Page 7 of 134 
Username Post: Books, Books and more Books!!        (Topic#1537085)
lstory 
Mayor
In response to queenofstash

I just looked it up at IMDB and it's due in 2012. Katherine Heigl is playing Stephanie and they have the most-delicious Jason O'Mara down as Morelli. He was in the US version of Life on Mars and was on a couple episodes of The Closer as a creepy serial killer.

Lisa

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 06-28-10 03:28 PM
In response to lstory

I think Ria using her iphone to read. is that the itouch?

co-workers use their phones as well...

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Erin in Okc

• Erin in Okc Said:
Yesterday I went to Barnes and Noble and used my $25 gift card I got for CHRISTMAS!! I was happy because it didn't go down in value, which I was afraid of. But I was saving it for when Sizzling Sixteen came out (Janet Evanovich.)

I bought the Plum, but I also bought The Next Best Thing, by Kristan Higgins, and I started it first. (gasp!) It's been good, but she can really go on and on. The book is 393 pages, and I could have easily said it all in less than 300. Still, really good.
Tomorrow I'll start the big Sixteen and see what's goin' on with Morelli and Ranger! (was the last book a Morelli or a Ranger? She goes back and forth, and I think it's Ranger's turn this time.) I'm also really excited for the upcoming movie, and I can't wait to find out when it's being released!

I'm jealous! I am on hold at the library and am number 32. UGH!!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to lstory

• lstory Said:
I just looked it up at IMDB and it's due in 2012. Katherine Heigl is playing Stephanie and they have the most-delicious Jason O'Mara down as Morelli. He was in the US version of Life on Mars and was on a couple episodes of The Closer as a creepy serial killer.

Lisa

OH, I can't wait for this!! 2012 is too long to wait!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-28-10 04:57 PM

• **tfs** Said:
I can't find the post now, but which of you ladies posted something about reading using your iTouch?

It doesn't bother your eyes with the screen being smaller? I have an iTouch, but haven't considered using it to read books until now. TIA.

I believe that was RIA, (blingqueenRIA)

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to ELynn

• EeyoreLynn Said:
I think Ria using her iphone to read. is that the itouch?

co-workers use their phones as well...

It's just like the iphone.. minus the phone..minus the camera.

Resident
In response to TraciK

Don't be jealous of me anymore...I posted this under the vent thread, but I LOST Sizzlin' Sixteen! I don't know if it fell out of my bag that I take to work, or if somebody was actually brave enough to take it while I had my cart parked outside of an office. But I know it was in the bag when I left for work, and it didn't fall out in my car. I discovered it was not there about an hour into the night. I'm just glad that I forgot to put my wallet into the bag, or it could have been lost/stolen, too.
And it's reVERSE karma, too!! Because I realized when I got home from the bookstore yesterday that they had put both books in my bag, but only charged me for one, so I called them and paid for the book they had not scanned. So, what's up with THAT karma? I guess you might be able to say that the good karma was not having my wallet stolen. But I'm still bummed. That book was twenty bucks! Ok, so I used a gift card to pay for it, but I saved that card for six MONTHS just for that book, and lost it before I could read a single page! waaaahhh!!!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I do not find it hard to read on my ipod touch. I can make the text bigger, with the kindle app if the back light is hurting my eyes, I usually change to sepia tones which helps. With the IBooks app, I just change the back light. I've read somewhere around 20 or so books on my ipod touch and no problems.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 06-28-10 07:24 PM

• Erin in Okc Said:
Don't be jealous of me anymore...I posted this under the vent thread, but I LOST Sizzlin' Sixteen! I don't know if it fell out of my bag that I take to work, or if somebody was actually brave enough to take it while I had my cart parked outside of an office. But I know it was in the bag when I left for work, and it didn't fall out in my car. I discovered it was not there about an hour into the night. I'm just glad that I forgot to put my wallet into the bag, or it could have been lost/stolen, too.
And it's reVERSE karma, too!! Because I realized when I got home from the bookstore yesterday that they had put both books in my bag, but only charged me for one, so I called them and paid for the book they had not scanned. So, what's up with THAT karma? I guess you might be able to say that the good karma was not having my wallet stolen. But I'm still bummed. That book was twenty bucks! Ok, so I used a gift card to pay for it, but I saved that card for six MONTHS just for that book, and lost it before I could read a single page! waaaahhh!!!

I'm sorry I often buy two of things because I lose practically everything. I'm still upset that somebody stole my copy of the history of ancient Rome. I think it was a street kid who wanted the rice paper it was written on.

Rice paper... It feels so good to read books printed on rice paper.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

• Erin in Okc Said:

Oh Man!! I'm sorry that happened to you. UGH!! You are right Karma was not on your side!

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie

jci

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Ms Jackie

HI......jci

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to TraciK

I've decided that I don't want to get wrapped up in another series for a while. So I picked up a book from the pile that my mom gave me. Kind of my backup pile, if you will.

This one is Nora Roberts "Taming Natasha".. I forgot what a great character writer NR is. I've read tons and tons of her books over time and she never fails to have interesting characters that she paints so vividly.

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to raindancer

I'm re-reading the 7th Harry Potter. The movie comes out in November and I always re-read the book before the movie comes out. I'll be starting school in August and probably won't have time to read once it starts so I'm doing it now!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to beccaboo3

Rats! I thought it was coming out this summer... Why, why, why must we wait so long?

Lisa

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to lstory

jci

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

I stayed up late last and finished Smash Cut. It was good.

Now I'm starting a Strangers in the Night by Linda Howard.

Update:
I am NOT liking this book. Didn't realize it's 3 short stories. The first one is very bizarre, and not in an entertaining way. I think I'll return it to the library.

I picked up my other choice ---Force of Nature by Suzanne Brockmann.
So far, I'm liking it better.

Thanks Lisa for the author suggestions!

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Bxr-Linda

this book I'm reading is a good fun easy read. Angel with Attitude

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to TraciK

I may have to keep a list with all these book titles to check out.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to Bxr-Linda

That's what I do! I have one on my computer and I keep a smaller one in my book bag.

Page 7 of 134 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics