Username Post: Stickles        (Topic#1538699)
hollyeliza
Tenant
hollyeliza

what are stickles? i hear a lot about them but have no idea what they are or what they look like and most importantly how its used.

sassysharyn
Veteran
sassysharyn
In response to hollyeliza

Stickles are glitter glue, but better. They have a good tip for covering chipboard, doodling, and adding sparkle to flowers and other embelishments. They are a lot of fun to use and come in a bunch of colors, some in a distress "finish".

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to sassysharyn

101 Ways To Use Stickles

http://www.scrapbook.com/tips.php?mode=doc&id=35661

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KellyCali

They are awesome glitter glue, as stated before, but they have incredible control due to the nozel,,,,,,I store mine upside down so the nozzel doesn't get clogged and they always have glue in the nozel,,,,,I tend to use them more on cards than on LO's,,,,,if I were you, I'd buy a single bottle of crystal or ice, something white (it shows a bit of color through and adds a bit of sparkle) to see if you like it before you invest in tons of colors! Sometimes if you have to order it though, it makes no sense to pay loads of shipping charges for one bottle,,,,,,

momofthreeboys
Veteran
momofthreeboys
In response to CommaHolly

Has anyone used the Ice Stickles yet? Ive seen these but not sure what the differents is? And what about the distress one? I just have the basic ones, which I love. just not sure about these.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to momofthreeboys

I love stickles on handmade flowers, especially Diamond, it dries clear so you get the volor as well as the sparkle!

Distress stickles have larger glitter pieces in it, so the nozzle is a little bigger. They come out a lot faster-so if you're not careful you can end up with a big ol' blob! With the bigger pieces you seem to get more shine and when it dries distress stickles look-well-distressed! Not entirely sure how to discribe it better...

handmeastamp
Resident
handmeastamp
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hello!
I just wanted to clarify for everyone what the difference is between regular Stickles and Distress Stickles.

Distress Stickles are great because they aren't made of glitter, but instead of mica bits (which is why they ahve a bigger nozzle opening). That means they can be heat dried with out blistering! Also, they should be applied in a thin layer, not a thick layer like regular Stickles.

I don't know what I'd do without my Stickles!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to hollyeliza

I love my Stickles -- both the diamond and the black. I use it a lot! Once you get some, you will, too!

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 07-15-10 01:31 PM
In response to meezerpleaser

I love crystal, diamond, black diamond and distress stickles. I could really do without the rest the majority of the time. I love the "clear" ones that give projects a nice shine. Crystal has hints of pink and blue while diamond has hints of yellow and orange. The Distress Stickles are great for covering large areas with a thin coat. Love them!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to CASBa

I bought 5 different bottles of stickles a little while back (The online store was closing; couldn't beat the price) and just used them. They are better than glitter glue (I thought they were the same, but cost more) but to my surprise they are great!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to momofthreeboys

• momofthreeboys Said:
Has anyone used the Ice Stickles yet? Ive seen these but not sure what the differents is? And what about the distress one? I just have the basic ones, which I love. just not sure about these.

Do you mean the GLITZ stickles??? I think ICE is a color (white),,,,,although I could be wrong, it's been a while since I bought any,,,,,

if you mean GLITZ stickles, they are supposed to have more glitter in them, but honestly, I don't notice much of a difference HTH!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Distress Stickles rock, I have regular ones and Ice ones, they are about the same.

But I use my Distress Stickles ALL THE TIME!

Tenant
In response to Manda_K

I like Stardust, but it's a little hard to find. Not a lot of pink, blue or yellow, but lots of sparkle.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to Schokoküsse

Didn't Tim Holtz do the Distress stickles?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Jordannichole

Yes, Distress Stickles are Tim Holtz.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Manda_K

i saw the ones he's releasing after CHA!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to moxiegirl23

don't just leave us HANGING Liz!!!!!!! what what WHAT???

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

12 new distress colors. I don't know if there will be any new regular colors or not, but if you go to the ranger ink site, you can see the new colors.

new liquid pearls, too.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to moxiegirl23

cool! Thanks,,,though I haven't even TRIED the distress stickles yet,,,and I don't care for liquid pearls,,,,,

yeah, I know, I'm weird.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics