Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: another adhesive question        (Topic#1537247)
Tenant

How long has everyone been using the glue glider pro and ATG??? It took me four years to figure out my old adhesive will not stay put so I really want to make sure what I use now will stay.

How strong/sticky/aggressive are these compared to smaller/inexpensive runners??? I recently have tried the sticky thumb, tombo mono, and therm o web ones... any comparisons to these??

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Nat Scraps

I had the same thought.

I understand framers have been using the ATG for years (for mats and such). It's probably safe to say it is good for the long term.

The glue glider is what I'd be curious about.

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to Bxr-Linda

I had so much trouble with the glue glider

Tenant
In response to Inloveforlife

What kind of trouble??

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

my understanding is they are both exeptional adhesives,,,,,,,although the ATG is much less expensive for the refills if somewhat more expensive for the gun,,,,I love my ATG!!!!!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Inloveforlife

• Inloveforlife Said:
I had so much trouble with the glue glider

Like what? I use mine costantly with no problems at all.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Here Kitty

No problems here either....still considering the ATG, but satisfied with the glue glider....

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 06-23-10 02:51 AM
In response to HisGEM

Love love love my ATG 714!!!! And even thought it holds like mad, I can still lift stuff up and move it. I use the Cricut spatula and just slide it betweent he adhesive and what ever I glued it on top of. Plus, if I decide not to use something I have already put the adhesive on, it can be rolled off with your finger. Oh, did I mention that I love that gun!!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to KimKV

$60.00 for the gun itself???!!!!

HOLY ********

does anyone know if they sell them at Michaels or Joanns that we could use a coupon to get it cheaper?

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Ohio4HMom

The ATG is a framer's tool that has been adopted by the paper crafting world. I've never seen it at Ms or Js, but you might try framing supply stores if you want to comparison shop a bit more.

Lisa

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-23-10 07:08 AM

If you google ATG Gun, there is a framing supply store that comes up. That is where I got mine. It is the best price I have seen for it.

I love my ATG gun. The biggest plus in my book is the actual price of the adhesive. It is so much cheaper! You get 36 YARDS per roll. That is 108 feet. I don't know of any other adhesive that comes with that much per roll? The price of the gun is more up front, but in the long run it will even out to actually be cheaper.

From what I see on here you can buy the Glue Glider Pro refills for $7.64. You get 40 feet. (Yeah, I still think that is a lot of adhesive on a roll...especially when you compare to other forms!)

I just bought 3 rolls of adhesive for my ATG. I paid $7.55 total. I got 324 feet total.

Anyways, that is my reasoning. I actually didn't see the Glue Glider Pro until after I ordered my ATG. I found it and actually kinda thought I'd made a mistake until I went through the math above.

The bottom line is, there are TONS of adhesive on the market. It is your preference and what works best for YOU! There are adhesives that people swear by but that I've not tried. I've just found the ATG works well for me in a lot of applications, but it is definitely not the only adhesive that I use.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
$60.00 for the gun itself???!!!!

HOLY ********

does anyone know if they sell them at Michaels or Joanns that we could use a coupon to get it cheaper?

If you want something that's like the ATG, the Glue Glider Max is sold at department stores.
I love my Max and Pro! I also couldn't do without their Adhesive Squares and Mini Adhesive Squares. They're kind of like Glue Dots in that they're a dry adhesive, but they're really thin, stretchy and SUPER sticky. Moreso than Glue Dots or Zots.

Edited by Here Kitty on 06-24-10 06:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to LeeLo

• LeeLo Said:

The bottom line is, there are TONS of adhesive on the market. It is your preference and what works best for YOU! There are adhesives that people swear by but that I've not tried. I've just found the ATG works well for me in a lot of applications, but it is definitely not the only adhesive that I use.

I agree with this, but...
If the adhesive fails over time, that's not good for anyone.

There are people who like glue sticks, but they fail.

I haven't jumped on the ATG bandwagon, because it is so big. I crop mostly away from home, and the ATG would take up my whole bag.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-23-10 08:16 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

Well, I was not referring to "failed" adhesive. I was referring more to the TYPES of adhesive. Even in types, there are many brands...some good, some not so. It is still what works for you!

As for glue sticks, no, don't use them...heard too many horror stories. However, with that being said, I did do my first LO ever with a glue stick and it is still together. Perfectly 100% fine. I also know of people that swear by them and use them almost exclusively. Apparently they work for them!

The ATG works for me. I love it. However, I would never say it was the best & only kind of adhesive in the world. I don't even use it exclusively. I have my reasons for using it and it is just what works for me!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

Nat, I just sent you a pm about this.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to LeeLo

Add me to the GlueGlider Pro and Max fan column!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to anda11

LeeLo,
I agree. I think part of the question was, how do you know which adhesives will fail over time?

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-23-10 09:19 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

Exactly. Maybe the ATG stuff will just fall off the page in 10 years? All I'm saying is that it is your preference. No one can be certain that anything is going to stick for 100 years. Everything has a point where it will eventually deteriorate. Maybe someone decides to use glue sticks b/c of costs (not a good reason in my book, but who am I to judge?) I am just going by experience over several years. ATG was originally used by framers and has been for quite some time, so I guess there is some proof of its lasting quality, at least for the immediate future. I am not a chemical engineer, so who knows? My point is that it is your preference. Maybe someone prefers the Glue Glider Pro...and that is great! It is their choice! I prefer the ATG...and listed my reasons above. Really, I'm not here to argue over failing adhesive. It is your choice...maybe there are better and worse choices, but it is still yours!

What it all boils down to is that there are choices. Yes, it is your preference and what works best for you. I know many may like wet glue...me, not so much. But if it works for them and that is their choice, that's great. With that being said, I feel like I'm beating a dead horse so I'll hush.

ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
Expert
ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
In response to Bxr-Linda

I've had the glueglider pro for about 8 months. I like it but I'm hesitant about recommending it to others. I love that you have a ton of adhesive for a better price than the little tape runners and it's not quite as bulky as the ATG. However, the refills I've gotten from HL don't seem to work as smoothly. I just put a new refill in and I am struggling to get the gun to wind the tape out. It wasn't just this refill, it's been all of them. This one, though, is almost impossible to get to work.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to ScrapHappyStArLIGhT

I pre-ordered a Pink ATG from another site cause I am new at all of this but I was amazed at the amount of $$$ I was already spending on tape runners.

I think the ATG will save me $ since I only spent $30 on the gun.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics