Username Post: Which Cricut?        (Topic#1537073)
shamu10276
Tenant
shamu10276

is the cricut cutter a good investment? if i decide to get one which one works the best and where can i get it for less

Which cricut cutter?
Provo Craft-Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter
Provo Craft- Cricut Expression
Provo Craft- Cricut Cake
You may choose one option.
Votes accepted from 06-19-10 05:24 PM to 07-01-10 05:24 PM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to shamu10276

It depends on your intended use. I have the personal its fine for me only a few times I have wanted the expression (it makes bigger cuts) now the cake is an expression for food....if your not decorating food then no need for that one. No matter your choice I think you will love it =) I suggest looking into Sure cuts alot too

HTH

Jamie Pope
Queen
Jamie Pope
In response to Brandilynn

I bought the baby bug when it first came out and have enjoyed it. But it quit working on me last week so I decided it was time to invest in the expression. I'm looking forward to having the larger cutting surface.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Jamie Pope

I love my expression!!! I bought it on ebay.

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 06-20-10 07:11 AM
In response to debby_westbrook

Well it took me a few years but I just got the Expression and thats what I voted for - let me tell you why

I really tried hard to talk myself out of any electronic cutter for a long long time. Then I decided I liked the ease of the cartridges cuz I would spend forever surfing to find what I wanted with the machines that can cut files from the web - so I broke down and got the Baby Bug - I had it for a few years and used it barely at all. Then I got the Gypsy and used it a BUNCH - but I was limited by its size. I love to make cards and Wild Card cartridge really needs the larger size to make envelopes. I love making gift boxes and Tags Bags and More needed the larger size...so this week I got an Expression when it was on sale.

So the long and short of it is - if I had gotten the E. at the time I got the Baby bug I would have only gotten one machine.

Not only is the size it cuts larger but it has some features that I love. I haven't had time to really learn the machine to its fullest but what I've enjoyed so far is the line return, the FIT to Page is awesome and I want to learn the multi cut feature for chipboard.

HTH - I used to get all the new toys right away and some were "duds" so I learned to wait a bit and see how they work. Then the latest lesson is - get what I think I'll ultimately need cuz its cheaper than buying twice

Andrea

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ekip2

Expression! Check around, but ebay is the way to go. However there are other sites that give 50%off coupons which means you can get an expression for $157...with 2 carts!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to HisGEM

Yes, I agree, had I known I would have gotten the expression first instead of the create!

shamu10276
Tenant
shamu10276
In response to HisGEM

thank you to all of you and i will be getting the Cricut Expression! Thanks to all who have posted/voted!

Colombean
Guru
Colombean
In response to shamu10276

I JUST ORDERED MINE FROM JOANN'S FOR $89! I got the personal one. and use this code for free shipping :fsm177 until june 26!

jinky4u
Resident
jinky4u
In response to Colombean

I own a Cricut Expression and I used it a lot. Having the Cricut Cake would be fun. I just made an article about the Cricut Cake recently. Please check it out. Cake Decorating Made Easy with Cricut Cake

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics