Username Post: Westrim Strap-Hinge Albums        (Topic#1536947)
Pastor Joyce
Tenant
Pastor Joyce

I've noticed that Westrim strap-hinge albums are as rare as hen's teeth. I've seen a few window albums, but that's it.

I have a hunch that CM eliminated the competition. Does anyone know whether CM bought Westrim's album division?

Expert
In response to Pastor Joyce

I don't know if CM bought them out or not. The only place I can find strap hidge albums are at Hobby Lobby if you are lucky to have one of those stores by you. I don't think Michaels carries them any more.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to scrappy_day

Big Lots may carry them.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to runzalot81

I found a bunch at Big Lots. They only had black and they were $10 each. I prefer CM albums, but can't always spend the $. Do you have a BL near you? Maybe you can find some there.

There is a LSS in Yorktown, VA that used to sell them, as well. I am not sure where you are from, but if you live anywhere near VA, you could try it.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Egads, I just checked your profile and you are nowhere near VA. Maybe try a LSS, though.

Pastor Joyce
Tenant
Pastor Joyce

• tammikiley Said:
I don't know if CM bought them out or not. The only place I can find strap hidge albums are at Hobby Lobby if you are lucky to have one of those stores by you. I don't think Michaels carries them any more.

Tammi, I don't think M carries strap-hinge albums anymore. I shopped HL all the time when I lived in Colorado Springs. I checked and can now shop HL online. And you're right!!! They have strap-hinge albums. You've made me a very happy camper!!!

Bless you!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to siameseplease

• siameseplease Said:
There is a LSS in Yorktown, VA

Picture to Page? Is that the one or is there another in Yorktown I don't know about? (I live nearby...)

Expert
In response to Pastor Joyce

Glad you found them!! That's usually where I buy mine. I love CM albums but they are a little pricey.

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo

FYI on Westrim, when I was a CM consultant in the late 90s there was some kind of legal battle between CM and Westrim because the strap hinge album style was supposed to be exclusive to CM. Or at least that's what they told us. So if westrim albums are hard to find, that may be what's causing the short supply, but I don't know for sure. Like I said, it was in the late 90s.

However, they may be expensive but in my opinion, CM albums are the only way to go! Excellent quality and durability!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics