wednesday night. She was hyperventilating and her blood pressure was sky high. Today they transferred her to another hospital, about 1.5 hours away, as they found the bottom section of her heart isn't working. She's probably in her upper 40's, and has had hip replacement surgery awhile back. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to momofcody

Thanks Heather! I think I need to go back and read the pages to catch up on what is going on.

I hate to hear that about your coworker, I will be praying!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to kanary

Yes Karen, tinitus is ringing in the ears. I think it is from a med the dr put me on, but they say no. It's listed as a side effect, and that's when it started. And the med never even did what it was supposed to. Go figure. And while they refer to it as ringing, mine is more like static-y noise. So I never, ever, hear complete silence.

Thanks for praying for my coworker. I'm hoping to get updates over the weekend and will keep you posted.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to Issabear

oh gosh now i'm going to have to make potato salad,i just love potato salad,don't make it often,i'm the only one who eats it in my house

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to bbscraps

Good morning!

I don't know how to make potato salad...GASP! LOL I hate cooking and I hate being in the kitchen, so I just tend to do the bare necessities!

I don't have any plans for the 4th. My step-son is at his mom's for the month, my DD is at my mom's and not sure when she is planning on coming home. My DH works thirds and is a correctional officer, so he will have to work (they don't get holidays off), and I'll probably be putting DS (almost 3) to bed at his normal 8 pm bedtime.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody

Morning all! Another nice and sunny day here. I feel guilty, as I didn't get up until 8 this morning. Planning on taking ds to get his hair cut today, and maybe a little shopping. Might stop by Hobby Lobby to see what they have that looks like I might need. lol

Have a great day all!

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to kanary

thanks karen,sounds good but i'm with your dad,i actually love onion in mine

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Issabear

I've worked hard today since about 9 this morn. We just had a 30X40 shop put up for DH and we are trying to get the sewer and water lines run. Of course, we are doing it ourselves, so I've been working right alongside him digging a trench about 2 ft deep and 45 feet long. It is hot and sunny outside! He is filling it in now with the tractor, so I came in to rest a bit. I'm not used to this hard labor like him!

LOL Karen @ 3rd prize potato salad! I wonder who he thought would've gotten 1st and 2nd! I love to be around people who can make me laugh though! That's great that you can carry on a tradition like that!

I have a J's and HL about 35 min away and just found out we have a scrapbook store about 25 min away, but haven't been in that yet. Usually they are higher, and I won't pay higher prices. I would love to have an M's close by, I have to drive about 1 1/2 hours to go to one, so when I am close to one, I do love to go!

I put a Prima trellis rose tutorial on my blog today if anyone is interested in learning how to make them. There are pics in my gallery if you want to see.

Tonight, DH has invited 2 friends over and rented the fight, so not sure how quiet it will be.

I guess his job could get high risk, those prisoners aren't always the best behaved, but he's not in danger often. He usually comes home bummed out when he misses out on a fight...lol...but I'm always thankful! The one thing I hate about his prison is that it is the pedophiler prison...I mean...there are other prisoners there too...but they got all the pedophilers in the state and they have their own house, b/c they can't be mixed with the general population. He doesn't care for his job, its not what he wants to do, but for our area, its one of the best jobs for supporting a family!

Whew...sorry for the long post! I sure hope you all don't mind!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody

Ok, maybe I'll be the odd ball here, but I don't like potato salad. Don't like cole slaw either. And the only egg salad I like is my own. Made with just the eggs and Miracle Whip. But I do love the "3rd place" story, that is too cute!

While we do have HL and Mike's, they are about a half hour drive. But to get to anything it's about that. Our little town has dwindled down to not much at all. I much prefer HL than Mike's too. I don't like being in Mike's at all around Halloween either. Our HL is only a few years old, so nice and clean. Our fav sb store is about 45 minutes away, and it is awesome! Considering how Mike's has raised their paper prices, the sb store isn't any more expensive. And we love the ladies that work there. They are so nice. And I never did make it to HL today! Too hot to keep getting in and out of the vehicle, and I just wanted to get back home.

Got my son's hair cut done, so he's happy. And I took him to the bank this morning so he could cash his very first paycheck! Took pics of him holding in when he got it in the mail, and I have written down his comments about working the first week, and it will make for some neat journaling. Not sure of our plans tonight, other than I really want to go see the fireworks. Cookout is off at this point, as my sister's bf isn't being very nice.

Stephanie, will keep your dh in my thoughts and prayers. The town I work in has a prison, and I am always hearing bad stories about it. These days it's hard to say no to a decent paying job too. I do want to check out your trellis tutorial, it sounds interesting!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Page 4 of 74 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics