Username Post: Clarify distressing and inking?!        (Topic#1538287)
Ashlovely
Pro
Ashlovely

Hi! I'm still sort of new to all the different techniques you can use for making new pages. There are a couple of things that I am really curious to know about. Like what those items are used for and how they are applied.
Like what are the Alcohol Inks for? Are they to be used to refill ink pads such as the "distress ink pad"
The "distress" ink pad info says: fade resistant, water-based dye inks. They’re perfect for the new vintage, stained, aged effect crafters are creating in their altered books, scrapbook pages, cards and paper craft projects. "
I understand that part, but it looks like the ink pads are swirly with other colors ... (haha) so how do you apply that particular ink to create vintage or aged effects?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Again, there are just so many techniques and supplies, I get a little overwhelemd. Thanks!~

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Ashlovely

make sure you check out the resources tab up top, there are tons of articles, vidoes, tutorials, etc about these products already made up for you!

Also, visit Tim Holtz's blog, a lot of info there as well

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Here Kitty

http://www.scrapbook.com/tips/tech/272.html

Ashlovely
Pro
Ashlovely

Thank you sooooooooo much Amy! I didnt see that form. I'll go ahead and start up my homework-reading :P

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Ashlovely

sure! Have fun browsing through everything!

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 07-08-10 06:43 AM

• Quote:
Like what are the Alcohol Inks for? Are they to be used to refill ink pads such as the "distress ink pad"

Inks are confusing! Alcohol inks look like refills, but they are not and they are different from distress inks. You shouldn't use alcohol inks as a refill for distress pads. You can buy "reinkers" specifically made for the distress ink pads.

handmeastamp
Resident
handmeastamp
In response to Ashlovely

Oh goodie...this is my kind of topic! I have tons of stuff on my blog, and YouTube, and would be happy to answer any questions you have!

While Alcohol Inks should NOT be used to refill your Distress Ink pads, they are a TON of fun! No joke!

Tim Holtz also has some great video tutorials!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics