Username Post: Mountain scrapbooking paper        (Topic#1537249)
Resident

I am on vacation in Fairmont Hot Springs BC Canada! I am already starting to plan my layouts and being surrounded by mountains I am having a hard time finding "mountain" paper. Nothing cheesy, but you'd think there's something out there. Anybody know of some MOUNTAIN scrapbooking paper?
creativeLaura

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to creativeLaura

I'm not sure about pre-made paper, but how about making your own mountains? I searched the gallery and found this!
LetterBoxing 2-pager By Scrappycath

Resident
In response to Here Kitty

Thank you after searching on scrapbook.com and finding only 1 patterned paper, I'm thinking I'm going to have to make my own for the number of layouts with mountains in it! Thanks!
creativeLaura

sassysharyn
Veteran
sassysharyn

Places like Bass Pro Shop and Cabella's have camping/hunting themed scrapbook stuff. If you have one of those nearby, check them out, they have a lot of stuff (for sportsman stores) to choose from. I know, it sounds weird...I laughed when I first saw stuff at those stores.

klsteven
Veteran
klsteven
In response to sassysharyn

Bass Pro Shop has scrapbooking supplies?!? Now that's just another reason for me to go shopping there!!

I haven't seen mountain paper anywhere and, trust me, I've looked as I spend half my summer in the Canadian Rockies and have a ton of mountain pictures to scrap! Would love to see what you make on your own though.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to klsteven

how about taking a picture of mountains and making your own paper by printing it out?

I think I have some that came in one of those big super paks of paper that I bought ages ago and haven't used. I'll try to look tonight if I can remember for you

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 06-23-10 05:54 AM
In response to Ohio4HMom

Bella Blvd has a camping line - Camped Out - and that paper is very outdoorsy and fun. I'm not sure if the paper specifically has mountains, but it's definitely has an outdoor feel.

Cosmo Cricket has "Mr Campy," Bo Bunny has "Roughing It" and I'm sure there are others.

Products Referenced in This Post:

Inkiepinkies
Expert
Inkiepinkies
In response to IzzyB

I like using torn papers for making mountain scenes. I pick a couple of colors in my "scrap" scraps. For a winter scene use the white paper on top, and for a fall scene use red/orange/brown paper between the mountain and the horizon. Hope this helps.

Nancy

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

I found some by using Google really nice ones too

try googling scrap your trip

Edited by Ohio4HMom on 06-23-10 07:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Ohio4HMom

OH MY they have this one too! Bad Bad Bad Baddddd site for me to be looking at today LOL

Edited by Ohio4HMom on 06-23-10 07:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Inkiepinkies

• Inkiepinkies Said:
I like using torn papers for making mountain scenes. I pick a couple of colors in my "scrap" scraps. For a winter scene use the white paper on top, and for a fall scene use red/orange/brown paper between the mountain and the horizon. Hope this helps. Nancy

I was going to suggest the same thing.
You could also make the sky more elaborate. This "travel" paper (which also comes in vellum) has a lot of sky and is fun. You can also cut just the sky section and use just that.
I had several pieces of this "cloud/mountain" paper & vellum and tried a few different things (there were 12 pages in my project). In addition to cutting the paper & vellum and using different sections, I also made my own clouds & mountains. It was REALLY easy to cut a few shapes out of scrap paper (light blues and white), ink the edges with a little silver ink, and Viola I had the exact same design.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics