Username Post: Cinch vs BIA        (Topic#1537685)
KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee

This may have been posted somewhere else...

Besides the price difference, why is 1 better than the other?

I'd like to make a bunch of books for Xmas gifts for the grandparents...and beyond!

Thanks for your input!

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to KayMCee

I've never used the Cinch as I have a Bind it all, but I love mine - it's so easy to use!

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to SuperAllyFan

I also have never tried the cinch but I love my BIA! Had it since day one & now teach classes for it.

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to scrapalooza

Add on question -
how do I choose the wire size? Does it depend on the size/# of pages of the book/project?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to KayMCee

The size of the wire depends on how thick you want your book. I would LOVE to see the wire in 1 1/2 or 2 inch but the largest they have is 1" (I think). You can get LOTS of colors too!

I think I'd like the cinch but I already have the bind it all and don't need to spend money on another binding system

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Seaexplore

BIA does 1 and 1/4 inch wire

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to SuperAllyFan

I have the cinch and I LOVE it. It is easy to use.....I wouldn't say one was better than the other; I think it depends on preference IMHO. I personally like the round holes, I like being able to turn on and off pegs, I like that I can lay my project flat. I like that I really don't have to measure.....I like that it is portable and the size.

ddaly60
Veteran
ddaly60
In response to HisGEM

I had the BIA and sold it, I liked it but needed the money and thought I would not miss it, But I do, But I am loving the look of the Cinch so I am going to get that one

Mrs Barbara
Tenant
Mrs Barbara
In response to ddaly60

I am also comparing the two. My biggest issues are the option with the cinch to swith off the pegs. I really like the bia holes being square, but the cinch looks like a more versitle product. I'm interested to see what else gets said though. I think they are both great products, maybe we should just buy BOTH

Mrs. Woods
Veteran
Mrs. Woods
In response to Mrs Barbara

Here is a good review on the Cinch.

http://www.karleekrafts.com/2010/06/cinch-review.html

random_machy
New Kid On the Block
random_machy
In response to Mrs. Woods

i think the BindItALL is much more better than the Cinch because:
- it is hard to line up the punches with the cinch
- hard to adjust the Owire
BUT, the cinch has some positives:
- ability to choose which holes to punch
- it has a threading station
by the way i got this from karleekrafts.com
hope this HELPS

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to random_machy

Thanks for all the feedback! I think I'm going to select the BIA. Was given a gift card for Archiver$ for my bday and will use the 30% off coupon to bring it home. Happy shopping!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to random_machy

• random_machy Said:
i think the BindItALL is much more better than the Cinch because:
- it is hard to line up the punches with the cinch
- hard to adjust the Owire
BUT, the cinch has some positives:
- ability to choose which holes to punch
- it has a threading station
by the way i got this from karleekrafts.com
hope this HELPS

I'm sorry but it is not hard to line up or adjust the wire. The machine takes the guess work out of measuring....

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to HisGEM

Does anyone know which has a smaller footprint? Desk space is valuable around here! Also, are the bindings interchangeable with each other's machine?

Thanks,
Cindy

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to cindy312

BIA has a WAY smaller footprint!

Fleursbydesign
Resident
Fleursbydesign
In response to Seaexplore

I have a Bind-It-All and I love it! I love that it is smaller and more portable for my classes and that there is a greater selection of Owires in lots of sizes and colors. It's really sturdy and punches through just about anything. I also prefer the rectangle shape punch as the pages slide more easily on the Owires.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to HisGEM

You never have to measure anything with the Bind It All. You do have to count pegs and pull and push pegs in for the Cinch but with the Bind It All the settings are the same whether the book is 6" long or 84".

Most people like to decorate all their pages and then bind and you CAN do that with the Bind It All. But with the Cinch, if I put bulky stuff on my page, it would not sit properly in the machine.

I don't know how the Cinch is portable--it is like dragging around a 12x12 album with you everywhere. And there is no bag for it. It's HUGE!

A long time ago I made the decision to buy a Bind It All and it is probably one of the best crafting decisions I have ever made. It has saved me so much money, it is portable and easy to take to classes, the company stands behind its product 100%, it costs $25 less than the Cinch, Zutter has released LOADS of companion products that work with the Bind It All so that you can get so much more bang for your buck out of your machine.

I am a really skeptical crafter -- I don't like spending a lot of money on tools and if I do, that tool better the best darn thing I have ever bought. The Bind It All has never let me down and has saved me more money than I can count! Plus for pennies I can create AWESOME gifts for people using my Bind It All. It is the bestest!!

Especially if money is an issue for those of you looking for a binding machine, wouldn't it be more prudent to save $25 and get a machine that has been on the market for nearly 4 years and has a proven track record? With that $25 you could get a couple boxes of O-Wires (which appear to be on sale right now) and some other cool accessories to get you started.

Hope that helps you in making your decision!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics