Username Post: Frustrated with my trimmer...        (Topic#1539125)
jeneppers
Veteran
jeneppers

I have a Fiskars trimmer picture below, but for some reason it doesn't want to cut square pages lately!!! I made several LOs this weekend and have noticed that all of them are a little skewed. I use the "arm" to measure and cut my paper (I was working on 8x8's) but it isn't square...

What am I doing wrong???

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to jeneppers

Is your blade sharp?

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to amandahugandkiss

you may need to turn the yellow cutting bar to the other side, I've got the same trimmer, and if you wear a grove in that cutting bar, it won't cut straight for anything.

caraboo
Expert
caraboo
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Maybe you should get a new trimmer?!?!?! Tell yourself it's an early Christmas present. A friend has your Fiskars trimmer and I have tried it. I like my Making Memories trimmer much more.
Products Referenced in This Post:

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to caraboo

Second for the MM trimmer!!!!!! You can use a coupon and get it for a decent price (about 50 bucks pre-coupon)!!!!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CommaHolly

What Amanda said...

A friend has this trimmer too. She was having the same problem; Changed the blade and flipped over the yellow part on the base. I think that solved the problem. Those yellow strips are replaceable too, I think.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Bxr-Linda

Change the blade and/or the strip (or flip the strip). That usually fixes the problem.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to caraboo

• caraboo Said:
Maybe you should get a new trimmer?!?!?! Tell yourself it's an early Christmas present. A friend has your Fiskars trimmer and I have tried it. I like my Making Memories trimmer much more.

I had this trimmer before getting the fiskars and I would NOT recomend it! I had it for about 3 years and the blade got dull even though it is supose to self sharpen, so it tore and distressed everything. They do not sell replacement blades since it is supose to self sharpen, and coustomer service SUCKED.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scrappin Kitty

WOW, I had awesome customer service when mine started doing that,,,they sent me a new one pronto, and in fact she had one on her desk to try and walk me through everything,

it's possible your blade actually got BENT,,,,if it gets bent or off the track, that's what happens,,,,,,,

Although I DO agree that it totally SUCKS you cant buy a new blade if something goes wrong with it,

Debby Lewis
Expert
Debby Lewis
In response to CommaHolly

If you try all the suggestions and this is a recent happening then most possibly you need to give Fiskars a call. If they can't suggestion something they will certainly replace it with no problems. www.fiskarscrafts.com to find their customer service number.

janiceandcompany
Resident
janiceandcompany
In response to Debby Lewis

My two fiskars cutters are doing this now. I am bummed about it too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics