Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to TraciK

It's pixEL not pixIE. http://pixelofink.com/

• TraciK Said:
I do know about those but will check that pixie one out. Thanks!!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Karen B

One site that I like better than Pixel of Ink is Kindle on The Cheap (KoTC). Received notification from them on lots of books that went on sale that were on my TBR list.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to t-scraps

Free Nook books. Not as many as Pixel of Ink, but some....

http://www.facebook.com/FreeNookBooksEtc

litlplace
Resident
litlplace
In response to TraciK

This conversation is making me want to start reading the whole series again. Maybe not a bad idea... then I'll be ready for the new book when it comes out this fall.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to litlplace

Thanks, Megan and T-Scraps! I'll check those out!

Expert
In response to Karen B

I just started reading the Maxium Ride series from James Patterson. I'm on the first book and so far I like it.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Karen B

• Karen B Said:
It's pixEL not pixIE. http://pixelofink.com/

• TraciK Said:
I do know about those but will check that pixie one out. Thanks!!

LOL, thanks!!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
Free Nook books. Not as many as Pixel of Ink, but some....

http://www.facebook.com/FreeNookBooksEtc

I'm a member to this already! I love it! Thanks!!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to scrappy_day

• scrappy_day Said:
I just started reading the Maxium Ride series from James Patterson. I'm on the first book and so far I like it.

I am on book 3. It's a fun series. A little repetitive at times but I am enjoying it.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I got Cascade in today from the library. I'm reduced to reading a real book. lol

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to TraciK

I'm reading The Dog Next Door: And Other Stories of the Dogs We Love by Callie Smith Grant. Short stories of dogs and how they've affected their families' lives. Very good and each dog's story is only a few pages so it's good for short bits of time. I picked it up when the Kindle edition was free last month and just started it a few days ago.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Karen B

Just finished December's Thorn by Phillip DePoy and have to say I have found a new (to me) author who I love! His book kept me guessing until the end and then blew me away with the ending. Plan on going back and reading all of his books, especially the ones with Fever Devilin as the main character.
I am getting set to read Nano by Robin Cook, another of my favorite writers.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to ELynn

I finished up the 3rd Maximum Ride book and I enjoyed it probablly because I wasn't expecting much. I read a review that referred to the series a "junk food" for the brain and I would have to agree. But you know what? sometimes you just enjoy a little junk food.
SPOILER about author

New Kid On the Block
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I recently read The Cedar Cove Series #2-#6 by Debbie Macomber. Light romance, fluffy, predictable reads. I got tired of all the women basing their identities around whether a man would or would not want them. Each book does A LOT of recap of the previous one, so they are very quick to read.

I'm curious to see how it ends, so I'll read the rest of the series and skip the boring parts.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to I scrap

Finished Cascade last night, waiting on the library to call me for the next one.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to TraciK

I didn't like The Dog Next Door: And Other Stories of the Dogs We Love as much as the other books of short dog stories I've read lately. Too many backyard breeders and sad endings.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to I scrap

• I scrap Said:
I recently read The Cedar Cove Series #2-#6 by Debbie Macomber. Light romance, fluffy, predictable reads. I got tired of all the women basing their identities around whether a man would or would not want them. Each book does A LOT of recap of the previous one, so they are very quick to read.

I'm curious to see how it ends, so I'll read the rest of the series and skip the boring parts.

I have these on my list to read. I will get to them one day! Too many books to read and not enough time. lol

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to TraciK

Downloaded Pango Pango Tango on my Kindle today. Looked interesting and is set in Pango Pango - a place we love. Looks like a good murder mystery. I think it is $1.88 or $1.89 today through Amazon.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Henri Jean

Finished Torrent. Still reading Charlotte Fig.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to TraciK

Henri, we signed the papers on our house yesterday!! What a weight lifted off our shoulders! And thank goodness he is letting us fent from him for a month until the new house is done, so we don't have to move twice!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics