Username Post: Prima Flowers        (Topic#1537019)
S0LDIERS.WIFE
Resident
S0LDIERS.WIFE

I just got 4 bottles of prima flowers and so far I have opened and sorted though 2 of the 4 and found 23 of the large flowers with white stuff all over them and I can see it in the other 2 bottles. Does anyone else have this problem, and do you think this will eventually happen to all the other flowers? I dont want to use them on a LO if this may happen.

These are the tall glass bottes of primas called Iced Got Flowers

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to S0LDIERS.WIFE

is it the "ice" ? Like frosted flowers?

Here's a description. SOunds like its the 'ice'

Prima Iced Got Flowers
Product information

Dressing up a favorite Prima style, Michaels offers a special edition of Iced Got Flowers. Included are solids and dots in a variety of sizes, perfect for layering. Some are “frosted” with a dimensional paint which makes them look refreshingly cool on your summer crafts.

Edited by Just G on 06-18-10 12:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Just G

aren't they supposed to be like that?

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to Just G

Is this what you are talking about? These are supposed to look like that.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to mrsmiller

no her flowers are flat and come in a jar. they frosted appearance is to make it look 'cool'

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to Just G

Ah, got ya! Like the description above says... duh!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to mrsmiller

I like the "icing",,,,and those winter roses are amazing!!!!!!

S0LDIERS.WIFE
Resident
S0LDIERS.WIFE
In response to CommaHolly

Yes they are the iced got flowers...I guess they are supposed to be like that, but if mine looked pretty like the winter rose collection does I would love them, mine look just weird, and its only about a dozen in each bottle of 175 which is why I thought something was wrong with them...LOL

Do you all like how the iced look?

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to S0LDIERS.WIFE

I've gotten some Prima flowers too that have some white gunk on them....just a few of the many bottles/packages I've bought and just on a few flowers in each of these containers....so I KNOW they were not made like that intentionaly...almost seems like they were molding or something weird. I just threw away the messed up ones in case they were going to make the others in the pack that way too. Too much of a pain to ship back etc.

michellehum
Tenant
michellehum
In response to kygirlnfla

Can you post pics, maybe?

I think they are supposed to be like that, esp. if the bottle you bought says "Iced"...

jessicaparker88
Resident
jessicaparker88
In response to michellehum

I've bought a few jars of those iced primas on clearance, didn't notice till I got home what the "icing" was, and I personally don't really care for it. It would have looked really cool if it was spread out over the petals and such but on mine it was just a big clump of white paint and some glitter thrown on top. I just picked the white clump off the ones I liked and gave the other ones I won't use to the little girl I babysit to use on her layouts and cards when we craft together. And no, not every flower in the bottles is frosted, just a few. Here's what mine look like:

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to jessicaparker88

I'd have to say that looks bad.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics