Page 5 of 74 
Username Post: Please Delete        (Topic#1536449)
momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to momofcody

Hi ladies, Hope everyone is having a faboules weekend! Just checken in realy quick. On the run! Just thinkin about you all!

Love ya sisters

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to kanary

I'm leaving on the 8th. I just checked the weather forecast for Winnipeg on The Weather Network and it's going to be HOT! My mom suggested that I take a hat with me to keep the sun off my head (the wedding is an outdoor wedding). I have a really nice pink hat that I wear to Red Hat events with my mom (I'm an official "Pink Hatter" in our local chapter - I can't be a Red Hatter b/c I'm too young). It will go nicely with my dress. Thanks for your prayers for safe travel for my brother and I - there is so much flooding going on in Saskatchewan and Manitoba we're not sure what route we're going to take to get Winnipeg.

~Jen

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to JenKoss

Happy 4th of July everyone! Being Canadian we had our national celebration on Thursday. I went to see the fireworks in Edmonton with a very nice guy that I met on a Christian dating site; it was the first time we'd met (we've just emailed each other until now). We met for coffee first and then walked to the legislature grounds to see the fireworks. They were amazing! Hope you all have a great 4th!
~Jen

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to momofcody

OK Karen...we can talk long long posts if they start complaining about us! LOL I love to talk...too bad I don't have anyone in real life to talk to. I still talk...they just tune me out!

I'm watching the fight with DH tonight, none of his friends are coming and I feel bad for him, so I told him I would watch with him, but probably work on my flowers too, he said that was fine...he just likes to have me close!

We didn't put the shop (garage) up ourselves and we're not pouring the concrete ourselves, but we are doing everything else. Where we live, we have this really old blue house that sits in front of our house, its not fit for anything, so as soon as the shop is finished and we can clean out the old house, we will be tearing it down ourselves too, but my dad did say he would help.

DH likes to do taxidermy on the side, he is going to cut down this year on the amount of orders he will take, but it'll be nice not having that mess in my kitchen and dining room.

Karen, I will have to go back and read about your mom and see what is going on. I hate to hear it that your dad has lost interest in woodworking. My dad has a shop full of stuff like that too, him and my mom used to have a woodworking business, but they decided to stop when they just didn't have the time, but he kept all his tools in case he got back into it again after he retired! Its really great though, b/c a couple of weeks ago I texted him a website and asked him to make me an ink holder, and he did within a day! I love being surrounded by guys that can really do whatever needs to be done!

Whew...another long post!

Heather, I like my mom's potato salad, but I hate coleslaw and egg salad. Your not totally alone.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to Issabear

good morning ladies

happy 4th

lissa i love this song,its one of my favorites

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to Issabear

Lissa, that is one of the songs we sing for Praise Music at church! Love that song!

Ended up going to the cookout anyway, and I just stuck with my sister and had a good time. The weather was not as hot as I was expecting, and it was so nice out. When it got time for the fireworks we moved our chairs back to the grassy area closer and I snapped lots of pics. Haven't looked at them yet, so don't know if I got many decent ones. They are so hard, at least for me, with my little point and shoot. My sister was freaking out tho, when I pointed out the birds flying overhead were not birds but bats. So now between all the smoke from the grill, being in the freshly cut grass and then the smoke bombs being set off, my allergies are awful this morning. Can't take much for them tho, due to high blood pressure plus meds I'm on. So I just have to suffer. Hope it goes away soon and doesn't turn into sinus infection and a trip to the dr.

Yes, that is sad that you dad has lost interest in woodworking Karen! My grandfather used to make a few pieces of furniture for their house and they were just beautiful. My uncle lives in their house, since my grandparents passed away almost 20 years ago, and the furniture is still there. A long time ago my mom gave him a pattern for a wooden box and he made 12 of them, every one out of a different kind of wood. He kept 11 of them, and gave one to her. After my parents divorced, she gave it to me. I still have it, and have made an engraved plate to go on it. Such a treasured keepsake!

Jen, will pray for traveling mercies for you, and hope you don't get caught up in any of the flooding.

Well, as you can tell I do wordy posts too! I don't mind long posts, so don't worry about me. lol Hope you are all having a blessed weekend!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to momofcody

Good morning!

I love that song Lissa! I have a christian music station I always listen to in my vehicle, and it's really uplifting to hear the godly music any time I drive! That is a great song!

Don't know what I'm doing today, except I would really love to scrap a page!

Heather...I hate to hear that about your sinuses...I know those are just awful to deal with! I'll keep you in my prayers.

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to StarsNSparkles

Happy 4th ladies!

Yes Lissa awesome awesome song! we sing that at church also. just love it. I was singing it just now as I was reading it on your post. :))

Heather, hope your allergies get batter this am, and you dont have to suffer. We tried to camp out friday night in our back yard, I only lasted until about midnight for I could fell my allergies starting to kick in. Dh and the boys made it all night. I had to bale.

Stephanie, I listen to k-love in our car also. its very uplifting on the way to work or were ever I may be going.

Karen, thinkin of you and prayen for you mom and family.

Hi to everyone else! May God bless us all and our family!
Have a wonderful day

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to Issabear

Happy Monday Ladies! Going to enjoy this last day off, Plan on taking the boys to the city pool with a girlfriend and her boys, Its been a busy busy weekend, but fun! Its suppose to be up in the 90's again today, HOT HOT HOT. So the pool sounds real good!

I hope to get a scrap page done tonght when we get back.

I hope everyone had a great safe holiday weekend.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to momofthreeboys

Good morning! I plan on visiting some new stores in our area. One is an LSS and another just a craft store. I may also take a trip to HL and J's...but can't spend a lot.

I have a question for you ladies. I am wanting to visit this new church, but I have no idea what time it starts. There is no sign out front other than the name that tells the hours, there is no yellow pages ad, and everytime I call it just rings and rings, so no answering machine or office person. Any ideas on how to find out what time this church starts?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-05-10 08:36 AM

remove

Edited by Issabear on 12-07-12 09:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to kanary

That's a good idea about leaving a note...I may do that. I've tried calling on different days and at different times, but never get an answer. If they don't call, then I'll do a drive by.

Well...I don't really like the fights, but sometimes we will be on who will win (just fun bets) and cheer for our person. I just felt so bad that none of his friends would come or his brother.

Well...I would love to have a friend to shop with. Its usually just me and my almost 3 yr old DS. I didn't spend much today, just $30. My HL & J's just doesn't have much. The LSS was closed Monday and Tuesday and the other LSS was a house, so not sure about that one. I'm going to try and place an order online since I bombed on my shopping trip.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to kanary

I'm a major bargain shopper, so very rarely do I actually shop here, just won't pay the high prices and high shipping, but if I had two GCs then I would...lol!

I did just place a $60 order on one of my fave sites. Going to try out some new shimmerz products.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody

Evening all! Thanks for all the well wishes with my allergies. Praise God they seemed to pretty much clear up by the time I got to church. Still a little scratchy, but nothing like it was.

Yesterday afternoon ds and I went to see a movie, and then home to laundry and just relax. Today was a fun day, as I didn't have to work and my one sister and I went to our fav sb store and spent the day scrapping away. I got 4 more pages done in my mosaic album, for a total of 7 done now. That's a record for me! lol There's been years I don't even do a total of 4 all year. I seem to spend more time buying and chatting about it than actually doing it. But this store and their crop room is a Godsend. And we all know how theraputic sbing is! Love spending the time with my sister too.

Off to bed now to read more of "Two from Galilee." Such a wonderful book! Have a good night all!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to momofcody

Gonna be a scorcher here today! Temps in the 90's. Too hot for me! Back to work today, and it's gonna be a busy one. Have a great day all!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Issabear

Well...it was a busy day at work today...quite unusual for me! I didn't get to work on my flowers all day long! LOL

Karen...how did the dr. go?

Its hot here and been hot for a while! I don't mind the heat...as long as I can get cooled off when I need to.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to kanary

So glad to hear that Karen! Hope he works well for your mom.

Work was a bear today! Things go better when the equipment you use actually works right. So glad to come home to the a/c!

Off to do laundry. Have a good evening all!

girlscout333
Resident
girlscout333
In response to momofcody

OK, I know it is simple. I just an not seeing how to share my image w/ you all HERE. So. . . this is the link to my page and you can look at it from there. Not a master piece by any means, but DONE. http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Hope that works. Enjoy!

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to girlscout333

Hi ladies!

Karen~ glad all went well at the doc. Wow 102, that is crazy hot. Its been 95 here today and tomorrow, May b another pool day tomorrow for us.

Betsy great lo!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day!

Blessing my friends!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to momofthreeboys

Hi ladies, have any of you checked out the "Hobby Lobby and Religion" thread. Dozens of people from this site proclaiming they will no longer shop at HL because of their (Hobby Lobby's) Christian values!

Well I'm here to say I am Christian and proud of it! Hobby Lobby will still be getting my business.

Page 5 of 74 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics