Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: I-Rock        (Topic#1538133)
momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys

The I-rock gems, has anyone used them that can give me there insight on them, I just seen a video on them and they look really cool, and Id love to buy them, but would like to get a few options first

TIA

Linda

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to momofthreeboys

I don't have the irock but I do have an older craft tool that is the same thing & I love mine! I use it all the time. The gems have adhesive on the back & the tool melts them onto whatever project you are working on.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to scrapalooza

I've seen this before in the superstore and it looks really cool... but I don't have it so I guess I didn't really answer your question!

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to Jordannichole

thanks ladies for your replys. I may check hl and jo's first, too see if they have them first, b4 buying them here.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to momofthreeboys

I got it!

Ok, so far I really like it! The gems are CHEAP and I have already used the toll to do other stuff besides adhere the gems. The colors of the gemms are great.

You need tweezers to pick them up and put then where you want, then just push the button and press on the gem, the glues melts a little under the gem you can sort of feel it, it gets squishy.

Then it is DOWN, there is NO MOVING IT!

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 07-05-10 07:52 AM
In response to Manda_K

I guess I don't really understand this thing? So the stones have glue on them and the tool heats it up? I guess I just don't get why one would need this when there are so many kinds of already sticky bling available? You said they don't move so does than mean you can use them on just about anything? I can definately see the allure of that.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Hev

Well, the gems are way cheaper, that was a factor...I have trouble with some adhesive sticking to the pearls instead of packaging. And you can use the tool for other stuff that you want to burn. I think it is good in addition to pre-adhesived bling. (Still not giving up Prima or Kaiser bling.)

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to Manda_K

That is another reason id like to have this set, for the pre adhesive, I like the patterns u can buy to set ur bling different ways. I just think this way i wont have trouble with my bling falling off my lo's and will be much easyier and faster to set them.

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
Well, the gems are way cheaper, that was a factor...I have trouble with some adhesive sticking to the pearls instead of packaging. And you can use the tool for other stuff that you want to burn. I think it is good in addition to pre-adhesived bling. (Still not giving up Prima or Kaiser bling.)

Wasnt quiet sure what the prima and kaiser bling were, went and looked at those. once I seen them I knew what they were, just havent ever used them, those are really pretty, really love the prima pearls.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 07-05-10 09:01 AM
In response to Manda_K

Thanks for the info Manda. I just looked at the stuff in the store here. The tool itself is a lot cheaper than I expected. And the price for the stones is really good I think. So what else do you burn with it?

And I have to say that pic of Adam with his bling makes me think of a bunch of screaming girls chasing him with their irocks! Not that he needs any help in the bling department! lol

Mrs. Woods
Veteran
Mrs. Woods
In response to Hev

I believe you can use it on fabric too!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Hev

• Hev Said:
Thanks for the info Manda. I just looked at the stuff in the store here. The tool itself is a lot cheaper than I expected. And the price for the stones is really good I think. So what else do you burn with it?

And I have to say that pic of Adam with his bling makes me think of a bunch of screaming girls chasing him with their irocks! Not that he needs any help in the bling department! lol

LOL!! No, we don't want to burn him!!

I have already burned paper edges with it and I plan on doing some other distress techniques! Once I get that down, I will share!

You get so many jewels for the price!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

And, oh yeah, since you heat set it, you can put in on anything pretty much!

queenofstash
Expert
queenofstash
In response to Manda_K

That looks really cool! Enablers! Who carries these products? Don't want to pay an arm and leg for shipping and handling.

mmlsweet
Idol
mmlsweet
In response to queenofstash

well OMC has a deal on the tool with a stencil set and some blings.
And sometimes the adhesive blings I've worked with in the past do NOT stay put!
Also there is an applicator that looks like a lip gloss tool and that is what you use to pick up the gems and they have some really great stencils out there you can adhere these Irocks to several surfaces.
Mine is on order from.. another place because of the packaged deal they offered and my local HL and M's does not carry it yet.
I'm gonna have fun with this tool! Bling my world!

Ashley_Jenna
Resident
Ashley_Jenna
In response to mmlsweet

I really want one of these. I love adding pearls to layouts and this would make that nice and easy.

Do any of the big box crafts stores carry it yet?

married05
Idol
married05
In response to Ashley_Jenna

Anyone found this in stores yet? I just called M's and J's with no luck. OMC is out of it online.

Expert
In response to married05

I actually seen it at my M's. I haven't gotten it yet though.
My question is do you have to use their brand of rhinestones with it or can you use any hotfix rhinestones? Does anyone know?

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to scrappy_day

What is OMC?

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

The i-rock is identical to the tulip brand of hot fix tools which I've seen at JoAnns. I don't recommend either.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics