Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to scrappy_day

I know what the series is about, didn't know she was a virgin though. It was more of the writing style that irritated me enough not to bother with the series.

scrappy_day
Expert
scrappy_day
In response to pugs223

I honestly didn't care for the writing style either. Geez, I thought I was the only one who didn't like the book! Thanks for giving me company!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

Happy to return the favor. I thought I was the only one too

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to pugs223

a month or 2 back, I was just about to jump on the "50 shades of gray" bandwagon when the backlash started and people started discussing how poorly written the books were. So I never read it.

There also was the revelation...
The Fifty Shades trilogy was Twilight fan fiction originally titled Master of the Universe and published episodically on fan-fiction websites. The featured characters are based on Twilight's Edward Cullen and Bella Swan.

scrappy_day
Expert
scrappy_day
In response to Gelidy Gelato

At least I got the book from the library so I wasn't out any money.
Wow - I didn't know that about the Twilight thing! Interesting!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I read all of the books in the Cut Crop and Die series. Some were better than others to me. I liked the 2nd one the least. I enjoyed the last one the most and if left me really wanting to grab the next one when it is published.

I haven't checked out the 50 shades series. Just have too much other reading in books and on my Kindle that I'm not getting to.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Henri Jean

Henri - book 2 is what I started with, so I guess I can start the series now since I thought it was ok. Or maybe I'll just start at book 3...is book 1 about her husband's misfortunate event?

I once read the "Heaven" series by V.C. Andrews totally out of order. I don't know how that happened but I wasn't lost and it didn't ruin the series for me at all.

I still have to finish the Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings series, and still need to get the last book for the Eragon series.

Did I mention I also never read any of the Twilight books?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

I'm through with them Peg - tell me where to send them and I'll ship them off to you in the next couple days.

It is better to read the first becuase they build on it. Some of the later stuff makes more sense if you read them in order - relationships develop.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Henri Jean

Just saw on the news that Judy Blume has breast cancer

Hope she'll be ok

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to madmatter

I saw that yesterday, Mad. My DS (4th grade) just brought home "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" so I started reading it.

I remember my grade school teacher reading the Fudge books to us.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

"Sisterhood of the Traveling Scrap-n-Craft Mystery Books"

Henri has generously offered to send me the Joanna Campbell Slan scrap-n-craft mystery books. Since she doesn't want them back, I thought it would be fun to make it a traveling collection for us crafty book lovers.

Who would like them when I'm done?

scrappy_day
Expert
scrappy_day
In response to pugs223

That is a great idea!! I actually already read them. I thought they were pretty cute. Kind of an easy read.
I love the idea though!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

I read the first 50 shades of grey. Just thought it was ok. The writing wasn't all that great. But, I still enjoyed it. There were parts that I was like wth though.

I haven't started the second one yet but have it downloaded from the library. I think I keep reading because of all the hype.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to TraciK

I am currently reading The Hunger Games the first book. I really like it just haven't been able to do alot of reading with the headaches

Diva

Reading a School Psychology book for a conference that I have to give at my father's church this coming Saturday!!!!!!!

scrappy_day
Expert
scrappy_day
In response to bayamonesa1

Oh Babigirl, I loved The Hunger Games! I hope your headaches go away soon! Those are never fun!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Thanks Scrappy Day. You are right they are no fun

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

"Sisterhood of the Traveling Scrap-n-Craft Mystery Books"

Henri has generously offered to send me the Joanna Campbell Slan scrap-n-craft mystery books. Since she doesn't want them back, I thought it would be fun to make it a traveling collection for us crafty book lovers.

Who would like them when I'm done?

I would love to take part and read the books and then send them on to someone else. pm me if you want me to send a shipping address.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to bears99

I was going to take the books next, but dang I have a hard time seeing real books any more. So, much easier for me to read on my Nook. But, I love that you are doing this!

Edited by TraciK on 09-10-12 05:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to TraciK

Just love, love, love it when books on my TBR list go on sale for the Kindle. Just downloaded The House of Velvet and Glass and The Witches of East End for $3.99 each!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics