Page 1 of 44 
Username Post: *~JULY~*Anything Goes Challenge-Sign Up til 7/10/10! BEST CHALLENGE EVER!!        (Topic#1537528)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

JULY is on the way! Time for sign ups!

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to JUNE's Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until JULY 10th.

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than JULY 15th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
1140 RTE 542
EGG HARBOR, NJ 08215

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
megannwalker@gmail.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.44

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after JULY 1st count towards your total points and layouts. This challenge ends on JULY 31st at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details. Going forward all daily/weekly/monthly pics, LOs and point details must be posted to the thread by the deadline which is Sunday 12 midnight PST.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 10 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Most points 11-25 LOs. If you set your goal for 11-25 layouts and complete your goal of 11-25 layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 25 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

4 – Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, then you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed.) Daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, a card, or an altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout, card, or altered project.

5 – Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw one name.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*3 4x6=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 4 & 5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details inculding any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for.

Note on embedding:
Hope this helps:
ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Share AnyWhere' on the 'share' tab beside the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

PLAYERS

paid=

iheartaslan 17/11 GOAL MET!!! 23970 pts
scrapinbabygal 43/15 GOAL MET!!! 25328 pts 29 DCs
MelissaW 20/15 GOAL MET!!! 15042 pts 21 DCs
sugarcrystalz 43/30 GOAL MET!!! 15041 pts 26 DCs
pjsarefuzzy 10/10 GOAL MET!!! 6295 pts 12DCs
Pookahbot 10/10 GOAL MET!!! 5109 pts
BJscrapsalot 9/5 GOAL MET!!! 4323 pts 8 DCs
senora_x 0/25
amancuso 0/10
GentlewoodFarms 0/12
Zolyshka 0/13
Shastess 0/20
scrapriguez 0/11
nattyteacher 0/15

JMorales 0/5

MOTIVATIONAL
Lamoo12 0/6
MommaSaid 0/4
Ruthiez 0/10
Bubblegirl 0/20
Jordannichole 0/20
marciaray 0/15
codi2425 0/10

Edited by iheartaslan on 08-06-10 04:14 PM. Reason for edit: Adding Totals! PM me yours!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~DAILY CHALLENGES~*~

Each day a new challenge will be posted. These challenges can be done at your own pace unless specified in the challange. These can easily be incorporated into any card or LO. You can take +10 pts for completing the challenge on the same day it was posted.

7/1: Today is my son’s birthday and tomorrow is my Dads, so in honor of birthdays I want to challenge you to use the following birthday items on your layout! Worth up to 300 points
Candles 100 points
Presents 100 points
Balloons 50 points
Cake 50 points

LO doesn't have to be birthday related - use your thinking caps! Can be in pictures or embellishments or paper!

100 points for a card with one of the above!

7/2: By the numbers - choose a number any number – but make sure you like it! Because that number will be incorporated into your layout in EVERY way! It must be in the title, number of pictures number of colors of cardstock, number of patterned papers, number of same embellishment – for example if I choose 5 I would have to have 5 colors of cs, 5 patterned papers, 5 pictures 5 flowers 5 buttons and title it Just the 5 of us or something of the like

worth 100 points!

*BONUS*
Try the technique of masking somewhere on your layout for an extra 50 points - only have to do once no matter what number you chose

7/3: I don’t know about you but summer get togethers are often all about the FOOD! BBQ’s, camping, grilling, watermelon, ice cream, I want to see food on your layout! Either in the pictures or embellishments 100 points 50 bonus points if layout is actually about food!

7/4: use red white and blue on a layout!
doesn't have to be patriotic but can be!
150 pts!

7/5: Mondays are the pits, especially after a holiday weekend. So, today is a catch-up day. If you finish and post the weekly challenges, photos and layout, from last week (or if you already have), take 150 points.

You can take these points later in the month. You just won't get the points for completing the weekly challenges on time.

7/6:

Use this sketch to make a page:

150 points

7/7: Today's challenge is to do a mini countdown page (starting at 5 instead of 10):

5 embellishments
4 papers
3 photos
2 title fonts
1 journaling block

No more, no less.

150 points

7/8: Today, design a page that uses at least 3 hand-made embellishments. 125 points

7/9: Thank goodness it's Friday! Let's be a little old-fashioned today and make a page with only the basics (cardstock, stickers, pictures, fibers, and borders). 300 points.

7/10: Take 75 points if you've finished 3 of my daily challenges by Sunday evening. 100 points if you've completed 4. 125 points if you've completed 5. Take 150 if you've completed 5 + the weekly challenge.

7/11: Early month scrap space check! Post a photo of your space.

Take 150 points if your space is already clean.

Take 75 points if your space is not already clean, and an additional 75 points for cleaning it and posting the after!

July 12 - On This Day in History - 1984
Presidential candidate Walter Mondale named U.S. Rep. Geraldine A. Ferraro of New York to be his running mate. Ferraro was the first woman to run for vice president on a major party ticket.
Use as your LO topic for today, a woman whom you admire who opened doors for you to become who you wanted to be.

150 points

July 13 - On This Day in History - 1945
Edna Mae Anderson of Tulsa, Oklahoma invited some women to her home to sing. Their husbands were members of the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America, and the ladies wanted to participate in the singing fun and enjoyment. On that evening, the "Sweet Adelines" were born, an organization which now boasts hundreds of groups and thousands for members.

Barbershop is a musical style which features a quartet (four singers) singing without musical accompaniment.

For your layout today, feature the number FOUR.

Examples would be
four patterned papers
four TYPES of embellishments
four words in your title
four photographs
four colors of ink
four types of distressing

Give yourself 25 points for each "set" of unique four, up to 125 points.

If your title contains the word "four" or the number 4, take another 25 points.

Total possible = 150 points.

July 14 - This day in history - 1789

The French Revolution began with Parisians stormed the Bastille prison and released the seven prisoners inside.

The Bastille was originally constructed in 1370 as a bastide, or "fortification," to protect the walled city of Paris from English attack. It was later made into an independent stronghold, and its name--bastide--was corrupted to Bastille. Standing 100 feet tall and surrounded by a moat more than 80 feet wide, the Bastille was an imposing structure in the Parisian landscape.

The Bastille was first used as a state prison in the 17th century, and its cells were reserved for upper-class felons, political troublemakers, and spies. Most prisoners there were imprisoned without a trial under direct orders of the king. The capture of the Bastille symbolized the end of the king's reign and provided the French revolutionary cause with an irresistible momentum.

Joined by four-fifths of the French army, the revolutionaries seized control of Paris and then the French countryside, forcing King Louis XVI to accept a constitutional government. By order of the new revolutionary government, the Bastille was torn down. On February 6, 1790, the last stone of the hated prison-fortress was presented to the National Assembly. Today, July 14--Bastille Day--is celebrated as a national holiday in France.

Your challenge today is to add a little French flair to your page.

1. Use the colors of the French Flag (Navy, White, and Red) as your color scheme for 50 points.
**You may add neutrals of white, cream, black, and/or gray if you need to, but no other colors.

2. Use the words je t'aime (I love you) in your title for 50 points.
• j in je is pronounced [zh] like the g in mirage.
• e is pronounced like the oo in good .
• t'aime is pronounced [tem] to rhyme with them.

3. Use a Fleur-de-Lis (the lily flower) as an embellishment somewhere on your page for 25 points.
** If your Fleur-de-Lis is hand made, take an additional 25 points.

Here's a link to some sample images so you can get the general idea for how these look, but use your imagination and creativity to come up with your own interpretation! http://www.fleurdelis.com/fleurs.htm

Total Possible = 150 points

July 15 - This day in history -1606
The painter Rembrandt was born in Leiden, Netherlands.

Paint on your page today.

30 points for each paint color up to five colors.

Total possible - 150 points

July 16 - This day in history - 1969
At 9:32 a.m. EDT, Apollo 11, the first U.S. lunar landing mission, is launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida, on a historic journey to the surface of the moon.

After traveling 240,000 miles in 76 hours, Apollo 11 entered into a lunar orbit on July 19. The next day, at 1:46 p.m., the lunar module Eagle, manned by astronauts Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin, separated from the command module, where a third astronaut, Michael Collins, remained.

Two hours later, the Eagle began its descent to the lunar surface, and at 4:18 p.m. the craft touched down on the southwestern edge of the Sea of Tranquility. Armstrong immediately radioed to Mission Control in Houston a famous message, "The Eagle has landed."

At 10:39 p.m., five hours ahead of the original schedule, Armstrong opened the hatch of the lunar module. Seventeen minutes later, at 10:56 p.m., Armstrong spoke the following words to millions listening at home: "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." A moment later, he stepped off the lunar module's ladder, becoming the first human to walk on the surface of the moon.

Your challenge today is space. You have two options to choose from.

Option #1. Make a negative space layout for 150 points.

Option #2. Use one of these themes - stars, sun, moon, planets, solar system, astronauts, or rocket ships. You may use them as the topic of your project or as embellishments for your project. 150 points.

July 17 - This day in history - 1955
Disneyland, Walt Disney's metropolis of nostalgia, fantasy, and futurism, opens on July 17, 1955.

In the early 1950s, Walt Disney began designing a huge amusement park to be built near Los Angeles. He intended Disneyland to have educational as well as amusement value and to entertain adults and their children.

The $17 million theme park was built on 160 acres of former orange groves in Anaheim, California, construction beginning in 1954. In the summer of 1955, special invitations were sent out for the opening of Disneyland on July 17.

Unfortunately, the pass was counterfeited and thousands of uninvited people were admitted into Disneyland on opening day. The park was not ready for the public: food and drink ran out, a women's high-heel shoe got stuck in the wet asphalt of Main Street USA, and the Mark Twain Steamboat nearly capsized from too many passengers.

Disneyland soon recovered, however, and today, Disneyland hosts more than 14 million visitors a year, who spend close to $3 billion.

Your challenge today is about FUN! Fun means different things to different people, so the catch for today's challenge is that it must also be a LO about YOU.

It must show picture(s) of YOU having fun, it must use the colors and patterned papers that YOU think are fun, it must have your favorite FUN embellishments, and it must have the word FUN in the title.

300 points

July 18 - Today in History - 1976

Nadia Comăneci became the first person in Olympic Games history to score a perfect 10 in gymnastics at the 1976 Summer Olympics.

Your challenge today is 10. Create a page using 10 different TYPES of items. You may use as many of each item as you wish, but you may not use more than 10 different category types.

Some examples of category types.
patterned paper, cardstock, brads, ribbon, flowers, chipboard, buttons, rubons, stickers, stamps, staples, transparencies...

you get the idea, right?

worth +150 pts

7/19: Pop It Up!
Today I challenge you to use pop-up dots... Make your layout 3-D using 2-D for 150 points.
On a card for 70 points.

7/20: Feel the Sun.
Include a cirlce in your layout. +75 If the circle is a sun +100. and if your layout includes the sun in a photo +150.

7/21: The letter P.
The sponsor for today's challenge is the letter P. Make a layout using the letter P. Can be "P" Products, "P" Theme, "P Colours etc etc!!!
for example you can use punches, paperclips, paisley, paint, pens, pink with a P theme like:
people, places, passion, photography, prince/princess, personalities.
Or use: a purple, polker dotted, paper-pierced, passionate, papercrafter, pasted, onto a patterned papered, photograph project. Get creative. Found a while ago and have wanted to try this myself. This challenge is worth 300 points.

7/22: It's Hammock Day.
Summer is in full swing. It's time to slow down and to relax and there is no better place to slow down and relax, than on a hammock. Hammock Day exists to enjoy summer as it should be enjoyed. I challenge you to write a blog entry of your summer is going. Waht are up ypu to? How is this summer been memorible? Waht are you plans for the rest of the sumemr. Etc.
Today's challenge is worth 125 points.

7/23: Stamp Away.
todays challenge is to use a stamp on your layout. Points 100. Make a corresponding card as well and earn yourself an additional 50 points.

7/24: Thank you.
What do you find gratitude in?? I would love to have you share the things you are grateful for!!! Please make a layout based on the word gratitude.

grat·i·tude [grat-i-tood, -tyood]
–noun
the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful: He expressed his gratitude to everyone on the staff.

—Related forms
o·ver·grat·i·tude, noun
un·grat·i·tude, noun

—Synonyms
thanks, thankfulness, appreciation, gratefulness

100 points

7/25: Thread the Needle Day.
Thread the Needle Day certainly is a day for those who sew. It also has a second meaning. The term "thread the needle", is also a saying. It means to either walk a fine and difficult line between two things or issues, or to do something difficult.
Your challenge today is to stitch-stitch-stitch! Each different type of hand stitch is 50 points and machine stitch is 25 poitns. Use different stitches to get a combined maximum total of 150 poitns. Use either hand stitches or/and machine stitches or a mix of both. Please follow this Link to find different hand stitches.
You may also make a layout with the theme "thread the needle" for 100 points. Adding 1 handstitch or two machine stitches to this layout make it 150 points.
Link to stitches

7/26: use two different title fonts +100 three +125

7/27: I read somewhere its "barbie-in-a-blender" day which is coined for a free speech movement SO lets journal on our LOs
use at least 100 words for +100 and more than 100 words earns you +150

7/28: since i dont want to be the only one trying a BOLD often overlooked color- use ORANGE on a LO +100

Edited by iheartaslan on 07-28-10 05:03 PM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~WEEKLY CHALLENGES~*~

~*~Weekly Challenge and Photo Challenge~*~
These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS by midnight PST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

NEW RULE: If you take a pic of your computer screen because you do not have the item asked for in the weekly photo challenge you will only get half points for the picture of your computer screen. So if the challenge was originally worth 100 pts, you would get 50 pts; worth 50 pts, you would get 25 pts; etc.

7/26/10~7/31/10

PHOTOS
gorgeous grandma
chili or hot dog
FREE CHOICE- make it special
total= 250

WEEKLY CHALLENGE
I thought I would keep it simple and easy.
scraplift THREE people above your name on the players list

iheartaslan 0/11
codi2425 0/10
GentlewoodFarms 0/12
BJscrapsalot 0/5
senora_x 0/25
scrapinbabygal 0/15
amancuso 0/10
MelissaW 0/15
sugarcrystalz 0/30
Zolyshka 0/13
pjsarefuzzy 0/10
Shastess 0/20
scrapriguez 0/11
nattyteacher 0/15
Pookahbot 0/10
JMorales 0/5

MOTIVATIONAL
Lamoo12 0/6
MommaSaid 0/4
Ruthiez 0/10
Bubblegirl 0/20
Jordannichole 0/20
marciaray 0/15

7/19/10~7/25/10

Weekly
Use this poem as your inspiration. Make this layout about yourself for 350 points, about a special lady/girl in your life for 250 points.

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness..
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the
hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her
fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never
walk alone..
People, even more than things, have to be
restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and
redeemed; never throw out anyone.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you
will find one at the end of each of your arms.
As you grow older, you will discover that you
have two hands; one for helping yourself,
and the other for helping others.

wonderful poem Audrey Hepburn

Photos
Sunrise/set
Needle
Favorite Scrap Item/Tool
Street Sign
Yourself

7/12/10~7/18/10

I've been thinking about this site - Scrapbook dot com - and wondering about how it got started, so I did a little digging and came up with the founder. Her name is Jill Davis, and she founded this site in 1999, with help from her husband getting the site up and running. As it grew, her kids joined the project, and now it's the huge site that we all know, love, and share our projects on.

Your challenge this week is to visit Jill's gallery, choose one of her layouts, and scraplift it. I've asked Jill's permission, and she was delighted.

Here's the link to her projects.
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/206.html

Post your LO here for 300 points.
Send Jill a message with a link to your gallery lift for another 50 points.

Weekly Photos : 50 points each

Life
Love
Liberty
Passion
Happiness

7/5/10~7/11/10

Weekly Photos:

Fun
Fair
Flowers
Fly
Free

50 points each

Weekly Challenge

I've had the book Cut Loose: Break the Rules of Scrapbooking by Crystal Jeffrey Rieger for a while now. I decided to let it inspire me for this weeks challenge. We all have our own set of rules for scrapbook pages, and usually no one person has the same set of rules. That's the fabulous thing about scrapbooking, because there really ARE no rules. Take a look at the following rule-breaker challenges:

1. Every scrapbook page needs a title, photo, and journaling.
- Create a page using only a one-word title and a photo to tell the story.

2. Everything on a scrapbook page needs to be straight and perfect.
- Create a layout with a linear background and elements at various angles.

3. Always use a self-portrait to feature yourself on a page.
- Make a page about a personal habit without using a traditional self-portrait.

4. Photos should be cropped tightly around the subject.
- Use the "extra" space in a photo to write your journaling.

5. When using only one photo, the photo should be enlarged.
- Create a page with a small photo (3x5 or smaller) on top of a busy patterned paper.

6. Scrapbook page colors should come directly from your photos.
- Choose colors for your page based on what you want the photo to project. (Your photo must be in color.)

7. You should use symmetry to create visual balance on a scrapbook page.
- Create a layout with elements grouped on one side, using a line of color to ground the design.

8. You should use a visual triangle to create movement on a layout.
- Create a page that uses arrows to enhance repetitive elements.

9. Only beginners should create simple scrapbook pages.
- Create a symmetrical page limiting the supplies you use to five items.

10. Patterned paper must match.
- Choose three patterned papers with at least one shared color and crop them to the same size to use on your page. (Patterned paper may not be from same line, but may be from same manufacturer.)

11. Traditional scrapbookers should not make digital pages.
- Digitally recreate one of your paper layouts.

Decide which of these rules you'd like to break and make a page.
Pick 2 rules to break: 150 points
Pick 3 rules to break: 250 points
Each rule you break after 3 is worth 50 points, up to 2 rules, so the weekly is worth up to 350 points.

7/1/10~7/4/10

Weekly Challenge:

This weekend is the big release of Eclipse the third installment of the Twilight Saga. Let the books, movies inspire your layout! Worth 200 points

If you layout is actually about the movies or books and your um obsession with them bonus 150 points!

Photos:
Word Birthday
Cake
BBQ
Watermelon
Fireworks
Flag

worth 50 points each

Edited by iheartaslan on 07-26-10 05:17 PM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~MONTHLY CHALLENGE~*~

No one can deny the importance of food in life. It is what nourishes us, comforts us, satisfies us. There is a big place in our lives that is occupied by food. This month we are going to focus on FOOD: WHAT IT MEANS TO US.

Week 1

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. ~Harriet van Horne

Some people have a love/love relationship with food. Some people have a love/hate relationship. However you feel about food in general doesn't matter--I want you to tell us what about food it is that you love with abandon. Is it cooking the food? Finding healthy foods? Growing your own veggies? Eating that decadent dessert? Enjoying a favorite family recipe?

*For this week, do a LO about what part of "food" you love with abandon for +200 pts.
**Use the following sketch for a bonus of +50 pts.
Sketch for Crop Chocolate Chocolatier Launch By Iheartaslan
***Use the above Harriet van Horne quote on your LO for +50 pts.

Week 2

Hunger is the best sauce in the world. ~Cervantes

This week it is all about the recipes! Whether it is one of your own or has been in your family for years, showcase a favorite recipe on a LO. If you want to do 6x6 LOs, you can but remember 2 6x6s=1 LO, so you would have to do 2.
*Do the equivalent of one (1) LO featuring a recipie. +250 pts
**Finish the LO by Sunday July, 18, 2010 for +75 bonus points.
***Use the above Cervantes quote on your page for +50 pts.

Edited by iheartaslan on 07-12-10 09:00 AM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

HERE IS A BONUS POINTS OPPORTUNIY:
If you get your money in by the 5th of JULY take +300 pts,
if you get the money in to me by the 10th of JULY take +200 pts,
and if you get the money in to me by the 15th of JULY (the due date) take +100 pts!

~*~POINTS LIST~*~

LO, CARD, AND ALTERED PROJECT ITEM POINTS

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, pearl, button, staple, brad, paper clip, grommet, jewel, metal item
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT letters/numbers in title)
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch
- PER die-cut shape or punched shape

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 10 pts for each identical one)
- PER stamped image/word (not including individual letters or numbers)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER type/kind of ribbon or fiber or floss used
- PER 3D flower
- PER type of distressing
- PER color of ink, glimmer mist, or stickles
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER rub on shape or word(border, frame, flower,“love” etc. NOT individual letters or numbers)

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for using chipboard shapes or letters/numbers
- for creating a LO for a challenge on sb.com besides AGC (must tell what challenge it was created for)
- for using a punch
- for using stars on your LO
- for using stripes on your LO
- for using felt, foam, fabric, or metal items
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for using paint, chalk, or embossing on your layout or card
- for doodling
- for using non-scrapbook items on your page (includes memorabilia other than pics)
- for using the following themes: Christmas in July! (or just Christmas;) ); July 4th/ America /Family Gatherings; YOU
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12, 12x6) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER altered item created
- for machine sewing
- for using handmade embellishments made by YOU
- for using ghost shapes, ghost letters, or transparencies/overlays
- for putting embellies or journaling on the photograph
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com or using a sketch/pagemap (link the original page too, always possible even if it is just the link-that starts with cannot take points without link)

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than two months old
- PER black & white, sepia toned, or colored picture (ex. a pic made blue or purple)

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo LARGER than 4x6
- PER 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or SMALLER picture
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
-25 points for every 50 words over 400 (E.g. Total of 450 words would equal 425 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

2 POINTS:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to gallery and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any BLOG entry (MUST have a link to this forum) (no points for updating a blog entry that has already been written)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
- For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (max 3 times per day!)

Edited by iheartaslan on 07-01-10 04:31 AM. Reason for edit: Added Points List!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Challenge Volunteers! These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.
1.The weekly challenge cannot be worth more than 350 pts.
2.The daily challenges can only be worth 150 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.
3.The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO. Not a challenge that you must make a LO for that you wouldn't have made otherwise. But it CAN require you to make a whole LO for one challenge per week.
4.Picture challenges can only be worth up to 250 pts total added up for all pictures. There should not be more than 6 pictures for the weekly photo challenge.
5. You MUST post the challenge by 10 AM EST (which is 7AM PST) OR post the challenge the night before, preferably after 9PM your time.

****Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday!****
JULY
1-4 Shastess
5-11 MelissaW
12-18 GentlewoodFarms
19-25 Zolyshka
26-31 scrapinbabygal

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Megan Ann

hi again. due to vacations this month i'm going to sign up for motivation and 3 LOs.

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Lamoo12

Im in Megan!!! Going to set my goal at 5. Not sure yet how much timet here is for scrapping with a baby in the house. LOL Working on getting her a play area setup in the scrap room though.

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to BJscrapsalot

BJ, congrats again on your "new" baby girl! Looking at your siggy it looks like she will soon be a year old! Oh my where does time go? I'm looking forward to seeing some pics/layouts of her!

You know I'm in again! We are planning a vacation for sometime this month but I'm going to challenge myself again and say 25! I need all the push I can get!

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to DesertScrapper

HEY EVERYBODY!!

ARE WE READY TO GET THIS PARTY STARTED???

I am!! Megan I would LOVE to do a week of challenges and put me down for 15 LOs

Now we are need to do some PROMOTING of this fabulous challenge that keeps us motivated

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to scrapinbabygal

Ok last month was a big flop for me with vacation and them some personal things going on. But I'm ready to get back in action. I'll play for points and my gaol is 10 please!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

I'm trying to come out the other end of health nonsense, so... I'm unofficially officially playing until I feel 100% and can say that I am officially officially playing.

....In a way that makes more sense, please put me down as motivational for now; the standard 4 LO's are my goal. Hopefully, I'll be perfectly healthy by July 10th to play for real.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to MommaSaid

Does anyone else think the above reads like I've watched Charlie and The Chocolate Factory too often lately?

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to MommaSaid

Anne!

Please count me in and put me down for my standard 15. It seems to be about all I can stretch of myself right now. Summer is busier than I expected!

Also, I'd love to do a week of challenges as well.

sugarcrystalz
Diva
sugarcrystalz
In response to MelissaW

I'm definitely in! I'll say 30- hopefully July is less busy than June was!

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to sugarcrystalz

I know the feeling Melissa! I am GO GO GO non stop now that it is summer!!

And i did my standard 15 as well

Zolyshka
Idol
Zolyshka

Hi! I'm in too. Put me down for 13 please.

Thanks Megan! I would like to try at a week of challenges if you need me...

pjsarefuzzy
Veteran
pjsarefuzzy
In response to Zolyshka

Hi! New to the Anything Goes Challenge but excited to try it out! I'm signing up for 10 LOs and have sent payment through Paypal (I'll PM you the email it should be coming from). Thanks for doing this!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to pjsarefuzzy

looking forward to seeing the challenges. I am sooo excited to get back into my scrapping world. And, I have now officialy done 2 pages so far this year!! I will try to post pics tomorrow to share.

Page 1 of 44 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics