Username Post: [[ * Newbie 0N B0ARD * ]]        (Topic#1537476)
 andrea
Tenant
 andrea

arggh ! I Never have scrapbooked in my life . Any information is ideal ... Let me go brainstorm over a Mcdonald's mocha frappe

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to andrea

Welcome aboard! The site is offering a 24 day lesson for scrapbooking; you may benefit from signing up. Also there are so many wonderful people and resources on this site...you will be addicted in no time!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to HisGEM

Welcome. This is a awesome site. Lots of inspiration.

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to debby_westbrook

YUMMMMMMY FRAPPE, My favorite.

Welcome, I secone what my two friends said above! This is a great site, and you'll love it!

Feel free to send me a friend invite!

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364
In response to momofthreeboys

Take your time, and have fun with it - once you get the basics down then you can learn new techniques and apply your scrapbooking knowledge to different mediums like mini albums, frames, books, paint cans....you see where I am going

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Peg364

i like to search the gallery but subject and get ideas that way (ex: birthday, swimming, camping)

You can also search for sketches

Have fun

New Kid On the Block
In response to Just G

I am new and I have just signed up for the 24 day lessons for scrapbooking. I am enjoying this site and learning a lot. I have so many pictures from years ago that I am trying to get out of regular picture books and put into scrapbooks, we are talking pictures that were taken 30 plus years ago. I am having trouble with the paper design to use for the background of the pictures since these are old pictures. Should I try to find older looking paper or what? I also have a lot of black and white pictures.

andrea
Tenant
 andrea
In response to momofthreeboys

Yes I agree ! I've been browsing around the site & have found wonderful ideas . Also I am taking the scrapbooking classes. They are GREAT ! Im already compiling a list of things to buy. I am so very excited .

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to andrea

I get my inspiration from the Gallerys, the Tutorials, and I joined a group on here, where we try to inspire each other, among other things. But mostly I just look at the gallery section, save to my favorites ones that I really would like to copy or has something I like! Maybe a technique, a theme or something.......As time goes on.....I have learned a ton of things on here....I have only been here a year, and scrapping on and off for about 9 years....and honestly have learned more here than the other 9 years combined!!!!! Enjoy........!!!!!

lojay7
lojay7 
Veteran
lojay7
In response to memex9

Welcome fellow frappe lover!!! This site is awesome. I have learned a lot. The galleries are wonderful for ideas. Have fun!!!!

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to tbearsxstitch

• tbearsxstitch Said:
I am new and I have just signed up for the 24 day lessons for scrapbooking. I am enjoying this site and learning a lot. I have so many pictures from years ago that I am trying to get out of regular picture books and put into scrapbooks, we are talking pictures that were taken 30 plus years ago. I am having trouble with the paper design to use for the background of the pictures since these are old pictures. Should I try to find older looking paper or what? I also have a lot of black and white pictures.

Here's an idea: for the sepia or older looking pictures, use a distressed, worn looking paper. There are lots of them available. Also, if you are looking for something to use to make you paper distressed, or even something like that, Tim Holtz is awesome! For the black and white, just use whatever you want! They work well with any combinations that you desire to use; light or bright, they both work. Sorry I went a little overload in the products list, but with Tim Holtz products It's hard to resist!
Products Referenced in This Post:

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to tbearsxstitch

• tbearsxstitch Said:

I started a little over a year ago and after 30 plus years of marriage, not to mention older family photos, I had the same challenge, but I had NO problem scrapping them the same as new ones. Sometimes I even like new pics to look old, so it works both ways.

Future Fashionista By Leslief
Time Flies By Leslief

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics