Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
Henri, we signed the papers on our house yesterday!! What a weight lifted off our shoulders! And thank goodness he is letting us fent from him for a month until the new house is done, so we don't have to move twice!

Congrads!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Just finished reading Nano by Robin Cook. Another great medical thriller with an ending I never dreamed was coming!
Getting ready to start Getting Out of Bed in the Morning by Alice J. Wisler. I won it on goodreads.com.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to 2xblessed

Congratulations, Traci!

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Karen B

I read Jenni James' Beauty and the Beast (young adult book) in about a day. I enjoyed it very much as Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale and I like comparing different versions. In this one he becomes a wolf at night and she's not his prisoner. I'd rate it 4 out of 5 stars. I downloaded it when it was free and it's now $2.99, but I wouldn't pay more because it is fairly short.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Karen B

I just finished Heaven Preserve Us: A Home Crafting Mystery by Cricket McRae. Thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm not typically a mystery reader, especially not murder mysteries, but this was very good, not extremely gruesome, kept me guessing until right at the end, interesting and varied characters, and I enjoyed the home crafting theme. I just looked and our public library has a bunch of her books! Yay! I got this one for free and most are around $10 on Kindle.

If someone would like to borrow the Kindle file, please message me here. I've never loaned Kindle books before, but it's loanable.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to TraciK

That is so awesome Traci! When you mentioned last year that you were so concerned about moving twice I mentioned that you might find a buyer that would let you do a rent back. That is awesome that you were able to!

Make sure you get renter's insurance. Once the house closes your homeowners insurance no longer works for you. If there is a major disaster like a fire their insurance will not cover your belongings, or I've never found an insurance company who covers items for non-owners items. Even for a theft the new owners insurance may not cover you.

So get renter's insurance and you are good to go!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Henri Jean

THanks everyone!! Yes, Henri, we switched the insurance over. USAA rocks!!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to TraciK

I ended up reading the 3rd Maximum Ride book.

I finally switched to Killing Floor ist book in the Jack Reacher series. Can I just say I am LOVING this book. I can see myself reading the whole series. After way to many "young adult" books I finally feel like I am using my brain cells again.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Erin in Okc

Started Delver Magic today

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to TraciK

We have USAA on all our vehicles but they won't cover our home in Florida with the pool. We tried.

miss becky
Idol
miss becky

Started reading West of here - Jonathan Evison, fifth book of the year.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

• Henri Jean Said:
We have USAA on all our vehicles but they won't cover our home in Florida with the pool. We tried.

Oh, Dang! I didn't even think of that. So, who do y'all use for that?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to TraciK

We are using Allstate I think. USAA turned us down because of the pool even though we removed the diving board.

Just checked and our homeowners is with Nationwide. Don't know if pools are a problem with everywhere with USAA and pools or just Florida.

Great auto coverage with them!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

ok, thanks!!

Expert
In response to TraciK

I downloaded a book called Cropped to Death - I think a newer author about a scrapbook mystery. I'm about 30 pages in and it's pretty good!

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to scrappy_day

I'm in book 3 of Judy Christie's Green series. Very enjoyable series about a woman from a big city newspaper who inherits a small town paper. Lots of interesting characters. Love the news clips that would only happen in a small town.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Karen B

I'm reading Delver Magic the first one.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
Started Delver Magic today

I tried and tried but just can't get into this book. Moving on to How to Kill a Demon in 10 Days

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to TraciK

Ok, I am posting this for a friend on another thread in case she is too busy or shy to ask.
Since I am a big mouth I will ask for her.
There is a book coming out soon about a girl who uses an old Girl Scout manual to help her get through her problems. My friend doesn't know the author or title. Anyone have any idea what book she is talking about?

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to 2xblessed

I do not....sorry

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics