Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Henri Jean

well we got locked in at 3.125!! I'm so happy with that!! Also, talked to builder today and he said he needs a little longer. UGH So, probably the middle of Feb now. We went by the house today and they aren't working!! They take too many days off for the holidays!! That is what is making him behind on his schedule.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to TraciK

Back to books.....lol I am reading something but can't remember the name of it right now. But, I barely have time to read lately!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to TraciK

Over the years I sold homes and worked in subdivisions for 28 builders in Georgia. WInter was always behind because all the contractors and builders went hunting. When hunting season was open houses were built very slowly.

My builders would always go crazy in the winter because they couldn't get anyone to work.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Henri Jean

LOL, that could so be it here too. Lots of hunters around here!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to TraciK

Finished up School's Out - Forever, 2nd book in the Maximum Ride series.

Now I am switching to Jack Reacher Killing Floor.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Kindle Read: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

What was your Best and Worst Reads for 2012?

Best: Gone Girl
Worst: Girls in White Dresses (the most pointless book I've ever read)

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to t-scraps

I'm not sure which one was the best but I did really like Gone Girl.

There were a couple of books that I started then stopped because I didn't like them but don't remember the names.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to TraciK

My favorite of the year is still Cinder by Marissa Meyer (dystopian cyborg Cinderella I've mentioned a zillion times, book 2 of the series releases Feb. 5!!!)

I'm not sure what the worst would be. There were a few I didn't like and quit shortly after starting them.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Karen B

I'm about 1/2 way through Carrots by Colleen Helme. It's a quirky, easy read about a woman who gains the ability to read minds after a minor injury in a shooting. I'd rate it 4 out of 5 stars. No deep truths so far, but an enjoyable read.

LisaLoves2ScrapNRead
Idol
LisaLoves2ScrapNRead
In response to Karen B

I am reading Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. Looking forward to the movie that is coming soon.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to LisaLoves2ScrapNRead

I'm still reading Waterfall. It kind of reminds me of Outlander but a YA verison. Its ok so for.

Speaking of Outlander the next one should be coming out fall of 2013. I can't wait! I miss Jamie! lol

litlplace
Resident
litlplace
In response to TraciK

OMG, I love the Outlander series! Count me in the "I can't wait for the next Outlander book" camp. What do you think of the Lord John stories?

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to litlplace

I haven't read them. Have you?

I LOVE me some Jamie!! lol

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to TraciK

I just finished Waterfall, the next one is Cascade trying to find it for free.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to t-scraps

Does anyone know where I can get free downloads for the Nook? I did a search and found some but don't want to get a virus. Thanks!

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to TraciK

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page for out of copyright books.

Nook Free Fridays http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/The-NOOK-Blog/bg... It's only one book a week, though. I haven't found anything nearly as good for Nook as pixelofink.com is for Kindle. However, before we got tablets, I did start checking to see if listings on pixelofink.com were also free for Nook. Sometimes they are.

litlplace
Resident
litlplace
In response to TraciK

I've read a few of them, and they are right now in the process of releasing a few more Lord John ebooks. I always liked the Lord John character, so I have enjoyed the ones I have read but not as much as Outlander. They do give me some new Diana Gabaldon to read while waiting for a new Outlander to come out though!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to litlplace

Finally finished Carry The One by Carol Anshaw. It was just... mehh. It sounded really good by the jacket, a car accident where a little girl is hit and killed and it follows the lives of the individuals involved and how it effected them, but these folks were severely dysfunctional to begin with. Wouldn't recommend it.

Going to start on Roses by Leila Meachem. "Spanning the 20th century, the story of Roses takes place in a small East Texas town against the backdrop of the powerful timber and cotton industries, industries controlled by the scions of the town's founding families. Cotton tycoon Mary Toliver and timber magnate Percy Warwick should have married but unwisely did not, and now must deal with the deceit, secrets, and tragedies of their choice and the loss of what might have been--not just for themselves but for their children, and children's children. With expert, unabashed, big-canvas storytelling, Roses covers a hundred years, three generations of Texans and the explosive combination of passion for work and longing for love."

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Karen B

I do know about those but will check that pixie one out. Thanks!!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to litlplace

• litlplace Said:
I've read a few of them, and they are right now in the process of releasing a few more Lord John ebooks. I always liked the Lord John character, so I have enjoyed the ones I have read but not as much as Outlander. They do give me some new Diana Gabaldon to read while waiting for a new Outlander to come out though!

I was talking about Outlander today with a co worker and was getting so excited. lol

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics