Username Post: gift scrapbook        (Topic#1538891)
JW scrappy
Tenant
JW scrappy

I want to make a scrapbook for my brother and his wife. I want to make the pages so that they can add their own photos later. Any tips for this project?

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to JW scrappy

What type of album do you want it to be? Wedding, everyday, extended family, etc.?

leslief
Idol
leslief

So far all of my albums have been for gifts. The one I made for my son and his wife started with pages of each alone(baby, school, teen). Pics with family. Special pets. It was fun finding similar pics of each-- like blowing out B'day candles, opening Christmas gifts, etc. Then I had pics of where they first met, friends, engagement, etc.
-- hope this helps!

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to leslief

Oh yeah!! I also use D-ring albums and after I give the album, I ask for pics that they have that they would like added.Sometimes the last page can be the event at which you have given the album. So for instance, if it's a 30th birthday and I'm giving the book at the party, I take pics at the party and make a final page with those pics.

Tenant
In response to leslief

I did my neices Wedding album as a gift. I had lots of photos but for events that I didn't have photos like the Pretty Party, I simply cut a mat so she could place a standard 4x6 photo. I also included a small tape runner so she would be acid free.

JW scrappy
Tenant
JW scrappy
In response to rockmom

I am planning it to be a wedding album. I want them to be able to add their own photos when they get them.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

I have done this and I found it hard to scrap without pictures. I used photo corners and made all pictures 4x6. The couple I gave it to really liked it and in fact, today they mentioned that they meant to bring it to show me and how much they appreciated it. I would suggest 8x8 and make it very easy for them to add the pictures and only do it if you know they will appreciate it. I know alot of people who have done this only to find out the people don't add the pictures and could care less about the gift.

musica620
Idol
musica620
In response to CorrieW

I use photo corners and cut a white piece of cardstock, the size of the pic and label it with the size. If it's a specialized size like a square, I write on it for them to use it as a pattern to cut picture.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to musica620

TishieMae's idea about including an acid-free tape runner is a great one!

Lisa

JW scrappy
Tenant
JW scrappy
In response to lstory

Thanks ladies for all the advice, I'm excited to start this new project!

Jessica_
Guru
Jessica_

These are GREAT - (less work for you to do...)

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to Jessica_

I've done only one gift scrapbook but did learn a lot from the experience. What I've found is stick with a theme (I did a baby album for her twins) and use similar colors to give it a cohesive look. Also, most people who don't scrapbook tend to print photos in 4X6's, so try to create layouts using the standard photo size. Or you can go a little smaller and have them crop it. Lastly, decorate the cover a bit to make it special. For my own books, the covers are usually plain. But the one I made for my friend had some embellishments on the cover along with her twins' names. Hope this helps!

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to Mama2Thomas

Since it is a wedding album, stick with the colors that are going to be used at the wedding. If you aren't sure, use traditional colors - whites, creams, blacks, etc.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics