Page 3 of 134 
Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
Resident
In response to TraciK

My system of getting books returned on time is that I am always reserving books. I usually go to the library once every week or so, and the library I go to has three week checkouts. So, when I go I pile up all of the books I checked out last time and turn them in when I'm picking up my reserved books. Otherwise I'd put it off until they were late. BUt I'm always eager to see the books they reserved for me, so I move on it faster than I would otherwise.

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to TraciK

i'm considering picking up Anna Karenina again. i made it a third of the way through last year and had to put it down. the print is so tiny it's hard to read! i recently saw the movie tho and now i feel like i need to finish it!

Resident
In response to Erin in Okc

Have fun in FL Traci!

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to Erin in Okc

FL is fun! have a great time!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 06-20-10 05:29 PM
In response to beccaboo3

• beccaboo3 Said:
i'm considering picking up Anna Karenina again. i made it a third of the way through last year and had to put it down. the print is so tiny it's hard to read! i recently saw the movie tho and now i feel like i need to finish it!

I read it, saw a TV adaptation and realised I hadn't as much read the book as stared at the text.

Good luck.

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to Obi

Edited by beccaboo3 on 06-20-10 05:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to Obi

• obsidian Said:
  • beccaboo3 Said:

I read it, saw a TV adaptation and realised I hadn't as much read the book as stared at the text.

Good luck.

i feel like thats what i was doing last time....just staring at the words as the tiny tiny print blurred together. maybe i'll read another third of it and put it away for another year before i finish it!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

• hotroding scrapbooker Said:
The local used bookstore here bases credit on genre type. So if you have $15 credit from returning romance novels that credit is only good for purchasing romance novels.

BINGO,,,,mine does this too, and it's the one thing that makes me insane,,,,

and with the paranormal books, you CAN NOT BUY ONE if you do not BRING ONE IN to return to them,,,

good thing I am not into the vampires, because I like to keep my books,,,

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 06-20-10 05:47 PM
In response to CommaHolly

I used to just sell books get the cash and get out.
It was easier than dealing with credit.

I was only $1 a book unless the book was amazing. But I always bought my books cheap so it didn't matter.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to TraciK

Have fun in FL Traci

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ms Jackie

Traci is coming to florida???/

be prepared it's HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.My friend from michigan just called it a furnace

RaquelEG
Veteran
RaquelEG
In response to CommaHolly

Hope I can just hop in here. I'm actually reading 2 books right now. The second in the Diana Gabaldon Outlander Series Dragonfly in Amberand The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George. I have a really bad addiction with reading and usually read at least 2 books at a time. My second part time job is at a Barnes and Nobles and my discount is 30% so most of my paycheck goes back into the store!!!!

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to RaquelEG

• Raquellie Said:
Hope I can just hop in here. I'm actually reading 2 books right now. The second in the Diana Gabaldon Outlander Series Dragonfly in Amberand The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George. I have a really bad addiction with reading and usually read at least 2 books at a time. My second part time job is at a Barnes and Nobles and my discount is 30% so most of my paycheck goes back into the store!!!!

i wish i worked at barnes and noble! most of my paycheck goes there too! the closest one to me is 45 minutes away and i go several times a week.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to beccaboo3

I cannot seem to find any good time to read anymore! I started Dead Until Dark, but haven't picked it up again to finish in weeks!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to beccaboo3

• beccaboo3 Said:

Anna Karenina is on my read pile too.

When I go to the book sale I always limit myself to $20 the first day, which buys you 40 paperbacks at my local sales. Then the last day I fill 1 bag for $2. So for $22 dollars I get most of my reading materials for the year. I can't complain about that price.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 06-21-10 05:58 AM
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I am currently reading Book 3 of Stephen King's Dark Tower Series. It is called "The Wastelands" It is one of my favorite series ever.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CASBa

I am now reading Sandra Brown's Smash Cut.

I like her books, but after reading several, they're starting to get a little predictable.

I'll have to look for a new author.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Bxr-Linda

Linda, have you tried Linda Howard? She does contemporary romantic suspense. Or Suzanne Brockmann (sp?).

Lisa

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to lstory

I just recently finished Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls. Good book, but I couldn't shake the images out of my head for a few days. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Sense and Sensibilities and Sea Monsters, were also great books but the images in those books were easily gone.

Right now I'm reading a book called Secrets of the Tudor Court.

Once it's done I'll move on to a Romance Novel called Mistress by Mistake.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to Manda_K

mms

Page 3 of 134 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics