Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to I scrap

• I scrap Said:
I'm reading Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison. Very haunting.

I read this a while back.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:
  • Gelidy Gelato Said:
  • TraciK Said:
Downloaded Gone Girl yesterday. I haven't had a chance to start it yet. Working is sooo tiring!! lol

Tracy, I am reading Gone Girl too. I really like it so far but I didn't like the Amazon price.

I also finished Cleopatra A Life Story.
I enjoyed it but boy did I need a dictionary to get through it! I was so happy to see others had the same complaint as well as it being a little "school text bookish" at times. I would recommend it IF you like that sort of thing...non-fiction, biography, history.

Me three on Gone Girl! Getting close to halfway... enjoying it, but just not much time to read. I got my copy from paperbackswap.com. That's where I get most of my books.

I am about half way also. I started working 2 weeks ago and just haven't had much time to read. I may not be able to finish it before it has to go back to the library. UGH

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Erin in Okc

I finished Gone Girl today at lunch. It was good. I do wish it had ended different though.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to TraciK

Joe Hill's (Stephen King's son) book, Horns, is being turned into a movie. Daniel Radcliffe is playing the main character. Can't wait!!!

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to t-scraps

I read a super nice dog book tonight, Pups in Tea Cups: Tales of "Littleness" overcoming BIG odds by Carolyn McCray. Lots of aaawwwwww moments, and I'm not even a little dog person (I like sturdy dogs and we have a 60 pound boxer). I smiled the whole way through. Currently FREE for Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006GROLTM/?tag=af bm-20

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Karen B

Karen -
I clicked on the Amazon link and that cover is sooo cute! Makes me want to read it!
Plus it's free!

But I have a hard time when I see, hear, or read anything that includes any kind of animal abuse, or homeless animals, or the death of an animal...
I had a hard time watching "Marley and Me"!!

So I am going to have to read the reviews to see if I can handle this book...

Edited by Doreena on 11-08-12 11:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Doreena

A few of the stories had animals that had had been ill, strays, or abused, or new pets that were chosen after another had passed away, but every one of the stories had a happy ending. Read it!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Karen B

Okay you convinced me!
But if I don't like it, you owe $0.00!!!
Hahahaha!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Doreena

I downloaded it too. Free is right up my alley.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
I finished Gone Girl today at lunch. It was good. I do wish it had ended different though.

I finished it too and thought the same thing. I couldn't help but think it was left a little open-ended so she writes can write a Gone Girl sequel.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
I downloaded it too. Free is right up my alley.

Yup - free is always good!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Doreena

I just started reading Hitmail Dot Com by Russell Turney. So far, it is weird! It is a different genre than what I usually read.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
  • TraciK Said:

I finished it too and thought the same thing. I couldn't help but think it was left a little open-ended so she writes can write a Gone Girl sequel.

That's what I think too!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
  • TraciK Said:

Not quite done with it, but it is getting very interesting!!!! I'm in the Boy Meets Girl section.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to t-scraps

Finished Lady Deception. It was ok. A free one from B&N

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to TraciK

Finished up Gone Girl. Loved it! Started on Girls In White Dresses by Jennifer Close.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to t-scraps

Started Heaven and Hell last night.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to TraciK

For anyone who read Cinder by Marissa Meyer after I recommended it several months ago (dystopian, cyborg Cinderella), the first 5 chapters of the next book in the series, Scarlet, are available as a free sample download for Kindle http://www.amazon.com/Scarlet-Chapters-1-5- ebook/dp/B00... or Nook http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/scarlet-marissa-mey er/1... . The whole book won't be released until February 5.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Karen B

Recently finished 2 books:

"When it Happens to you" - Good story, crappy ending!
http://www.amazon.com/When-Happens-You-Stor ies-ebook/dp...

"Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and Other Concerns)" - This is the 2nd time I've read this and both times I enjoyed it. Mindy reminds me of a best girlfriend. I like to hear her funny stories about life.
http://www.amazon.com/Everyone-Hanging-With out-Other-Co...

I'm now reading "Gone Girl" thanks to you guys! LOL!

Edited by Doreena on 11-29-12 01:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Erin in Okc

Just checking in on you ladies. I am still reading Heaven and Hell. Dang that book will really make you think! I have been so busy lately, not a lot of time to read.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics