Username Post: Please Delete        (Topic#1536449)
girlscout333
Resident
girlscout333
In response to kanary

Two things:
1. Yes, please point me in the direction on how to show you my LO's on this forum. I have read on challenge boards that I need to click on the "Allow public embedding", but beyond that. . . clueless

2. Maybe it's b/c I'm not in a group, or b/c someone is expecting me to do it. . . but I have consistently for 3 days now gotten my booty out of bed and went straight for my Beth Moore Bible Study. Yeah! I don't say this to boast, but to have accountability (because I am NOT in a group). This was a study someone asked me to join. I had stopped when I got my teaching job and Sunday nights were always full of grading papers and lesson plans. I tried, but only completed about 1/4 of the work. It is my goal to go back and do the rest. I'm starting strong, which I often do, and hope to finish strong as well.

It's entitled To Live is Christ: The Life and Ministry of Paul

Need to get into the basement where it is much cooler. Humidity in IL is very high. All my scrappin' stuff is down there, and the kids. It's always good to be w/in earshot of the kids

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to girlscout333

Where in Illinois are you Betsy? I live in southern Illinois...close to Marion/Carbondale!

Ugh...I won't even begin to list my errors...lol...I'm so far from where I want to be. My flesh is very weak, but I try and I like a place I can come to for that refreshing Biblical taste of life! That is here. I don't like who I am a lot of times, but I know I need to, so I just keep praying. About a month or so ago, I entered into a very dark, angry place of depression, yes, dr. diagnosed depression. I only took the pills for about 20 days though, b/c I don't like to rely on meds....I want God to do for me what those pills are supposed to do.

Why do you feel that way towards your dad, Karen?

I am struggling in my own relationship with my mom. Trying very hard to continue to like her right now. No easy feat for me. Its best for me to try to keep some distance.

I love SYTYCD Karen! I can't believe their are only 2 girls left and 6 guys! Those guys are great dancers though! I hope you can get some sleep tonight, I know what you mean about not being able to shut your mind off! You have a difficult road!

Alright...enough of a blog post from me! Sorry ladies!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to Issabear

Dear Betsy, I'll try to walk you through the linking process. Others, feel free to correct my instructions!!

1) You do need to mark the box "Allow Public Embedding" when you upload your LOs.
2) In your gallery, click on the LO you want to link.
3) Over on the left side of the page you will see the words: "Share Anywhere" - Click on that
4) A pop-up will appear and you click on the "IMG" box. Next, click on the box with the code language in it and right click to copy it. Next, select the size you want your LO to be in the forum thread. I choose LARGE.
5) Now go to the forum thread where you want to post and in the reply box, right click and paste your LO. The gobbledy goop language will appear (if you click "Preview" or when you post, the real image will appear). Type your message above or below your image.

Whew! Did that make sense??

I have to tell you how much I enjoyed Beth Moore's study on the life of Paul! I did do it in a small group, but it's one you can easily do on your own. I so enjoy her studies, especially with her on the video venue. I hope to get back into a large group study using her new book on self image this fall. Like you, time is a big issue for me.

Please come share any nuggets you glean from the study. Paul is one of the first people I want to meet in heaven!

girlscout333
Resident
girlscout333
In response to kanary

url=http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/143393/view /2824561/-1.html][/url] in the Light By Girlscout333

I think I'm teachable. Almost there. . .
I'll try again tonight

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to girlscout333

Karen, I am very glad that you told me and not in the least bit sorry that I asked! I will definitely keep your relationship with your father in my prayers and I will pray for a change of heart in your dad...even at the age of 84!!! God is a God of miracles...its never too late for Him!!!

I cannot believe all that you do and how well you treat him for what you have been through!!! I strongly admire you for that and if nothing ever changes in your relationship with him and nothing ever changes in him...just remember that by being who you are and doing what you are doing is changing others...because they see and recognize the good person that you are!!!

I definitely could use a lesson in behaving as you do, b/c I don't often hold my tongue when I should, except with my mom, and sometimes then I hold it too much! You are an inspiration though!

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to kanary

Good Evening ladies, tryen to get caught up on all the post.

Karen~ Glad to hear your mom is eating and feeling a lil better this afternoon, Still prayen for her and you. Hope your able to get some rest.

Welcome Trina!

its been really hot here that past few days, took the boys to the pool today for about 4 hours, It was nice and relaxing. we just got home about an hour ago, and the lil guys were out 15 mins after being hom... YEAH ME.. lol I get a quiet evening. Jk. they just plan wore them selfs out today. Tball this am then pool all afternoon.

have a great night ladies, will try to stop back by before bed. Hope to get caught up on the post.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to momofthreeboys

Ah..I'm not too kind, that's what I really think from what you wrote! At least you mumble under your breath...I just say it! LOL

A pool sounds fun Linda...I sure miss ours...especially on hot days like this! How many lil guys do you have? What are their ages!

That's great news about your mom Karen...I'm so glad she is feeling better and eating!

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to StarsNSparkles

Stephanie, we have 3 boys, Dakota who is 16, Jimmy who is 6, and lil Nate who is 4. Nate will start preschool this fall, Im not sure how Ill feel about that, Sort of bitter sweet. Happy for him bcause he is soo excited to go, but sad because he's the baby and he's starting school.. telling my self right now, not to worry about it right now, we still have all of summer to enjoy.

Dakota starts drivers ed on the 18th, that kinda of scary. You see your first born child learning to drive...omgosh where does time go...and ohh no I dont want him to drive or grow up. My dh tells me all the time to let him go and be a teenager, BUT..but.

My Jimmy he loves school, and he's a daddys boy, always with him, when daddys not working.

What about you any children?

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

Glad to find this thread. It looks like a breath of fresh air. I find I have the most fun and enjoy the fellowship w/my fellow Christian women.

I am 40 and live in Arkansas with my husband. We have two grown daughters and a grandson who just had his first birthday last week. Dh and I are both disabled in wheelchairs and deal with everyday health issues.

Look forward to getting to know u all.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Trina_P

I have 2 step-sons, one lives with his mom last we knew about 4 hours from us, but we don't get to see him and we haven't heard anything from them in about 5 years give or take. He just turned 8.

My other step-son is Dakota (lol), he just turned 13 and he lives with us. He is turning into a pretty good boy...which I think we deserve after what we went through with him when he was younger.

Then, I have a daughter from before my marriage, she just turned 12...and OMG...look out puberty! She is drama mama at its finest...wears her heart on her sleeve, but is the most loving and giving person! Sometimes, I would do well to take a page out of that back!

Then, me and DH finally have a son together. He will be 3 on August 2. He is such a joy and a delight, but a major major handful!! Spoiled rotten as the sky is blue...but we love him! He's our baby and our last...DH made sure of that...lol

I can't even imagine my kids being old enough to drive! That is scary!!! You sure have a big gap between your children! Did you plan it that way or did it just happen? Is that too personal? LOL Sorry

Trina...that pic in your avi looks so nice...right where I would like to be right now! I'm sorry to hear about your health issues! If you don't mind me asking, why are you both in wheelchairs?

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody

Whoa, you guys have been busy chatting away! I'll have to go back and read to catch up.

First of all tho, I want to send a BIG welcome to Trina! So glad to have you here! Hope you can feel at home with us.

Karen, so glad to hear your mom is doing much better!!! Praise the Lord! Hope you all rested well last night. I need to go back and read about your father. I will pray that things are well with you two, but I have to admit things are not 100% with my father too.

Stephanie, will say prayers for you, that your pain goes away and all is well.

Slept much better last night. So tired this morning it was hard to drag myself out of bed. Work has been very hard this week, physically, and it's wearing on me. I have to walk back and forth between buildings to get my job done, and being in this heat isn't helping. Cannot wait for vacation. We are leaving after church Sunday and going to the Mackinac City area of our beautiful state. We have a cabin rented and will just explore the area. It's been a few years since we've been there.

Wishing you all a blessed day!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to momofcody

That sounds like a very nice and relaxing vacation Heather! I hope you enjoy it! I know when it was getting close to our vacation...I was soooo ready!!! I really needed the break from everyone and everything. That was right after I got the depression diagnosis and I was having such a rough time! Vacation was great for me and I hope it is great for you.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to kanary

Thanks for the info about the changes on sb.com...I hadn't seen that! Good...it'll give me an excuse to scrap and not stay on here and talk too much...lol

That's good that your mom is still remembering stuff even while dealing with dimentia! I'm glad you got a good night's rest...you needed it! It can make all the difference in the world!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

Scrapashopaholic-I was born with Spina Bifida. My husband has a neurological disease called Reflex Sympathetic Dystropy. It resulted from a military injury that was left untreated for 15 years while the military was sending him to a psyhchiatrist telling him nothing was wrong with him. Now they acknowledge his disease and is 100% disabled since this is a progressive disease but is too little too late now.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Trina_P

I'm sorry to hear that about your DH and I'll be keeping you both in my prayers that God will make your path as smooth as possible! I know daily life probably isn't too easy, but it would be better without additional health problems!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to kanary

Hello LADIES!!! I missed you all so much! The reception in my room was horrible and it was too frustrating trying to log in from the cell phone. Anyway we made it to Gatlinburg on Saturday with no problems! We had a beautiful time. It was hotter than a pepper sprout down there!

They have one of the most amazing scrapbooking stores down there and right next door was there clearance store! I was in awe y'all. I never saw so much stuff in one area! I wanted to buy everything, but I held my composure...I only bought a few items. I was able to buy 25 sheets of pp for 50 cents!! Unreal right?

I was reading about the Hobby Lobby issue and I am happy to say, the scrapbooking store down in Seriville (Gatlinburg area) was a Christian based store!

We also stopped in KY and visted a store that sells scrapbooking items there. I met one of the sweetest ladies from sb.com while there.

I thank you all for your prayers and keeping my family and I in your thoughts. I am also praying for you Ms.Stephanie, and for your mom Ms. Karen. I am thinking and praying for each and everyone of you my friends. Thank you again and it is good to be back on here! Kenya

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to HisGEM

Wow, that is great news Ms Karen! Thank you Jesus!!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to HisGEM

Kanary
Thanks for the offer to pray for us. My daughter is in a bad situation with a boyfriend and I am praying so much for her to safely get out of this situation. He is not a Christian and is influencing her in bad ways.

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to HisGEM

Stephanie ~ I had dakota when I was a senior in highschool, his dad and I never married (god was looking out for me there.. lol) we were together for awhile. My stepmom and dad help me raise dakota. I meet Tim, (my dh) in 2000 we married in March of 03. Had Jimmy and Nate. And the rest is history. Now living happy ever after.

That is cool that we both have boys named Dakota.

Heather ~ awwww vacation, I bet your excited. Wishing you and your family a wonderful wonderful time. Will be praying for a safe and wonderful trip.

Karen ~ That is wonderful news about Mom. and glad to hear you slept well. God is soo good!

Kenya ~ WOW..25pc for 50cents that is dirt cheap, awesome deal, Glad to hear you had a wonderful time, cant wait to see lo's of your vacation

Ladies~ I have a prayer request please, I done this client of mine today, and she told me that her brother in law's wife died from an unexpected brain hemorrhage last night. She woke up with a bad headache. didnt think much took some aspren, then it got worse..rushed her to the er, had to be life flighted to Toledo. emerg. surgery. and didnt make it. My heart poors out with prayers to her husband and there family. Another bad thing to this story is they had lost there daughter to the same thing, same hospital same surgery room 6 yrs ago. Your prayers for this family would mean alot to me and them

Thanks so much, love ya sister in christ

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps

hello ladies,hope everyones good today,i will have to go back to catch up on posts,but i quickly needed to share a prayer request,my friend glorious called me today to ask for prayer and prayer lists for her friend ritas husband,sorry i don't know his name,but they have not given him much of a chance,hes got heart problems and some other sudden onset things once he got to the hospital,but i told glorious that i would share her request,thank you all so much for your love and care,just know you all are in my thoughts,bonnie

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics