Page 4 of 440 
Username Post: Home at the B & B        (Topic#1537219)
DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to FinallyMama

Melody, are you telling me that the government doesn't keep him on their insurance? He should be on disabilitie insurance from the service from here on out. I don't get that. It just doesn't seem right. Men give their lives for this country so least we should be able to do is give them the insurance that's due to them.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to DKravec

He can go tot he VA anytime for any reason. HE's covered for life for all his wartime injuries. But DD and I have nothing. He couldn't keep his civilin job due to his injures and that's how we had insurance. He gets SS disability but he's not cover their until after 18 months, I think. We are never covered by that. He has in 19 years in the military so they are 'suppose' to be medically retiring him. When/if that happens then we (dd and me) will have medical insurance. We even had a huge deductable with DHS. But I have to say it's not as big as the entire hospital bill. I'm set up to pay off my part in 3 years!! But we, me and hospital, have been having it out with DHS since she was in the hospital back at the end of October. DHS don't return calls. The lady in billing at the hospital took it all the way to the top person at the local office, of course they were out and NEVER returned her call!! It has been a nightmare. I was set up to pay the whole thing as of a couple weeks ago. Wa gonna take 10 plus years to pay off at the payment I could pay!! So rediculous!! ANd my husband gave his life, or at least life as we knew it, for this goverment!!

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat

Miss M, that breaks my heart to hear the government doesn't pay the insurance for the entire family. I didnt know that is how it worked. Here he gives his life for the government and they cant repay him with insurance?? What a crazy world we live in!! Is DD okay???

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to laceyKat

I guess my mom has always been covered with the military because my father retired from it. I never really asked them how the whole thing works. But of course he had insurance from the job he took after his retirement. Hmmmmm, it just seems to me that the entire family should be covered. Something needs to be done with that. It's not just the service men and women who are a part of the service, it's the whole family.

And on a good note, I'm working on my book that I'm altering but took a short break to find some images that I was wanting but it's just not working out for me. Oh well....back to the grime. See ya all a bit later.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to DKravec

Well for one thing, he's in the Army National Guard. Second, once his retirement goes through, we're suppose to have insurance. I've learned to never believe what they say until you see it happen.

DD is fine. They think she had a cyst on an overy to burst.

featherrs
Governor
featherrs

Hi All...who is DHS??

Ya think they would cover ya all but that is the gvmnt for ya. I get so irritated about that.

Well I had dgd today and she is sleeping right now and I'm not. uh huh...uh huh....who's the grandma!!! Kept her little but busy! Actually it was easy. My friend runs a day care so I took her over there and she wore herself out. But I did have to listen to all those kids. Love kids but I did my share!!!

I am working on a baby lo. have been out of the card mode cuz of this other stuff but this lo is hard. She doesn't know what she is having so the colors have been difficult....should be done in the next day or to. Well must watch dgd so she doesn't fall off the bed. bbl.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to featherrs

Sorry, Lisa. DHS= Department of Human Services

featherrs
Governor
featherrs

Well so much for not falling asleep!!! Who kicked who's but!! I went in there and was just gonna lay with her for a min...yeah uh-huh. Slept for 1 1/2 hrs.... now I'll be up tonight for awhile!! She made me feel good tho....she didn't want to go home. I just love that lil darlin.

Is your dh ok?? Don't mean to pry but jeesh if he got hurt on duty we sure should be takin care of him. Make sure you tell him THANK YOU!

Gonna go visit galleries....the baby thing I'm workin on is driving me nuts. The colors are not looking right to me.

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to laceyKat

• laceyKat Said:
Do you like doing vintage, miss m?? you are doing awesome work on it...

lisa - I think your work is as good as gab's, but that is MHO.

Why thank you but......her stuff....wow. It amazes me. One day!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to featherrs

Evening ladies. Is anybody still awake. I spent the entire day working on a book I've been wanting to alter and I finally finished it just a little bit ago. I think I was sitting too long in one place cause when I bent to pick up one of the dogs to cuddle, I pulled something in it. Now I can't seem to get out of the chair. Looks like I'll be sleeping upright all night.

So cool that you get your granddaughter for the day. I'm still waiting for my kids to get married. I'll be eighty at this rate.

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to DKravec

Morning all...

Are you still in the chair Deb??? Don't mean to laugh but I know what you mean. Takes awhile to get straightened up after sitting.

Your son have a gf?? And dd, she dating anyone?? Mine is not married....and don't want dd married yet. Get her thru college first so she can get married then and stay home with the kids!!!!

featherrs
Governor
featherrs
In response to featherrs

Oh I forgot to ask...thinking about doing Katies new swap....have you guys ever done a year long swap?? I know the commitment and I am not worried bout that just wondered if they peter out?

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to featherrs

Brat has done one before, Lisa.

I just wanted you guys to know that I sent in $10.00 to go towards the pot on the lose it thread, but I see Martica did not mention it. She did mention the box and matchbox. I know she got the money cuz she told me she got it.
Just wanted you to know.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to featherrs

Personally I would avoid a 12 month swap around here like the plauge!! But that's just me!!

featherrs
Governor
featherrs

HI Melody, Kat and Deb

Melody did you do one??

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Kat, I think she mentioned that you made a contrabution. At least I thought I read that. I'll have to back and look. ***Taking this question to PM*** Sorry!!

Edited by FinallyMama on 06-24-10 08:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Not a 12 month one. I did a 6 month one once!! I was dissappointed!! People in that one tended to leave after they got all thier months stuff. I think I was like month 5 and and only got from 3 remaing ladies.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

I did do a year long swap just last year. It was a birthday swap where you send out a birthday card to the person on their birthday. Lots of people not only fizzled out but other were joining in the middle of it all which pizzed me off cause my birthday was at the beginning of the year so I was stuck adding more people to my list but I had never received from them. I mentioned this to the lady who started the swap so she finally stopped excepting new people. I swore I'd never do another year long committment again.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to DKravec

i wouldnt either.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to laceyKat

cant wait til tomorrow...

Page 4 of 440 
Permissions Topic Options