Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Distress Ink?        (Topic#1536859)
HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

I am on the late show, I know Tim Holtz is the man! What color(s) should I start with?

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to HisGEM

what are you planning on doing with it?

I think that makes all the difference. I use distress inks for tons of things. But if you want a general, distressed, antiqued look, my go to is Walnut. That said...I own 27 different colors. lol

jessicaparker88
Resident
jessicaparker88
In response to HisGEM

The embossing ink is a total must, it stays wet SOOO long, it gives you plenty of time to position the stamp and then use the powder, and gives the best look for embossed images. I don't know how I ever lived without it.

My next must haves would be Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Black Soot, Tattered Rose and Walnut Stain. Ya know what, move walnut stain to the top. That's the one I use the very most.

Edited by jessicaparker88 on 06-16-10 12:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mybasketofscraps
Resident
mybasketofscraps
In response to HisGEM

Oh, all of them! LOL
I would recommend to start with the browns. I know those are the ones I use the most. Then the reds. It's just so hard to buy one at a time! Good luck!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to mybasketofscraps

I'd go with the browns as well as black soot. I use those on pretty much everything.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Ok, thanks for the insight!! I will have to pick some up this weekend!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to HisGEM

I use the tea dye a lot!

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to jessicaparker88

• jessicaparker88 Said:
The embossing ink is a total must, it stays wet SOOO long, it gives you plenty of time to position the stamp and then use the powder, and gives the best look for embossed images. .

I'll have to disagree a tiny bit with that. Distress ink often doesn't give even coverage on stamped items. A lot of times, stamped items looks...well...distressed! So if that's the look you're going for, then great. And the ink does work well for embossing.

However, if you're just going to judge it on embossed image/stamping aspect, it's not at the top of the list. Versamark is a better choice for even coverage color and embossing.

That said...I use Antique Linen and Vintage Photo all the time.

Edited by tinacome on 06-16-10 03:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to tinacome

i vote for vintage photo! it's my favorite!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to beccaboo3

DEFINATELY the browns first,,,,they are the ones I go to the most,,,,,,,vintage photo and tea dye are my favs!!!!!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to CommaHolly

for a while I only had tea and found I used it quite a bit

Tigger
Tigger 
Mayor
Tigger
In response to melissadam

Vintage Photo for SURE - I use it on every LO. And Black Soot.

Oh, who am I kidding? I own them all.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Tigger

Vintage Photo--mine is almost dry since I use it the most. And I also like Marmalade.

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to Jennifer Priest

i love faded jeans too!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Jennifer Priest

My current new favorite is wild honey, but I like the fall colors...

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to Nancy Keslin

• homesclscrapper Said:
what are you planning on doing with it?

I think that makes all the difference. I use distress inks for tons of things. But if you want a general, distressed, antiqued look, my go to is Walnut. That said...I own 27 different colors. lol

Nancy!! I am still looking for that Walnut one!! Yes, I agree go for the brown's first, and like Nancy said depends what you are doing, I think.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to momma paparazzi

Black Soot and if you LOVE blue like me lol Tumbled Glass

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Have them all, love them all!! Vintage Photo and Black Soot are my "go-to"'s though!!!!

Selah Scrapping
Veteran
Selah Scrapping
In response to TripletMother

Oh thats like asking a mother who is her favorite child, lol, theres just no one answer, but it all depends on the project, and the style you most lean towards, for example is you love vintage (like me) then vintage photo, antique line etc... are the best, if you like, oh shabby chic, then tattered rose, broken china, shabby shutters etc... are great, and so on, its all on what your doing at the momment, thats whats great about Distress Inks, theres a colour for all your needs, definatley must have investment, heck, BUY'EM ALL, lol, lol, take care, bye!!!

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 06-17-10 09:00 PM
In response to Selah Scrapping

Peeled paint is my favorite color! I find myself using vintage photo and tea dye alot though!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics