Username Post: I have a problem with patterned papers...        (Topic#1538799)
New Kid On the Block

I can't decide which packs to choose! I seriously love almost all the pp from Basic Grey!

I usually like the earth tones the best, but I like some of their eye-popping color packs too. Like Oliver and Olivia.

I have 2 sons and 2 daughters that I will be doing LOs of, so I'm having trouble choosing where to start.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 07-15-10 01:27 PM
In response to Ellowyn

Maybe buy 1 pack that is more neutral and 1 that is brighter so you can mix and match a few bright colors in at a time rather than doing an entirely bright layout. It is hard to prioritize paper packs some times. I think even the most experienced scrappers sometimes have a hard time deciding what to get first.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to CASBa

The first pack I bought was of neutrals, and to be honest I don't use them that much. When I started I bought single sheets out of the clearance bins at my LSS so I had a wide variety of brights and lights. And I still can be found at my LSS rooting through the paper bins!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to MrsAnnieS

Get a second job - then you can buy them all. Seriously, though, I went shopping this week and had the same problem. So I bought a few single sheets from a couple different lines.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to scraprabbit

I am the same way with Basic Grey. I could buy each and every line and be SO happy. I have been very happy with the BG packs that I have bought from here at the Superstore. They are my go-to patterned papers when I'm stuck on what to use.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Luvmyfam

welcome to our world honey I'd try and buy one of each since you have 2 girls and 2 boys,,,,but wanting MORE pp is just a liability of scrapping

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

I might add that over the next 2 years, your stash of pp will increase to monumental proportions and cause your DH or SO to have boggle-eye,,,,,,

yeah, boggle-eye,,,,,there is no way he will EVER understand that you NEED 872 different paper pads!

the same way I can't understand how my DH needs 872 DIFFERENT screwdrivers!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

I buy singles sheets MOST of the time...mixing is easier. But I will say the BG packs are nice and I have collected quite a few! Best to start out with colors you know you will use!

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to Manda_K

I know what you mean -- BG collection packs are my weakness. If I were you, I would start with one collection with neutral colors that you could use for your boys and one bright girly pack (Olivia, Eva, etc.) that you can use for your girls and then after a while you will see for yourself how much of each pack you used and purchase future packs accordingly.

I am slowly building a BG collection pack empire! I started with Wisteria, then Periphery, then Kioshi, Cappella, Porcelian, Indian Summer, now Ambrosia is next on my never-ending list!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kariyava

Obviously I am in the minority here... I bought a Basic Grey pack of paper a few years ago. I thought they were great (grungy, distressed looking). I have the HARDEST time using it!

I drag out that pack and try it with almost all of my layouts. I rarely find anything that works with the paper.

I am at the point now that I am DETERMINED dang it! to use that paper, so I force myself!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Bxr-Linda

I bought some BG paper a few months ago, and it's just so STRONG I have problems using it,,,,,

used it on a card tonight, lol, and that was pretty,,,,,some of their paper I love,,,,

but some of it,,,eh,,,,,,I'd buy it by the sheet myself,,,,,and I RARELY do that,,,,I almost ALWAYS buy packs,,,,

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

i would look at your pics before you buy paper. i noticed that the paper i like doesnt always match my pics and then i dont use it. my kids are boys so i use a lot of blue, green and brown. so i have a lot of reds and purples that look cool and sit in my shelves.

good luck!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to Ellowyn

All I can say is "good luck with that!" BG can be tough to use but really rewarding, as well! I love all the new lines but never end up using it all. I need to make some cards!

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to meezerpleaser

Oh paper, how I love thee! Ok, now to be serious! lol. I don't normally have a paper addiction, but now with all of these amazing collections coming out; in particular by Bo Bunny and Basic Grey, it is hard to decide what to get!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Jordannichole

If you can afford it, I think you should get one of each. One neutral/muted, and one brighter pack. Like someone else said, see which one you gravitate towards the most as you are scrapping.

I love love love Basic Grey. Prob my fave paper company...such awesome stuff!

Another option is to look at the LOs in the gallery using the paper packs you are considering. You can do this by going to the paper pack in the superstore. There's a link for projects made using that pack. See which LOs speak to you the most, then buy that pack.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to siameseplease

I buy brights more than neutrals. I'm trying to actually buy individual PP sheets at the store vs buying paper packs though b/c I don't always need them all and my stash gets out of hand LOL

I love Basic Grey best for everyday PP and DCWV for speciality themes

Edited by Just G on 07-20-10 06:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Inkiepinkies
Expert
Inkiepinkies
In response to siameseplease

Paper Gray does have some lovely papers. I think it would be a good idea to pull in some cardstock, I prefer Bazzil's papers.

A fun thing to do is to put a stencil over the patterned paper and give it a mist or two with a glimmer spray--not a lot, just a whisper. I will look like the patterned paper but with a glow.

Nancy

I am an idiot--I have tried and tried to add links to the store and can't seem to do it. However sbc.com carries a ton to choose from.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Inkiepinkies

You have to go back into your post and "Edit" and then you get the choice to add products from the superstore

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics