Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Does anyone use stickers much?        (Topic#1539137)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

I used to love love love the paper bliss and some Jolees as well but going through the gallery I haven't noticed seeing many of those used on lo's? I could be just not seeing it though. lol

I always like the Karen Foster and AMM and K&Co stickers and stuff and always tried to buy my paper and that stuff together.

I still have quite a little stash of those.

Thanks for answering all my newbie questions guys!

Cindy

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Cindyckj

First, you use whatever floats your boat. If you love them, use them

In the grand scheme of "trends," stickers are not particularly trendy. However, there are some pretty fabulous artists that can turn a silly sticker into something the rest of us drool over.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to runzalot81

Wow I have so much to learn!

My favs are deffinately the paper bliss and those look like something that I could make with the cricut and some ink and chalk.

Wish I had kept up with all the latest trends.

lol

Cindy

Edited by Cindyckj on 07-21-10 08:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Cindyckj

I admit that I am a Jolees Junkie. I love that stuff. I'm not big with the stickers, but I definitely use them if I am working on an album that I want to be thin and not bulky.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Luvmyfam

I have a huge amount of stickers- that I of coarse dont use. But heres 1 example of putting old stickers to use! All flowers are stickers that i backed with card stock and then pop dotted some. this thread reminds me i need to do a LO with some stickers! Thanks
All things grow with Love By ChansGram

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ChansGram

hardly ever most of them are a bit too cutesy for my style,,,,but if I found ones that weren't, I'd use them!!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to CommaHolly

I also have quite a few epoxy ones too. Thought they were pretty neat.

lol

Guess I better get them used up or sell them on ebay maybe?

lol

Cindy

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Cindyckj

But then this sorta brings up a different question as to what a sticker is?

Are stickers just the flat ones and also like cardstock ones, and the dimensional jolees and the K&co Grand adhesions? and then too is it if we cut an image with our cricut and run it through the xryon sticker machine do those become stickers?

Jeez i'm getting silly and need to go to sleep! Have a wonderful day everyone!

lol

Cindy

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to Cindyckj

I love epoxy stickers! I have a ton of flat stickers also, and I do use them when I have a page that fits the theme.

Scrapper18.
Tenant
Scrapper18.
In response to Jordannichole

i use sticker too, i think there wonderful.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Scrapper18.

I use stickers at times ... I rarely use them flat though. I'll put pop dots or mount chipboard under them to give it more dimension ... and I usually use them in a cluster.

Tammy Sue
Expert
Tammy Sue
In response to peenut_23

I use the stickers that came with this Basic Grey paper collection - the letters, the borders and the journaling spot. I would have used some more, but I felt the design just needed me to stop here.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Tammy Sue

I use stickers and love them! I have a huge stash too!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to SmartyPants

Personally I don't care for stickers that much, I bought a ton of jolee stickers when I first started and still have most of them left. If I get stickers in a kit or something I hang onto them though, because you never know when you might use them for a challenge or the right LO comes along-although I never use just stickers on a LO anymore, they are usually incorporated with other embellies. But that is my personal preference-it comes down to what you like!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to MrsAnnieS

As others have said, it's all about what you like. I rarely use the flat stickers anymore, although I will use ones that have more dimension. I tend towards thicker, more dimensional embellies. If I do use a sticker, it's rarely the only type of embellie I use. That same page will usually have flowers or buttons or some other more dimensional embellie, too.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to siameseplease

I like to use stickers sometimes. I like the cardstock stickers the most. Usually I use the "word" or "quote" stickers, rather then picture ones. Not a fan of Jolees. Just my opinion.
Like others have said, use what you like. That's part of the fun and creative side of it all.

Caitlynsmommy
Veteran
Caitlynsmommy
In response to Babylou

I started out only using flat stickers (sticker sneeze anyone) and quit using them for years but recently I have noticed that I like a few flat ones (gasp!) and just back with with chipboard or alter them to make them pop more on the page. I also love puffy stickers for my DDs page (but she is only 2 right now and loves to put them on there so I let her!)

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Caitlynsmommy

Way back when...when I started scrapping stickers were the "IN" thing....so of course I bought my fair share of them. Now I only buy the dimensional stickers...and a few cardstock ones.
Yes, I remember "sticker sneeze"!! A couple of my old layouts did get "sneezed on"!!!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Scrapkaty

I make my own stickers....I used stickers (premade) once before...

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to HisGEM

What is "sticker sneeze"? (I am imagining just an explosion of a sticker mess everywhere?)

I've only been scrapping for 2 years so the sticker thing isn't really something I've encountered a lot, though I do use them. Especially alpha stickers when I'm feeling lazy.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics