Username Post: Looking for an adhesive to apply glitter to chipboard letters        (Topic#1538495)
VintageDutchGirl
Tenant
VintageDutchGirl

Well the subject pretty much explains what I'm looking for...I need a good adhesive so I can spice up my plain white chipboard letters with loose glitter. Any suggestions?

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to VintageDutchGirl

diamond Glaze or Glossy Accents are fun because you can also put a coating on top of the glitter and it looks like glitter epoxy.

Otherwise, you can use Stickles glitter glue too

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to Here Kitty

What Here Kitty said!

If you want to use loose glitter, glossy accents does the trick, but stickles glitter glue is pretty awesome as well...

VintageDutchGirl
Tenant
VintageDutchGirl
In response to Jordannichole

Thanks!! I was actually looking at the stickles online today and I think that's what I'm going to go with...thanks for the feedback!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Another trick is to pour glitter into a Tidy Tray, run the chipboard upside down through your Xyron, and then put the sticky-side down into the glitter.

handmeastamp
Resident
handmeastamp

If you get the Distress Stickles, you can heat dry them to speed up the drying time AND you they look more like glass glitter (because they're made of mica). Have fun!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to handmeastamp

Another vote for running the chipboard through the Xyron, than applying glitter.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics