Username Post: Difference between Chalk Inks & Blending Chalks in blocks        (Topic#1537524)
New Kid On the Block

Hi
I am new to scrapbooking and I was interested in using chalks. I wanted to know the difference between chalk inks and blending chalks that come in blocks in a set .. Is there a difference in ease of use or results?
Thanks for helping

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to StarsMami

The block chalk is powdery (kinda like make-up)and chalk ink starts off wet (liquidy) and dries to look like chalk. I use the blending chalks often....love them!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to HisGEM

It was well said above.

They are basically two completely separate, different products. It's like comparing crayons to paint. Different.

Chalk ink is really nothing like chalk, although it will dry to a matte, chalk look.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Bxr-Linda

Why thank you Brx-Linda and that was a good comparision! I was going to say the chalk ink is less messy IMO, but is easy to use. I have to blow the excess off or it will transfer to parts I don't want that color on....I hope that makes sense....

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to HisGEM

I have fallen in love with chalks. I create background paper with it. I use the blending chalks mostly but also accent with the chalk inks for deeper colors and blending.

With teh chalk inks it's best if you apply with a makeup sponge

Aspen 2010 By Just G

Edited by Just G on 06-28-10 06:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Just G

Thank You all!!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to StarsMami

and the number one reason to buy a set of chalks... to fix mistakes.
The are absolutely fabulous to touch up small mistakes where you have chipped a piece of pattern paper. Say you lift something up to reposition it and your adhesive tears a little spot of the surface of your background paper. Grab your chalks and a q-tip, a few dabs of color and you will never know there was a bare spot. And the great thing is if the color is too dark, just grab a white eraser and erase the chalk and try again.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics