Username Post: Help please, asap        (Topic#1538165)
Jerzgirl
Veteran
Jerzgirl

I need to make a lo of this it is only about 3 1/2 by about 4ins. and not sure where to start, this is all I have. . .and have been tring different things all day. It is for an album for my niece who got married on feb.14, but did not use a valentine theme. I already did here engagedment lo. So, I have no pic or anything to put with it.. . also any paper collections that you would recomend who be great, I am also shopping for wedding and purple items.
Thanks so much...

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/107519/view /2820813/...

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Jerzgirl

do you have to stay within that size? Can you move up to a 8x8 album? What ws the theme of the wedding? Or is it just purle/silver/white?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Just G on 07-05-10 10:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to Jerzgirl

What if you use a sketch and treat it like a photo? You can use "Save the Date" for a large title to take up space. Here are a few possibilities.

12DaysofSketchesDay3Sketc h By Jamariel
Sketch 02 By Amarilys

Jerzgirl
Veteran
Jerzgirl
In response to Just G

Oh, sorry, the heart is that size, my album is 12x12. The wedding was on Valentine's Day, but she didn't use that theme. Her colors were purple, mostly a deep purple, the flowers had some lighter purples. And the rest was white.
Thanks for you for replying so quickly.:)

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Jerzgirl

go for purple black, pearl, silver and white embellis

Jerzgirl
Veteran
Jerzgirl
In response to Just G

Thanks momany: love the sketches. i printed them out...

Jerzgirl
Veteran
Jerzgirl
In response to Just G

Thanks, i do have some pearl embellishments in my cart, but not much silver in my stach or cart. . .maybe time to add to cart....lol...

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace
In response to Jerzgirl

JAs has a great pp of deep purple hydrangas. I used it for some of my wedding los. You can go in my gallery in my wedding album, although my colors were green and violet. I'm pretty sure they still carry it.

I had issues finding the right type of deep purples! They either went too warm or too cool! lol Course...I have issues with colors. My art teacher brain just can't let alone!

B/c the heart is so small, you might end up with lots of paper layering behind it and some definite negative space. Like other people said, check out some sketches and treat the heart like a photo!

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 07-05-10 12:19 PM
In response to Samothrace

Maybe put a doily under it? Or somehow mat it or set it apart. Otherwise, it may become lost on a 12x12 layout.

The suggestion to treat it like a single photo is a good one. If you have some layouts saved that you like that use one photo, you might scraplift one of those.

Veteran
In response to Jerzgirl

You could also have a pretty calendar page (for the month of February) to take up more room on the main page - maybe 1/4 the size of the total page. Have a tiny heart outline (exact same shape as your heart item) around the '14' on Feb 14, then have a few heart outlines in graduating sizes shooting upwards and to the right where you would put your Save the Date. Have the smallest heart outline on the calendar and have them gradually growing bigger and bigger to the 3 x 4 size of your itme - so it sort of looks like your heart is springing up from the date; or like you see the 'tail' behind a shooting star. You could add some flourishes or a bit of journalling in the top left and bottom right corners of your big page. Hope that gives you some ideas. Good luck!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SunnyAB

oh my, this is my dream, lol,,,,,I love single photos,,,,I'd use lots of flowers in the color scheme to sort of "hug" the heart,,,,and several crystal and pearl flourishes artfully arranged around,,,,,,How about one of those stickpins that seems so popular with pearls the color of the wedding colors,,,,bride's lace would be gorgeous, and you could mist it with silver or gold glimmer mist,,,,,,Have you checked out the Once Upon a Time stack by DCWV,,,,,there are some gorgeous colors in that stack,,,,,

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics