Page 1 of 134 
Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

Ok, so since the other thread is up to get deleted here is our new book thread!

I am almost done with Lies. Its a pretty good series. Very easy YA reads.

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to TraciK

I'm reading Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris! I needed another series to get hooked on!

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to beccaboo3

I'm reading Once a Princess by Sherwood Smith.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to TraciK

I here! Glad to see this thread is up and running.

I have two books going on at once, "Photo, Snap, Shot" by Joanna campbell Slan. But I had a library hold that come in, so had to put it down, and now I am reading Debbie Macomber's Hannah's List.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to TraciK

I posted a link to this thread. I hope that is ok

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to beccaboo3

• beccaboo3 Said:
I'm reading Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris! I needed another series to get hooked on!

Is that the Sookie Stackhouse series? I LOVED those books!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 06-20-10 07:32 AM
In response to TraciK

I love reading, but I'm rarely able. When I start a book, i want to finish it, i had putting a good book down and having to read over a period of time.

I refuse to buy novels (I buy tons of books, just not novels) and use the library, problem is...I keep forgetting to return the books, so i've stopped borrowing.

I want a kindle/ereader, but not until the books are cheaper/at the library. I'm not paying the same amount for an ebook as the paper book cost.

I've watched True Blood, but haven't ready the Sookie Stackhouse series yet, is the series over? (I had waiting...I wait till all the books are released, then read them all)>

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 06-20-10 07:48 AM
In response to raindancer

• raindancer Said:
No, E the series isn't over.. but you should read them anyway.. they're really entertaining.

yeah, but then I have to wait, and not know...i'd rather get them all when dh's goes out of town and read them right through.

plus, there's the whole issue with the library. you'd think someone who works next to a library and passes another one twice a day would return books on time. nope. gotten to the point i think my fee should written off a donation.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to ELynn

I recently finished the "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" series. Wow, awesome series, great characters, super story, loved it! I went to see the movie of the first one-it was okay, I think I only liked it because I had read the book before.

Tagsmom
Diva
Tagsmom
In response to Scrapbook Queen

Hi All!!I so love Janet Evanovich's books!They are awesome!~Patiently waiting for the next in the series "Sizzling Sixteen" comes out on tuesday and i cant wait!!!Love them!!!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Tagsmom

Kris, I also LOVE that series! She cracks me up! If you like that style of writing you should read the Sookie Stackhouse series.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to TraciK

Finished Lies up.

Have Remember Me? Sophie Kinsella to start next.

Kris that is another fun author.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to TraciK

E, I work at the library and turn my books in late some times. LOL

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to Ms Jackie

jci

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ms Jackie

I'm reading the Linda Lael Miller Man From Stone Creek series right now,,,,,delicious

Resident
In response to CommaHolly

TraciK, you will love Remember Me?!! I just finished it last week. Twenties Girl and Undomestic Goddess were good too (although Twenties Girl was the better of the two, imo.) Now I'm starting something by an author I've never read before...Susan Mallery? It's called Accidentally Yours. We'll see.

I LOVE the Janet Evanovich books!! I can't wait until Tuesday! Usually I don't buy books, but I have a Barnes and Noble giftcard I've been saving for this occasion!

ashtonsmommy
Governor
ashtonsmommy
In response to Erin in Okc

I like Jodi Picoult...

I just finished Salem Falls and I am 60 pages into Vanishing Acts.

Summertime is the only time I get to read.

Someone reccommended Wildwood and I liked it. Can't rememeber the author....she has another one I will probably get to read.

I don't buy books....my mom is my library...she goes to a used bookstore to buy them and then passes them to me...i pick what I want because she is retired and has way more reading time than I do!!! I also hit our local Goodwill where I can get books for $2-$3 and then pass them to my mom who gets that $$$ back at the used book store!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ashtonsmommy

I love my used bookstore!!!!! Best thing ever!

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
I love my used bookstore!!!!! Best thing ever!

Have you ever tried paperbackswap.com. Wonderful!!! I love it more than my used bookstore.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 06-20-10 01:53 PM
In response to Scrapbook Queen

• Scrapbook Queen Said:
I recently finished the "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" series. Wow, awesome series, great characters, super story, loved it! I went to see the movie of the first one-it was okay, I think I only liked it because I had read the book before.

ugh. i suffered through that movie. the previews looked good.

I don't enjoy watching rape. i was more than ticked when I found out I wasted my money.

did love the pay back part.

Page 1 of 134 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics