Username Post: Prima Flowers        (Topic#1536709)
Expert

I have seen some really beautiful layouts with Prima flowers. I haven't tried my hand at any yet. I was just curious if they fit in an album ok or if they stick up too much and make your album too thick.
Products Referenced in This Post:

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to scrappy_day

what's too thick LOL,,,I have no such vocabulary

Many are quite flat and work nicely,,,,I find some of the roses are quite thick (like the ones below), even the smaller ones "stand up" off the page,,,,,however, I still love them in albums and use them frequently,,,,,I just have thick, chunky albums

Karen.W
Diva
Karen.W

I swear by Prima! They have the most gorgeous flowers around.

To be quite honest with you, yes they make ur albums bulky=( Not so much if you're using a D ring binder. But bulkiness is the price I pay for their gorgeousness=)

Theyre paper flowers arent as bulky.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Karen.W

Yep, the roses can add quite a bit of depth to your page. But I love the depth, so I deal.

fiddlestix
Veteran
fiddlestix
In response to Nancy Keslin

I just found the world of Prima flowers. I bought a big assorted container full of hundreds. I am SO pleased!!

Cari F
Cari F 
Veteran
Cari F
In response to fiddlestix

The flowers stick up depending on which ones you use but I have found over time-once they are in a page protector and an album-they flatten a bit-the albums are fine. My pages are super chunky-so I can only fit one page per protector-I am fine with that too!
The Fiestas you posted are flatter than some-they will be fine...

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Cari F

they do make your albums bulky and you need a heavy duty glue dot or zot to attach them

Edited by GTGW on 06-15-10 04:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Just G

I just recently found the world of Prima flowers.

Meaning I bought a ton within the last few weeks from this site

Great deals on them but I bought mostly the paper flat ones - didn't come across the more dimensional rose ones - good thing or I'd be broke!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Ohio4HMom

I love prima-next to Tim Holtz they are my favorite scrap product. They do add bulk, but like the others said, use a d-ring for your album and they work just fine. There are times I will plan my pages so that my flowers are on opposite parts of the pages on adjacent pages so that I don't have flowers right on top of each other when I close my book and they kind of 'fit' into each other-if that makes sense!

Expert
In response to MrsAnnieS

Thanks for all the tips guys!! I think I will be going to Michaels on my lunch hour and getting a D-ring scrapbook and what do you know they have flowers on sale this week?!!! ha ha

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

LOL I think the prices here online are better though

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Ohio4HMom

Welcome to sb.com!

This is like deja vu
This seems to be question of the month. Here are several recent threads about 'lumpy' pages:
3D embellishments
Storing very dimension layouts

Maybe a 'duh' question

Page Protectors

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2

Check out the 3 ringed binder here. I love the We Are Memory Keepers.

Selah Scrapping
Veteran
Selah Scrapping
In response to scrappin 2

Oh some prima flowers are very bulky and some are just a little but it depends if all your lo are going into and album then just by the ones that won't stick out much there paper flowers aren't that bulky, but don't hold the fold well when pressed down, but I feel if we use such BEAUTIFUL flowers like primas, then why sick them in an album. Find a place where you can make your own little gallery and show case your work, I mean primas aren't that cheap so why not put that beauty to show. Even if it's an easle on top of a table, you'll get a lot of great reviews from visitors, take care, bye!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
I love prima-next to Tim Holtz they are my favorite scrap product. They do add bulk, but like the others said, use a d-ring for your album and they work just fine. There are times I will plan my pages so that my flowers are on opposite parts of the pages on adjacent pages so that I don't have flowers right on top of each other when I close my book and they kind of 'fit' into each other-if that makes sense!

I do this with my minis especially because there are no page protectors in my 6x6 or 5x5 minis,,,,so if the flowers are in a place they'll hit other flowers, it not only makes it too bulky, but they push at eachother, flattening etc,,,,

Expert
In response to CommaHolly

Ok guys - I just ordered some packages of the Prima flowers and D-ring album........can't wait to get it and try this out!! Thanks for everyones help!!

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest

Congrats Tammi!! You can always squish the flowers down. And the fabric ones from Prima are less bulky HTH

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics