Page 2 of 134 
Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 06-20-10 01:54 PM
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
E, I work at the library and turn my books in late some times. LOL

that's just sad

but kinda like I work in a bank yet it took me two month to deposit the state refund check.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ms Jackie

• MsJackie akaStarbucks Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
I love my used bookstore!!!!! Best thing ever!

Have you ever tried paperbackswap.com. Wonderful!!! I love it more than my used bookstore.

No, I haven't, only because when I am in the mood to read a book, I want to do it NOW no patience,,,,but my sister uses it, and she loves it,,,

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 06-20-10 02:24 PM
In response to Ms Jackie

Wow this new theread has had a lot of posts. Somebody reads to much.

I'm rereading mammoth hunters. Why? Because right now I'm into pain.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to Obi

jci

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
  • beccaboo3 Said:
I'm reading Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris! I needed another series to get hooked on!

Is that the Sookie Stackhouse series? I LOVED those books!

No it's not in the Sookie Stackhouse series, but I have read all of those and I LOVE them! This book is the first in the Harper Connelly series! I don't like it as much as the Sookie Stackhouse books, but it's still good so far!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-20-10 04:09 PM
In response to TraciK

• TraciK Said:
Ok, so since the other thread is up to get deleted here is our new book thread!

I am almost done with Lies. Its a pretty good series. Very easy YA reads.

what did I miss?! why is is getting deleted??

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 06-20-10 04:14 PM
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
  • TraciK Said:
Ok, so since the other thread is up to get deleted here is our new book thread!

I am almost done with Lies. Its a pretty good series. Very easy YA reads.

what did I miss?! why is is getting deleted??

The original poster of the other thread has requested that the other thread be deleted; just because.

The regulars here and irregulars. Decided it's just easier to skip the llama drama and start a new thread.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-20-10 04:18 PM
In response to Obi

sounds good to me

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 06-20-10 04:22 PM
In response to Huskymom

no such think as reading too much.

Resident
In response to CommaHolly

Mine is weird. The used bookstore, I mean. Their policies aren't posted, and I don't understand them when she explains them to me. Something about the way you trade in books is strange to me. All of the chick lit books are more expensive, which I get. ANd something about their trade value being higher. But I went in there one time with $15 store credit and chose 5 books that should have totaled a little more than $12. She added them up and said, "That'll be $2" and some change. I sighed, again feeling in the dark, and gave her the money. SHe gave me my change and said, "You have $2 balance left in store credit." I wanted to say, "What??" but I just took my change and left. I obviously just don't get it!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 06-20-10 04:33 PM
In response to Erin in Okc

Second hand book store owners are notorious for not using up all the store credit changing balances etc. I would have argued the point.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Obi

The local used bookstore here bases credit on genre type. So if you have $15 credit from returning romance novels that credit is only good for purchasing romance novels.

I personally am a fan of 2 local annual book sales. I always walk out with more than enough books for the next year. And at 50 cents for paperbacks and only $2 to fill a whole bag on the last day of the sale I cannot beat the price.

Library ladies with late charges: our library gives you a little print out like an adding machine tape. I post this right on my fridge so I see it each time I open the door. It's a constant reminder to return my books.

All that said I'm just about to start Dead to the World (book 4 in the Sookie Stackhouse series). Love these books. Even with taking classes at college this summer I have managed to read 3 of these books (and watch seasons 1 and 2 of True Blood)in the past five weeks. All while keeping up with homework.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 06-20-10 05:01 PM
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I used to go to our annual library sale every march. I got some great books there.

The last one not so great it was an Australian murder mystery. And it was terrible.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to Obi

Just finished Skin Trade by Laurell Hamilton... just one more left in the Anita Blake series. I'm heading over to the bookstore tomorrow!

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3

• hotroding scrapbooker Said:
The local used bookstore here bases credit on genre type. So if you have $15 credit from returning romance novels that credit is only good for purchasing romance novels.

I personally am a fan of 2 local annual book sales. I always walk out with more than enough books for the next year. And at 50 cents for paperbacks and only $2 to fill a whole bag on the last day of the sale I cannot beat the price.

Library ladies with late charges: our library gives you a little print out like an adding machine tape. I post this right on my fridge so I see it each time I open the door. It's a constant reminder to return my books.

All that said I'm just about to start Dead to the World (book 4 in the Sookie Stackhouse series). Love these books. Even with taking classes at college this summer I have managed to read 3 of these books (and watch seasons 1 and 2 of True Blood)in the past five weeks. All while keeping up with homework.

book 4 was my favorite! if you like eric you'll LOVE it!!!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Erin in Okc

• Erin in Okc Said:
TraciK, you will love Remember Me?!! I just finished it last week. Twenties Girl and Undomestic Goddess were good too (although Twenties Girl was the better of the two, imo.) Now I'm starting something by an author I've never read before...Susan Mallery? It's called Accidentally Yours. We'll see.

I LOVE the Janet Evanovich books!! I can't wait until Tuesday! Usually I don't buy books, but I have a Barnes and Noble giftcard I've been saving for this occasion!

I am loving it! I read the Twenties Girl, it was good. Oh, I didn't know the new one was coming out so soon! I will have to put it on hold at the library.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 06-20-10 05:15 PM

doesn't work. i'll keep them in my car, at my desk whatever. i work next to a library and pass one on my way to/from work. still end up with late fees.

never did growing up or before I was working. The kids' books were never late, we had the receipt on the fridge, day before we went it was round up time. but we went weekly for storytime sometimes twice a week. once a book ended up on the girl's bookcase in her room, i picked it up with the others and put it there. took awhile to find that one. only found once we went through every book in the house. the receipt is great-gives us a list of all of the book titles.

the library's here (different parish) print one per book, other parish gave us one receipt.

I miss the days of going to the bookfair with a blank check in hand. sigh. good days.

Edited by EeyoreLynn on 06-20-10 05:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to ashtonsmommy

• ashtonsmommy Said:
I like Jodi Picoult...

I just finished Salem Falls and I am 60 pages into Vanishing Acts.

Summertime is the only time I get to read.

Someone reccommended Wildwood and I liked it. Can't rememeber the author....she has another one I will probably get to read.

I don't buy books....my mom is my library...she goes to a used bookstore to buy them and then passes them to me...i pick what I want because she is retired and has way more reading time than I do!!! I also hit our local Goodwill where I can get books for $2-$3 and then pass them to my mom who gets that $$$ back at the used book store!

Wendy, that sounds like a good system to me. I mostly get mine from the library but sometimes get them from garage sales. But, I haven't been to a garage sale in forever.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

I sometimes use that paper for my book mark. Then I see it. But, a friend made me a book mark 5 years ago and I really like to use it also.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to ELynn

I am leaving for Fl tomorrow so will not be on for a week. Happy Reading all!!

Page 2 of 134 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics