Username Post: Help with choosing Cutting system        (Topic#1538743)
New Kid On the Block

I am looking to buy a cutting system. I don't do a lot of scrapbooking, but I do create banners, cards, labels, stickers, and personalized items. I have seen a few things, but just wanted the "expert's" opinion on the best cutting system available.

Help!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-14-10 12:01 PM
In response to pinkmomto3

If you go up to the tab labeld search and type in diecutting systems you will get back a ton of threads about them.

HappyDutchScrapGirl
Resident
HappyDutchScrapGirl
In response to KimKV

I love my Cricut Expression!

Catherine Pooler
Resident
Catherine Pooler
In response to HappyDutchScrapGirl

I love my Big Shot.
You can see some things I've been working on here.

http://www.catherinepooler.com/category/big-shot-pro jec...

My favorite dies are my alphabets, the Top Note, Scallop Circles and squares...use them a ton!

married05
Idol
married05
In response to Catherine Pooler

I love my Cricut! (I'm hoping to upgrade to the Expression - I still have the "baby bug".) Easy to use and the cartridges have really come down in price. I've won several on ebay for less than $18!

If you're interested check out tutorials for using the Cricut and awesome projects on Robyn (the Pink Stamper)'s blog. www.mypinkstamper.com. You can also see what's on every cartridge in the cartridge library on cricut.com.
Products Referenced in This Post:

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-15-10 06:39 PM
In response to Catherine Pooler

There is no one best system. Depends on your needs, your abilities, what limitations you're willing to put up with and what you're not, how much money you're willing to spend now and how much in the future, do you want to buy ready-made images or do you want to design your own, do you need machine that cuts 12" wide or will a smaller machine work, do you need something that will just cut paper or do you need it cut materials like chipboard or fabric? There are several options, each slightly different, none of them are bad.

I myself have a Gazelle, which I absolutely adore, and a Sizzix Texture Boutique for embossing.

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to stick

The Cricut Expression is on sale at Menard's for $178 (includes Plantin Schoolbook). I believe 4 additional carts are also available for $22.50.
I believe the sale is today through Sunday.
If you want one, now's the time to get it!

...This was mentioned in another post under 'General' I believe.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to KayMCee

Another vote for Cricut Expression! I also have a cuttlebug for embossing...I like the Xyron Creatopia because it is an all-in-one machine!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to HisGEM

I'm a fan of the Cricut for electronic and the Sizzix for manual.

If there is a Local Scrapbook Store(LSS) near you, I suggest going there and trying the machines they might have for use in their Crop room. Or find out what other crafting friends own and see if they will let you try their machines.

dawnheimsath
Veteran
dawnheimsath
In response to pinkmomto3

I use the Cricut Expression. I am very happy with it. Can get cartridges fairly reasonable on Ebay.

New Kid On the Block
In response to dawnheimsath

I have a cuttlebug and sizzix and cricut expression. I bought the cuttlebug because I did not have much money several years ago and wanted a good die cutting machine. It never disappointed me until quickcuts put a die out it would not cut. So with the Bigz dies I upgraded to a Sizzix big shot I got on clearance. I love it and still use it and the cuttlebug. The expression I received as a gift and I love it. I enjoy all of them for their purpose and the price range is pretty far apart. Sizzix dies can be bought faily cheap at Sizzixoutlet.com and they run sales on the dies not at the outlet store often. Cricut cartridges someone mentioned ebay already. I hope this helps.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to ardpfan

Love my big shot sizzix. It's got for me I have a craft robo and never use it

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sneezy1956

I have a cricut expression that I really like and also a sizzix that I use, but not as often because it's more pieces to take with me when I'm scrapping..which is usually away from home!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics