Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to TraciK

Hey Traci!
Me either!
But I squeeze in a few pages of "Gone Girl" here and there...I like that I can read it on my phone as well as my Kindle!

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Doreena

I'm on a Christmas book kick:

The Christmas Dog by Melody Carlson (nice, but improbable)
Christmas at Harrington's by Melody Carlson (nice)
A Lancaster County Christmas by Suzanne Woods Fisher (the main character was pretty unlikable in the beginning and an illegal technical detail in the beginning bugged the stuffing out of me, but good ending)

I'd say the 3 above were all good, but not totally awesome.

I'm now almost halfway through Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Karen B

Now where did I leave off…
I read Gonegirl – very good. I highly recommend it. The author really has some great insights into the various personalities. Either she has firsthand knowledge or did a lot of research. It really reads like someone who has actually experienced these various personality types and has interacted with them through a stressful situation. (Not like an author who is making up characters and is just guessing how they will act.)

Then I read “Speaker for the Dead”, a sci-fiction book by Orson Scott Card. Also very good if you like sci fiction. This is a book (in my opinion) that actually met and surpassed the “hype” surrounding it. (It is up there in the list of the greatest sci-fictions books every written.)

Currently I am reading, The Angel Experiment: A Maximum Ride Novel (Book 1). I had no idea what this book was about and just dove in. I know how I have been saying how reading books blindly is a bad idea, but I continue to do it. Surprisingly I am really enjoying this book. It’s a double surprise because I am a little sick of this main character/format type (I am trying not to give away any spoilers). I also never thought I would enjoy the “angle” of this book. (Which is funny because my Kindle pronounces “angel” as “angle”.)

On a side note, I am reading this wide cross sections of books because someone gave me 1,000 e-books. I have had no problems reading on the Kindle (after I load them onto the Kindle) but amazon limits what you can do with non-amazon books. So I can’t read them in the Kindle app on my iphone & ipad.
So I figured out how to convert the files so I can load them on my iphone & ipad using ibooks. So now I sometimes have my kindle read to me and read along on my ipad. a little something to mix things up. If anyone wants details on how to convert books for use in ibooks just pm me.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I read the Maximum Ride series. I liked it.

I will have to get Gone Girl to read next. Might have to be after Christmas though!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to TraciK

I am currently reading the last Hunger Games have about 100 more pages to go but i left my tablet at home and i have drill go figure

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Gone girl also sounds like a book to read as if i don't have enough downloaded on my tablet to get through

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to babigirl

You can never have too many books...right?! That's my motto!

And now that we all have e-readers w/ unlimited space that's even more true! No more storage issues!

Edited by Doreena on 12-08-12 09:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Doreena

Well when you look at it that way i will have to agree

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to babigirl

Yay I like it when people agree w/ me... it's my favorite! LOL!

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Doreena

I agree, too. I never run out of books to read on my tablet, and most are free or really, really cheap.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Karen B

I will never catch up with all I have to read on my Kindle. Never.

Some are best selling authors - this year and last year and they were expensive but the only time I read anymore is when we travel.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Henri Jean

If you download the app 10000 free books it has some nice books on there for free.

Most of james patterson all of the hunger games all of the fifty shades the shopaholic boooks and many more

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to babigirl

Ooohhhh thanks for the tip!

Edited by Doreena on 12-08-12 02:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

I've been paying a lot for James Patterson books.

Is this for Kindle?

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Henri Jean

Dang! I have the NOOK

scrappy_day
Expert
scrappy_day
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
Dang! I have the NOOK

Me too.
I started reading Merry Christmas Alex Cross. It is pretty good so far. Did any one see the movie Alex Cross? Did you like it?

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to scrappy_day

I have not seen it

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to TraciK

Really enjoying "Gone Girl"!
I have just started Part Two.
Thanks for talking about it so much that you made me want to read it!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Doreena

Still working on Carry the One. Almost done, but it's not a book I would recommend. I have this issue with having to finish a book once I've started it even if I find it uninteresting. It sounded like it was going to be great read, but I have been disappointed in the story.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to t-scraps

I haven't read all week. I have been watching the first season of American Horror Story. That show is creepy!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics