Username Post: Anyone Selling?        (Topic#1536547)
Chelsey518
New Kid On the Block
Chelsey518

Is anyone trying to sell any of there tools? I am looking for punches, or the Fiskars Shapecutter. Thanks!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Chelsey518

I have the shape cutter and don't waste your money its a pain in the but. I am in Canada so the postage likely wouldn't make it worth your while but don't get it.

Chelsey518
New Kid On the Block
Chelsey518
In response to CorrieW

I've heard that, but I cannot affor a die cut machine, I need a way to crate large shapes, like circles, I dont know what else to do

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

An easy cheap way to cut large circles is the "dinner plate system". Take your dinner plates, cut around them, and, viola, perfect circle.

Chelsey518
New Kid On the Block
Chelsey518
In response to flintridgescrapper

HOw are the manula die cutting machines? Are they just as much of a pain?

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

If you want it for circles (don't have them) get the CM system. You could try craigs list for a used set. You will like that much better than the fiskars system.

Chelsey518
New Kid On the Block
Chelsey518
In response to CorrieW

Thanks, Also, would you know the best option to making your own phrases? I am fairly new to this so I am not quite sure.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

You could try printing stuff out from the computer or using stamps. Since you are starting out I would suggest you start small and don't buy everything you see. I got the fiskars system when I started and a bucn of stuff that I just handed over to my 3 yr old for crafts. When you really get into the hobby then you will know what you really like and don't and what is worth investing in. Remember try to find some deals on craigs list but use coupons and watch for sales. Birthdays and christmas are great ways to get a spluge without feeling guilty.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to CorrieW

If you want to make phrases and things, try doing it on your computer and printer. You can print the phrase and then color, hand cut, whatever.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to CorrieW

You could also try online for a die cut machine, people sell them all the time. I have a cuttlebug and silhouette and love them both.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Nancy Keslin

I actually love my Fiskars ultra shape express. There are just 3 simple rules to get it working correctly:

1. Place the template with Fiskar's name right-side up.

2. Hold the shapecutter like a computer mouse.

3. Either avoid heavy cardstock, or cut over it twice.

I also have the Creative Memories set, but no longer use it. For me, it's too difficult to cut exactly where I want it to cut. With Fiskars, simply lay down the template and what you see is what you will cut.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to CorrieW

Is the Fiskars Ultra ShapeXpress the same thing? I got one as a gift (with no shapes) but I've never used it because I have 2 die cutters. I'd be happy to mail it to you for the cost of postage. It's still in its packaging.

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to scraprabbit

I have a barely used Slice I'd be willing to part with for 50 to 75 bucks. Let me know.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to sweet1

I have these and they are so easy to use - just make sure your blade is deep enought to cut through your pp. That was my problem at first

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to SuperAllyFan

I have the Fiskars shape cutter and I love it. I have around 25 templates. I have since bought a cricut expression, but I still use my fiskars shape cutter.

Edited by debby_westbrook on 06-12-10 03:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to debby_westbrook

Sending you a PM

Edited by Rosita on 06-12-10 04:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mama of a monkey
Mayor
Mama of a monkey
In response to Rosita

Fiskars shape cutter is a love it or hate it item it seems I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. And never have had the complaints and problems it seems that others have.

It takes patience, but once you get the hang of it you are good.

I have a couple of the plastic shape templates that I don't use anymore... I will go through them and see what I have and post later.

totallycre8tive
Veteran
totallycre8tive

• Chelsey518 Said:
Is anyone trying to sell any of there tools? I am looking for punches, or the Fiskars Shapecutter. Thanks!

I have the Fiskars circle/oval for sale for $15.00....postage not included.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics