Page 4 of 134 
Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to Ms Jackie

I like Linda Howard's older novels.. I haven't been as impressed with anything she's released in the past five years. Though there is one I haven't gotten around to that my mom says is really good.

My FAVORITE Linda Howard book was Son of the Morning.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to raindancer

Bout to start the last Anita Blake book.. titled Bullet by Laurell Hamilton

lstory 
Mayor

Adrienne, have you read Patricia Briggs's Mercy Thompson books? They're tamer than Laurell K Hamilton (PG-13, not unrated), but really awesome. The first one is Moon Called, and the main character is a shape-shifter. I think there are five books in the series by now.

Lisa

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to lstory

No I haven't.. after this one I'm gonna to be looking for something new to read... don't know if I should jump into another series though.. I'm so ocd that all life stops until I've finished. I've been reading Anita Blake since April. My house is a wreck. lol.

But I'll have to put that on my 'list'..

lstory 
Mayor

My house is a wreck even though I haven't been reading since I got so obsessed with my Copics. I do have about 20 YA novels set aside for our Fourth of July visit to my folks - can't take my entire load of scrapcrap with me, after all.

Lisa

RaquelEG
Veteran
RaquelEG
In response to beccaboo3

• beccaboo3 Said:
  • Raquellie Said:
Hope I can just hop in here. I'm actually reading 2 books right now. The second in the Diana Gabaldon Outlander Series Dragonfly in Amberand The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George. I have a really bad addiction with reading and usually read at least 2 books at a time. My second part time job is at a Barnes and Nobles and my discount is 30% so most of my paycheck goes back into the store!!!!

i wish i worked at barnes and noble! most of my paycheck goes there too! the closest one to me is 45 minutes away and i go several times a week.

Working there is awesome, but now my "want to read list" is about 200 books long!!!! My dbf always complain that we never cuddle and watch tv anymore!!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to lstory

• lstory Said:
Linda, have you tried Linda Howard? She does contemporary romantic suspense. Or Suzanne Brockmann (sp?).

Lisa

I have not, but thanks for the recommendation. I will check those out.
About done with this book.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to RaquelEG

mms

fatwhippet
Pro
fatwhippet
In response to Ms Jackie

Just read "Zippy" by Haven Kimmel, very funny. I am planning on reading the sequel, "She Got Off The Couch". Fast easy read, very entertaining.

Resident
In response to fatwhippet

I just took somebody's advice and read a couple of Susan Mallery. Good! They were Sunset Bay and Accidentally Yours. Sunset Bay was about a woman who is engaged to be married, and finds out at the last minute that her fiance is cheating. All of that while she is going through a family crisis. She is visited by a lawyer, and she has inherited money from a man she didn't know was her father. When her own father finds out that her mother/his wife had cheated on him and never told him she wasn't his daughter, he doesn't want anything to do with her. Then she bumps into her old highschool sweetheart/bad boy, and it really gets good!

ScrappinTiger
Veteran
ScrappinTiger
In response to Ms Jackie

• MsJackie akaStarbucks Said:
I here! Glad to see this thread is up and running.

I have two books going on at once, "Photo, Snap, Shot" by Joanna campbell Slan. But I had a library hold that come in, so had to put it down, and now I am reading Debbie Macomber's Hannah's List.

I just read the first one and really liked it! So I guess I'll be searching for the next one.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to ScrappinTiger

Summer college classes are over!
Which means more time to read. Currently in Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris (book 4 in the Sookie Stackhouse series). Hoping to be starting book number 5 in the series by Thursday night.

RaquelEG
Veteran
RaquelEG
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Still reading my Cleopatra book. Its 1552 pages and I'm in the 800's somewhere so it shouldn't be too much longer!!

LisaLoves2ScrapNRead
Idol
LisaLoves2ScrapNRead
In response to RaquelEG

Hope everyone is having a great summer and finding lots of time to read.
I am reading Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson by Ian Halperin.
I plan to devote some of my summer reading to childrens and young adult books before school starts in August.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to LisaLoves2ScrapNRead

Oooh, come sit next to me - I'm a YA librarian!

Lisa

LisaLoves2ScrapNRead
Idol
LisaLoves2ScrapNRead
In response to lstory

I work in an Elementary School Library. Grades K-5 and approximately 1100 students in all.
There are some pictures of the library that I work in on pages 9 & 10 of my gallery.
Do you work in a school or a public library?

Edited by LisaLoves2Scrap on 06-24-10 12:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lstory 
Mayor

Good grief, that's a huge school!!! I'm in a public library (smaller paycheck, but no curriculum support and no censorship/challenge concerns), but only part-time.

Lisa

eta: the library is gorgeous!

Edited by lstory on 06-24-10 12:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker

• LisaLoves2Scrap Said:
I work in an Elementary School Library. Grades K-5 and approximately 1100 students in all.
There are some pictures of the library that I work in on pages 9 & 10 of my gallery.

You're library is amazing compared to our local elementary school libraries! But I guess we should just be happy to have school libraries, the district considered closing ALL elementary school libraries to met next years budget.

lstory 
Mayor

Boy, that's short-sighted. Were they looking to save the $$ from the salaries of the people working in the libraries? When reading scores keep going down, I would think cutting off access to books would not be the way to meet NCLB.

Lisa

LisaLoves2ScrapNRead
Idol
LisaLoves2ScrapNRead

• hotroding scrapbooker Said:
  • LisaLoves2Scrap Said:

You're library is amazing compared to our local elementary school libraries! But I guess we should just be happy to have school libraries, the district considered closing ALL elementary school libraries to met next years budget.

That would be awful to close the libraries! The school I work in is fairly new. Five years ago, 5 small elementary schools closed their doors and moved into a huge beautiful new school. The library is the central point of the school. If you were to fold the school in half from north to south, it would be like a mirror effect. Eight classes of K-5 (K-2 on the west side and 3-5 on the east), a double-sized gym, 2 art rooms, 2 music rooms, etc. The first time I walked in I felt like a mouse in a maze! I just learned in a library class that I took this summer that I work in the largest elem. library in the state of Iowa.
The school runs on a 8 day cycle. The library sees six classes a day (K-5) and it takes 8 days to see all 48 classes. It is really really busy and it is really really fun! I love my job!

Edited by LisaLoves2Scrap on 06-24-10 02:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 4 of 134 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics