Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to TraciK

Finished The Angel Experiment: A Maximum Ride Novel (Book 1). I liked it! and it was a fast read. Thnk I am going to have to start Book 2 in the series.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
I haven't read all week. I have been watching the first season of American Horror Story. That show is creepy!!

ME TOO! It is so good!!!!! I'm also watching the second season of The Walking Dead. Have you seen those?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to scrappy_day

• scrappy_day Said:
  • TraciK Said:
Dang! I have the NOOK

Me too.
I started reading Merry Christmas Alex Cross. It is pretty good so far. Did any one see the movie Alex Cross? Did you like it?

Its on my tablet so it may be an android app i am not sure. I did see the movie and i liked it thought it was very good. Made me cry though what can i say i am a big baby

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
I haven't read all week. I have been watching the first season of American Horror Story. That show is creepy!!

Very creepy but i love it. I haven't been to read much because we are moving sat been busy with that

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:
  • TraciK Said:

ME TOO! It is so good!!!!! I'm also watching the second season of The Walking Dead. Have you seen those?

Been watching that to

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to babigirl

Just started The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling (it's not a YA book) ... I got it for Chanukah

I'll let you know what I think as I get further into it

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to madmatter

Yes! Please do!
I want to read it but I'm a little leery.
I loved the Harry Potter books so much, I'm afraid this one may dissapoint me!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Just finished Gone Girl and I liked the ending!
I mean it wasn't perfect and probably could have been a bit better but it certainly wasn't as bad as everybody was making it out to be!
Good book!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to t-scraps

Yes, I love Walking Dead!! I started on the second seasonof American Horror Story and it isn't as good as the first.

• t-scraps Said:
  • TraciK Said:

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to babigirl

Good luck with your move!

• babigirl Said:
  • TraciK Said:

Very creepy but i love it. I haven't been to read much because we are moving sat been busy with that

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
Just started The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling (it's not a YA book) ... I got it for Chanukah

I'll let you know what I think as I get further into it

This book was on the "1,000 free E-books" app and I started it yesterday...so far I hate it! I find it very boring!

Edited by Doreena on 12-18-12 08:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

litlplace
Resident
litlplace
In response to Doreena

I have a question. Nook has a free "Nook for pc" program. Does anyone know if there is something similar for kindle? I have done some checking, and don't see anything for a pc, only for an app for an android phone (which I also don't have). I already have a nook, but would like to have access to kindle books too and really don't have the cash available right now to buy another e-reader. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to litlplace

Kindle Cloud Reader. You read in a browser. Choose your operating system right under the big picture at the top. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=sa_menu_karl3...

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Karen B

Also, http://www.pixelofink.com/ has links posted several times a day to free and reduced Kindle books. If you would like Christian books, they have a separate listing, I think entitled Inspired Reads and there's a link on there somewhere.

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page has tons of free books for many kinds of formats. Most are old classics that are out of copyright.

New Kid On the Block
In response to TraciK

I just started reading the Game of Thrones series. Some really interesting stuff so far.

litlplace
Resident
litlplace
In response to Karen B

Thanks so much Karen! Going to download it now then off to check out the other links.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to litlplace

UGH Just no time to read!! We are in the process of selling our house and building another house and with work its just been crazy lately. Hopefully come Feb when house is sold and we are moved in new house I will have more time. I miss reading! I have taken my nook everyday to work to read at lunch but seems like there is always so much going on at lunch that I can't/don't read.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to TraciK

Oh Tracey - your life sounds exciting! Your new house is almost ready. Did you get a good contract on your current house? Sounds like maybe you did and I'm hoping for you that all goes well!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Henri Jean

Henri, we just had a offer on our house so hopefully next week getting an appraisal. I sure hope it appraises for enough and it all goes through! If the sell does goes through we will be able to afford to have a pool put in!! I'm more excited about that than anything! lol Our builder says the new house should be done at the end of January. Although I am thinking it is going to take longer. They just got the cabinets in. There is so much still to be done. But, I also do know when they get in and work things do go fast. So, we will see. We haven't locked into a rate yet on the new house. But,I am going to call this week for that. Its been right around 3.7 for a while now. I was waiting, hoping it would go down a little more.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to TraciK

If they are working on cabinets they will finish quickly. It may not look like it to you but most of the steps now are pretty quick and not hampered by bad weather.

Sounds like they can easily be finished by the end of January.

Contgratlations on the contract! How exciting!

THere are a few lenders out there who offer one free float down. Its hard to find ones that do but what it means is that if the interest rate drops after you lock in, they let you drop with the lower interest rate one time.

That may help you if you can find someone who will give you one free float down.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics