Username Post: Secret pull tabs on layouts        (Topic#1538481)
bravenole35
Tenant
bravenole35

On a number of layouts that I've seen in the gallery, people have used a "pull tab" that someone can pull and read a caption or a saying or something else like that. How do you make those? It's such a cute idea and I would love to try it on my next page!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bravenole35

Hi! I just posted a layout with the pull tab a few days ago. In my gallery i is the 20,000 Leagues right side. On that one, I just added a back page that was the same size as the front. I measured where the pull out fit & the size of it & made sure I put the adhesive around where it fit. I also left extra room in case I messed up. I put a cardstock tab that I made by folding rectangle. Some people use those metal tabs. Or you can use a ribbon loops.

pull up page

Edited by anda11 on 07-10-10 06:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I know how to put the layout in my post. I have done it lots of times. For some reason, I can't seem to do it correctly.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to anda11

Is this the one you wanted posted??!!
Disney 20,000 Leagues under the sea Right about 166 brads By Anda11

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

That is a really cool LO - i love the circle photos!!

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to bravenole35

I've done a couple of elaborate ones, but for the one below, I was in a rush. I just wrote the info. on a piece of cardstock that was smaller than the photo it was hiding under. I put the glue underneath in a "U" so that the card would be "stopped" from sliding under the photo. Then i just wrote "Pull Tab" and added arrows.
Dear Old Golden Rule Days By Leslief

Hope this helps!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to leslief

If you use page protectors, it helps if you cut a slit in the protector, extending the tab slightly so people can pull it out to read (unless it's a private note, of course). That way they don't have to pull the layout from the protector.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 07-10-10 01:13 PM
In response to dwelch

If you are talking about small pull out tags, I very often include these on my layouts, most commonly underneath a photo.

The most important thing to remember is to create a pocket on the back of the photo before adhering the photo on the layout. Seal three sides and leave one side open for the tag. Make the pocket a little wider than the tag but less deep (not as tall as the tag). That way, the tag can't slide all the way in and get lost.

I usually add a ribbon to the tag so that it's clear to the viewer that he/she should pull out the tag to read the hidden journaling.

In your design, you should consider the space that the peeking-out part of the tag will take on your page and design that as part of the page. In other words, don't think of the page design as having a completely hidden tag, but rather a slightly poking out one.

Here's an example of a tag in a pocket under a photo.

Snowbody Melts My Heart By IzzyB

One more, though this tag isn't very hidden - at all! But it does slide into a pocket under the photo.

2 Months Old By IzzyB

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to IzzyB

you can also create hidden journaling and space for attached tags behind doors,,,,

if you score the photo mat to create a hinge and then adhere only the hinge, the door will open,,,,,you can tie closed with ribbons or use small magnets to close,,,,,

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes/Secret door closed. By CommaHolly
A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes/ 2nd photo shows the secret door open. By CommaHolly

Rose Princess By CommaHolly

married05
Idol
married05
In response to CommaHolly

I just used a tab punch and adhered it to a small piece of cardstock. When I adhered the picture I left space for the strip to go behind.

Wedding Vows Page Left Side By Married05

Wedding Vows Layout Left Side with Hidden Journaling By Married05
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics