Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to kaybear93

• kaybear93 Said:
  • babigirl Said:
I have to say I am so excited right now I heard yall talking about books on your nooks and kindles and I have an ipd and i searched on the things i have didn't realize they had so many james patterson books for free that's got me so excited. And I was able to get whole series so i could read them in order.

which series were you able to get? I love JP but have to read them in order lol

I have to read series in order too! Who doesn't read them in order? lol

kaybear93
Expert
kaybear93
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
Kathy I use Anobii.

Thats the one I was looking for!! Thank you so much

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to TraciK

Same way - I read all James Patterson's in order and all of Stuart Woods and James Evanvich. Can't stand to start in the middle or read out of order.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Henri Jean

You are welcome!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to TraciK

Finished Pale Demon now on the waiting list for the 10th one. Its for the Nook so hopefully it won't take long.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Erin in Okc

Got Fifty Shades of Grey today! Going to start it here in a little while

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to TraciK

I've started reading Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. It's good, but hard for me to read due the personality and thinking style of the main character. I will probably finish it, but I think I will like the movie more.

My 7 year old and I are having a reading contest this month. He's won the first 2 weeks, but I am 20 minutes ahead for this week. Here's the custom bookmark I made as his prize: http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/1160/view/3 602057/-1...

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Karen B

That is so cute!

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to TraciK

I had a book related find today! My son and I went to an EcoFest today that included a mostly used book sale benefiting our local library and they had nice bookmarks with tassels that I would have expected to be $2 each for only 10 cents! I bought 20 of them. I'm always loosing them and have multiple places in the house and van that I pick up a book to start reading, so I'll put a few in several handy reading spots.

I gave up on Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, but definitely want to see the movie when my library has it available in DVD.

I'm about 15% of the way through Chang and Eng by Darin Strauss, a biography of the conjoined twins for whom the term "Siamese twins" was coined. It's written in the voice of Eng, who read extensively, spoke English very well and was a Temperance advocate. Chang drank, wasn't interested in reading much, never learned to speak English very well, but was funnier and more popular with the public. The two married sisters and fathered a total of 21 children. Fascinating book. The writing is almost poetic.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Erin in Okc

For those that have a Nook check out Free Nook Books etc on facebook. I LOVE it!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to TraciK

Has anyone read Fifty Shades of Grey? Dang its racy!!

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to TraciK

I've not, but happened to notice it's actually a trilogy.

If anyone is considering reading The Hunger Games trilogy or any of the books in it, Amazon has it for Kindle for $15 for the whole trilogy or around $5 for each separate book. I have a Nook, not a Kindle, but still bought it because I haven't seen any of the books secondhand yet and it's about half the price of the paper books or Nook. For that price I'll read it on my PC.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Karen B

Yes, it is a trilogy. I'm almost done with the first one. I'm on the waiting list for the next one.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to TraciK

Still working on my two, Tethered and Summer Rental. Both are good, just been real busy lately.....

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
Has anyone read Fifty Shades of Grey? Dang its racy!!

Racy is being nice!!

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to ScrappyHeather

I am reading the Fifty Shades trilogy too. OMG! :JAW DROPPING:

I recently read The Hunger Games trilogy. I am actually in the middle of a 6 book series by Alyson Noël called The Immortals. They are good easy reads.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

I'm on hold for the second one to Fifty Shades of Grey, can't remember the name.

Not reading anything right now. Been sick.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to TraciK

It's Fifty Shades Darker. You won't want to eat of sleep!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

LOL why? Because I wont be able to put it down? Or its gross?

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to TraciK

I am so excited! I checked my e mail and I have won another book on goodreads.com's giveaway! It is finally paying off to enter for everyone of the books I want to read. This time I won: Calling Invisible Women: A Novel
by Jeanne Ray. Any of you heard of it? If you have, please don't spoil it for me, but tell me if you liked it or not.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics