Username Post: Please Delete        (Topic#1536449)
kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to bbscraps

Linda, Bonnie, and Trina,

Thank you for sharing these important prayer requests with us. It will be my privilege to pray for these concerns right now.

Father God, I come to you with a heavy heart after reading of these requests. Thank you that you already know and hear the cries of our hearts. What seems impossible to us is not for you.

I pray for Trina's daughter and this scary relationship she's in. Father, give her the courage to do what's right and walk away. Keep her safe until she's ready to make that choice. Give Trina and her husband wisdom in knowing how to help their daughter. I pray this young woman would turn to you to meet ALL of her needs.

And Father, I bring before you Rita's husband and the life-threatening place he's in right now. We ask for a miracle in his body today, Lord, trusting you as the Great Physician. Guide the doctors as they run tests and make decisions on this man's behalf. Grant them wisdom and cause them to turn to you for knowledge that is beyond their reach. Bring comfort to Rita, I pray. Surround her with people who will be supportive and loving as she bears this heavy burden.

I pray also for this precious family that just lost their wife and mother in such a shocking way. Oh God, somehow provide the peace and comfort that each one needs so desperately right now. Their grief must be doubled with the loss of the daughter six years ago. How our hearts ache for them. I know your heart aches, too.

Thank you that we can come boldly to your throne of grace, knowing that you never sleep or nod off. You are a compassionate Father and we ask that YOUR kingdom would come in each of these dire situations. We entrust our fears and concerns into your safekeeping, in Jesus' name. Amen.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to kanary

Karen...I want to say thank you for saying the thread prayers! I love to pray along with you and you have such wonderful wording!

I will continue to keep your needs in prayer!

Karen...that is wonderful news about your mom! I'm just thrilled for you!!! Thank you for your prayers for me and my situations!!!

Linda...I had DD when I was 18, right after I graduated, I got preggo. Its a very good thing I never even told the dad!! He is now a registered sex offender having committed sexual crimes against his daughter a few years back! That could've been my daughter and I thank God that He kept us away from that situation!!!!

That's cool that we have boys with the same names! I will also be keeping your prayer request in my thoughts and praying for them!

Kenya...I was just in Gatlinburg and I didn't see any scrappy stores...boo! Yay for your awesome deal though!

My pain hasn't been as noticable today as it was the last 3 days. I'm hoping it will just eventually go away all together! Thank you for keeping me and my mom's situation in your prayers. One of these days, I'll share a little, but it'll be a longggggg post!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StarsNSparkles

I have a praise report! I've been kind of dreading our real estate taxes. We bought our home in fall of 2008 and from what the real estate office told me, the taxes were going to be $3000.00. I was expecting this, and we had been saving the money for it! I was expecting that, dreading more, and praying for a miracle for less! Well hubby called me at work today, said we had gotten them, asked if I was sitting it down, just really making it sound bad....finally he told me and its only $400!!!!!!! I checked everything to make sure that the bill was for all the acreage and the house and it is...so I just feel so blessed!!! We have an extra $2600 now that we can use to do some other stuff!

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys

Karen, tks so much for the prayers on the thread, and Ladies thank you all for the prayers as well. this family will be needing lots of them the nxt few days.

Bonnie~ praying for your friend Rita and her husband

Stephanie~ that is awesome news, its an amazing thing to watch how god will work everything out for us. $400 sounds alot beter then $3000

have a blessed evening ladies, I wont be on much past 8, hope to get another easter lo done or at least started.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to momofthreeboys

I hope you get your LO done. I'm not sure if I'll scrap tonight or watch SYTYCD and make flowers. I didn't end up watching any of it last night. Wouldn't want Karen to ruin the surprise for me...lol

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody

Hello all! Just jumping in here real quick to add a prayer request. I have had the awfulest week at work, and today was worse. One more day to go, then vacation. I just pray that I can make it through tomorrow, and would like for you all to pray for that for me too. Another gal and I got yelled at, at I think my boss is dealing with some personal issues, and would appreciate prayers for him too. Unfortunately, I am the kind of person that will sit any worry while on vacation about what mess I will have to clean up when I get back also. I hope I can get away from that this next week also. I will certianly be praying for all of you here. Hope you all have a nice night!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to momofcody

Good morning!

Heather, I prayed for you last night! I hope today is a better day for you!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody

Thanks Stephanie! Prayed for you too. It's great you ended up not owing all that in taxes. What a joyous surprise for you.

Have a headache this morning, but that could be because I just got back from the dentist and got my braces tightened. Yep, 47 years old and I have braces. For the second time! Hope they work this time. But I have tons more faith in this guy than the one I had as a teen. The braces are helping with my headaches too, as I have a TMJ bite.

I just pray that work goes well for me today, just to make it through. Sometimes I just want to throw up my hands and walk out. But I know that's not the solution. Tempting tho! I just need to pray my way through the day.

Wishing you all a blessed and wonderful day today!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to momofcody

I'll be keeping you in my prayers throughout the day also Heather! I want you to have a wonderful send-off to vacation and not have to worry about work while you are gone!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to kanary

Karen...that is such excellent news about your mom and her eating! I'm so glad that she is feeling better and seeing it herself!

I haven't seen the results of SYTYCD yet...so don't ruin it...lol! I stayed up til midnight last night making flowers and watching the Wed night 2 hour show. I haven't seen the results show yet, but will prob watch it tonight! I hope it isn't Alex!

It was such a blessing about our taxes. Just recently, DH & I ran into some money issues due to the garage he is having built and how it is needing more money than originally planned and money that I (stupidly) hadn't considered. So...when we found out we didn't have the taxes that we thought we would, it sure eased my mind about this shop! God is good...He is sooo good! We are sooo undeserving, but He just continues to heap blessings upon our heads!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

That sounds like fun Karen getting to go hang out at the LSS and fellowship! I would love that! I would love to have real life friends to spend time with and do stuff with!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

Hello everyone! I am so happy to read all of the praise reports! God is awesome! I am also praying for every situation that I have read about. God is in control!

Thank you for the prayers. I am adjusting back to the swing of things.

The scrapbooking store is not in Gatlinburg, it is in Seriville (SP?) On the way to Gatlinburg, it is in a mall. When you see the walmart, turn left. The also have a website if anyone is interested; let me know.

I pray everyone has a great day. Try to stay cool!! Love you all!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to HisGEM

Totally random thought as I am good at you will soon see: What is the Purpose Driven Life of a HOUSEFLY??? I know they are here for a reason, but I sure wish God would reveal that to me!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Trina_P

The only purpose I see other than being eaten by frogs/lizzards are (spiritual stand point); is satan's little emps that we constantly need to shoo away and eventually destroy LOL! Really I was asking that very question just the other day!

girlscout333
Resident
girlscout333
In response to HisGEM

So, I'm in need of a good challenge. Could someone please challenge me to get my kids school books caught up before school starts? Tell me I have to do it, and it needs to be done by XX date with xx papers and use up xx amount of old stuff (I should not be going out to buy anything right now = vacation was $400 over budget).

~~~~~~~~~~~
This cry for help has been brought to you by a woman who spent the better part of an hour yesterday looking for 1st & 2nd grade pictures w/ no result

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to kanary

You guys are too funny!

I got out and dug more with DH when I came home from work and have some nasty blisters and one even ripped open to prove it! I hate it! My hands are getting calloused and tight and I don't like it. When I say something to DH, he just says, well I like the help! Well...you wanted the shop..you do the work! Brat! Oh well...I guess we can't all have pretty, soft hands!

I got a box in today of scrappy stuff! I haven't opened it yet...need to do that!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody

God is good! Thank you all so much for the prayers. Even though it was still hectic at work, it was much better and my boss was in a good mood. I work at a bank, in the data processing department. But I don't actually do much "proof" work like I was hired for 15 years ago. Most of that is actually done in the branches now. Our office just moved to another building the bank owns, which is just across the parking lot. A lot of what I have to do now is still in the old building, until the can get it moved. We just were handed the job of running the statement stuffer and mailing statements. The machine is very tempermental, and jams all the time. When we get done with the job, we have a sheet that we have to balance the count to, matching exact. Then when that is done, we have to sort back through every statement looking for ones that have special codes on them that don't get mailed and pull those out. So for the last 6 six days at work, that's what I've been doing for about 7 hours a day. That's on top of the stuff I already do. And I am dog tired! When they get the machine moved over to our building it will be much easier on us, it's just waiting for the company that we bought the machine from to move it. And walking back and forth, back and forth, between buildings, in and out of the heat and humidity hasn't been easy. So between me and 2 other gals working on this part time, I figure we shipped out about 14,000 statements in the last 6 days. Ok, you wanted to know Karen, so that's the story! lol But yes, God is so good! It was an easier day, and I left feeling much better. Thank you all soooo much for the prayers.

I think I am off to bed here shortly. Have a great evening all!

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to kanary

Oh and what wonderful news that your mom is feeling better Karen! God is certainly taking care of her. Will keep you all in my prayers that things continue to go well with her.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to momofcody

heather...I am thrille dthat you had such a good day today, well better then the rest of the week and you can go off on vacation with a much lighter heart!!!

Karen...finally watched the last of SYTYCD and my heart was broken to see Alex go. Its a hard choice with those dancers, they are all so good and I just love Jose! He has the sweetest spirit...you can just sense it!

So...wanted to report...I think I have figured out what my pain was. I get these under skin cysts, they aren't harmful, but painful and very annoying! I think that is what was causing the pain. I think I was able to bust it or pop it (so sorry if that sounds gross and is TMI) and the pain has been very much alleviated and I'm hoping it will be completely gone in the next day or two! Thank you for your prayers!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Issabear

OMG...I think my little pinkie is infected! I was helping DH dig some more tonight and I totally ripped the skin off my pinkie where a blister was forming. Well, it had all kinds of dirt in it, so we washed it out with peroxide and bandaged it up. It was really throbbing, so I took the bandaid off to let the air get to it, which has really helped, but now it is big and red and filling up with goo. I'm so gross...I know.

I hope everything is OK Lissa!

Edited by Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic on 07-09-10 08:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics