Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

Started on Tethered by Amy MacKinnon

"Clara Marsh is an undertaker who doesn’t believe in God. She spends her solitary life among the dead, preparing their last baths and bidding them farewell with a bouquet from her own garden. Her carefully structured life shifts when she discovers a neglected little girl, Trecie, playing in the funeral parlor, desperate for a friend.

It changes even more when Detective Mike Sullivan starts questioning her again about a body she prepared three years ago, an unidentified girl found murdered in a nearby strip of woods. Unclaimed by family, the community christened her Precious Doe. When Clara and Mike learn Trecie may be involved with the same people who killed Precious Doe, Clara must choose between the stead-fast existence of loneliness and the perils of binding one’s life to another."

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to t-scraps

Jen, does your library use a software called Overdrive for the downloads? I use Nook, not Kindle, but I also have to download to my PC from the library but can then transfer to my Nook with a cable.

T-scraps, sounds like it would give me nightmares, but sounds like a very good book, too!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Karen B

Karen, I just went to my library's e-book section and now they are compatible with Kindle, Nook, etc.! However....the lending period is just 7-14 days with no renewal allowed. I've been reading some books on my Kindle in 7 days or less, but I think the last one took just over 14 days. I don't like the pressure to read fast, but I will defintely have to check into this for shorter reads!

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Luvmyfam

I just read Bark if You Love Me, an autobiography of a woman and her rescued boxer--caught my eye because of the boxer on the cover, we adopted a 2 year old boxer last summer. No life changing truths in it, but an enjoyable easy read.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Karen B

Finished Sh*t My Dad Says. It was funny.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to TraciK

My first grader's class is required to record what they read or was read to them and how many minutes. The minimum requirement is an average of 9 minutes a day, about 270 a month. John read 1213 minutes in March, 1396 if you also count me reading to him! And there were even 4 days I forgot to write down. John says he wants to have a reading contest with me this month, his idea. I fully expect to lose. The loser has to make the winner 5 custom bookmarks. His request? He wants me to make a bookmark with a bunch of superheroes and him all reading books!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Karen B

SOunds like you better get reading. What is your prize if you win?

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Henri Jean

The same as his would be, 5 bookmarks custom made by the person who didn't win.

I tried googling images for superheroes reading and the only good ones I found were of a kid reading while wearing a costume. My son was Superman last Halloween and the costume will still fit. He liked my idea of my making bookmarks with a pic of him as Superman reading and I have a comic book themed digital kit in my stash. So I think I can handle it if I lose, which I'm pretty sure I will.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Karen B

Kindle read: Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to t-scraps

Karen, that is fun!

My son is a freshman in college this year and he misses reading. He says he doesn't have much time. He does read but not near like he used to.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to TraciK

Finished Summoning last night and started Awaking.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to TraciK

Finished Awakening and started The Reckoning. These are easy quick reads about supernaturals.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to TraciK

Finished The Reckoning. I have finished 3 books in 3 days. lol Making up for not reading lately.

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to TraciK

Hey, I am super excited to have found this thread. I am always looking for a good book.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before in this thread as I couldn't read all of it. But, if you have a kindle or nook and facebook, there is a facebook page called pixel of ink that highlights free books throughout the day-probably 15 or so each day. I have discovered some pretty fantastic reads that way. There is also a non-fiction and youth pixel of ink as well.

I am a YA junkie-not even embarassed to admit it. I recently read "Reason to Breathe" by Rebecca Donovan and loved it. There is a sequel coming out May1 (really excited!). It is about a teenager who lives with her abusive aunt. I am currently reading the Pretty Little Liars series which is actually pretty interesting.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to michelley2002

I actually started reading the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. I readit a billion years ago and I am really enjoying reading it again. It really did influence so many things.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

• michelley2002 Said:
Hey, I am super excited to have found this thread. I am always looking for a good book.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before in this thread as I couldn't read all of it. But, if you have a kindle or nook and facebook, there is a facebook page called pixel of ink that highlights free books throughout the day-probably 15 or so each day. I have discovered some pretty fantastic reads that way. There is also a non-fiction and youth pixel of ink as well.

I am a YA junkie-not even embarassed to admit it. I recently read "Reason to Breathe" by Rebecca Donovan and loved it. There is a sequel coming out May1 (really excited!). It is about a teenager who lives with her abusive aunt. I am currently reading the Pretty Little Liars series which is actually pretty interesting.

kotc (kindle on the cheap) is another good facebook page.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

• michelley2002 Said:

Welcome! I read a lot of the YA books also. I will have to check out that Reason to Breathe. I didn't know about the Pixel site. Thanks for sharing that! I have a Nook and several others on here have Nooks or Kindles.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to TraciK

I just checked out that Pixel site and it looks like its for Kindles not Nooks.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
I just checked out that Pixel site and it looks like its for Kindles not Nooks.

Try NookSoul and Cheap e-reads. If you look at their 'likes', you can find facebook pages to other Nook pages.

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to t-scraps

Sorry about the Pixel of Ink not being for nook. They used to show what the nook price was, but I never paid much attention as I have a Kindle.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics