Page 2 of 22 
Username Post: Pregnant Ladies United 20        (Topic#1537961)
Noli1980
Diva
Noli1980
In response to Seaexplore

Hi all,
Nolan is now two weeks old last friday!! He is so big, and so sweet. I noticed I am still on the top list. I had him on June 18th.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to Noli1980

Just got back from my first scan The munchkin is measuring 2.38cm, heart rate 175bpm and I'm 9 weeks 1 day!!!

It was so exciting lol, I can't wait to get my next one in September

My EDD is Feb 7th, 2011

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Ashley congrats!!
its so fun to see the little ones on the screen.

i'm sorry i will have to try remember names here
i believe it was Chrissy who was having cramping adn lower back pain better to be safe then sorry!!

ia m now havign to go in every 2 weeks for ultrasounds and a dr appts. dr is thinking 30-32 weeks i will be put on bedrest did i already say that on here?? sorry just got back from outta town adn trying to get caught up here i;m so tired i cant think straight anymore

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Briannasmom

Bed rest huh? Good and bad. I would LOVE to be pulled at the end of my first semester at the end of Dec. but that would mean burning thru ALL my saved up sick leave. We need my full check to pay the bills so I have to try to NOT use disability if at all possible since it's only like 60% of my regular pay which is HORRID. DH doesn't work, he's a full time student. Should be interesting around these parts.

I go for my first sonogram tomorrow. Should find out how far along I am. So far I've just been guessing, I *think* I'm about 8 weeks today/tomorrow. We'll see. Kinda excited. DH is going with me too. He's gonna pass out since he doesn't do well with things INSIDE the body.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

LOL Tiffany mine stared at the screen with a frightened confused look but calmed down after the tech promised there was only one in there!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

oh yes bedrest. with my first one i had preterm labor and was put on bedrest she was 6 weeks early. a few weeks back i went into labor and delivery due to some cramping lower back pain and alot of pressure said i was soft but still closed and long so i;m not diluating yet but dr thinks i will deliver early again and bedrest again for me. we have already talked about doing the shot to help baby's lungs so its ready when i do go. i;m thinkign my water will break again early.
last one for us too many problems

Ashley LOL on your dh calming down after he was told there was only 1. i was hoping fro 2 since i wanted 3 kids but i got 1. still happy though.

Tiffany good luck with dh!!

ScrappyChrissy
Expert
ScrappyChrissy

Need to vent: I went to my Dr. yesterday for a US and regular check up. I wanted to know about hospital Sat. and had some other questions for him. He comes into the room and I tell him about the ER and he says nothing and immediately berates me for my weight gain (13 lbs. and I'm 6 months). He was awful. He kept accusing me of drinking juice (sorry I only drink water and hot tea). Even my sister was taken aback. Needless to say he never answered my questions. He did give me a script for Protonix but he never filled out completely so the pharmacist had to wait for his office to call. Everytime we go it is so rushed. I am not happy with this Dr. Should I just deal with it until after the baby is born and then find someone else. Advice appreciated here.

Ashley Congratulations!! I hope you feel better now.

Mandi do what you gotta do to take care of you and your baby. I hope you have a laptop so you can still be connected while you are laid up!

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to ScrappyChrissy

13 lbs for 6 months isn't bad....weird. Do you have a history of diabetes or something that you would have to be extra careful??

Can you change doctors? If it is easy, I would change.

lossy
lossy 
Guru
lossy
  • lossy on 07-07-10 09:27 AM

• ScrappyChrissy Said:
Need to vent: I went to my Dr. yesterday for a US and regular check up. I wanted to know about hospital Sat. and had some other questions for him. He comes into the room and I tell him about the ER and he says nothing and immediately berates me for my weight gain (13 lbs. and I'm 6 months). He was awful. He kept accusing me of drinking juice (sorry I only drink water and hot tea). Even my sister was taken aback. Needless to say he never answered my questions. He did give me a script for Protonix but he never filled out completely so the pharmacist had to wait for his office to call. Everytime we go it is so rushed. I am not happy with this Dr. Should I just deal with it until after the baby is born and then find someone else. Advice appreciated here.

Ashley Congratulations!! I hope you feel better now.

Mandi do what you gotta do to take care of you and your baby. I hope you have a laptop so you can still be connected while you are laid up!

At 22w I had gained 18 lbs total. I would look for a new dr NOW. your questions should be answered even IF you did gain more weight then he wants you too

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to lossy

Chrissy i'd say if you can find a new dr asap!! you should feel comfortable with your dr adn beable to get some answers to your questions no half a$$ stuff thats awful. good luck!!

i gained 14 lbs total so far and i;m 23 weeks so i'm sure you are fine with the weight.

i do have a laptop and i will be trying to get some small scrappy stuff together I can do plus books to read and lots of movies and such from netflix.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Went to the Dr. today and he checked me and no dilation at all yet, I'm a bit surprised. My due date is Saturday, I would think there would be something going on in there!
Chrissy, I would be looking into another Dr. if I were you. You want to feel comfortable and to feel like you can ask any ?s at any time. So sorry that you were treated so badly!!! The practice I go to I see all the Drs there but there is one guy who I think is a jerk and doesn't take any time at all, so I just request not to have any of my appts with him.
I heard that Becky might have had her baby. She hasn't checked in on another thread I am on with her in a few days, so maybe some new baby news soon!!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to GinnyHughes

i was just thinkign the same thing about Becky she isnt in another thread with me as well. ic ant wait I;m so excited for her

Ginny wow really nothing well i hope you get something in the next few days so it gets everything going. i hear having them start your labor sucks i wouldnt know but I hear it sucks.

ScrappyChrissy
Expert
ScrappyChrissy

Thank you ladies for your advice. I am going to be checking out some other Drs affiliated with that hospital No diabetes just the fact that the Drs. said I would never be pregnant.

I noticed Becky hadn't been around so maybe she had her baby

Ginny I'm praying stuff starts happening for you and for everything to be safe!

Amanda How are you feeling?

ScrappyChrissy
Expert
ScrappyChrissy

Mandi Can you pm me your snail mail addy?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

hi girls- went to my sonogram today. I THOUGHT I was 8 weeks or so, the baby measured at 6 weeks and no heartbeat. I have to go see the doc tomorrow. I'm just a BIT freaked out at the moment. I'm guessing I will be losing it based on the size compared to what I thought based on last period. I'm HOPEFUL that isn't the case. Won't know until tomorrow. Had a freak out in the car today with DH (who was there for my sonogram) and just melted down crying. He's scared too. He'll be there tomorrow with me. Hopefully I'll have good news. Either way, I'll be back to check in tomorrow.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss

I may be leaving sooner rather than later. I had my 36 week appointment today and my BP is high and I had protien in my urine. Doc sent me for a blood test and I will get results tomorrow. Best case senario- on bed rest. Worst case- will have to go in to be induced asap. I will keep you posted!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to amandahugandkiss

oh Tiffany I;m so sorry to hear that take it easy sweetie hang in there 1 more day to see how everything goes. i'm sure this is very scary for you both!!! thoughts and prayers!!!

Amanda let us know what the blood test results are. will be thinking of you as well

Chrissy sending you a pm now!!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

Tiffany, I'm thinking about you hun and wishing the best for you

Amanda, I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow too Do you see your own doctor? I'm not sure if BC is like Alberta, we have to go to the maternity clinic for pre-natal, regular doc for anything else.

Chrissy, what a jerk!!! I hope you find a new doc soon

Ginny, keep us posted! Hoping baby decides to make an appearance sooner rather than later

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

Tiffany, I am keeping you in my thoughts, I hope for good news for you and your DH today!!!!! I have had ultrasounds be off by a couple weeks, so it is not out of the question that you are just not as far along as you thought.
Amanda, hoping things go well for you today as well. Keep us posted!
I had about an hour of good contractions last night. The real kind, they started in my back and went down my legs, so hopefully that will jump start something.
I hope everyone is else is feeling good!

ScrappyChrissy
Expert
ScrappyChrissy
In response to GinnyHughes

I started baby's first year album! So exciting!

Tiffany I am praying for you and DH.
Amanda I am praying for you as well.

Ginny That's great! Keep us posted.

Page 2 of 22 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics