Username Post: What is the largest expandable 12x12 album?!        (Topic#1539181)
worshipwarriormt
Resident
worshipwarriormt

I make yearly scrapbook albums...What ever happens in the year goes in. So 2010 has been MAJORLY eventful and I don't know If I can fit all my layouts in one album but I would really like 2010 to be in one album and not in two. I have expanded albums to about 70 pages (35 layouts) and they are big and bulky but doable. I already have 29 Layouts already lined up for 2010 and we are only half way through the year!!! Any advice or tip on brands that are better with expanding or made for people who go layout crazy are large?! Thanks for your help

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace
In response to worshipwarriormt

I don't really have answer for you...but I'm kind of the same way. After I finish up my trip to Italy (I'm already into album two..and it will probably be 4 LARGE albums)....I'm pretty sure I'll be switching to 3-ring album style. I hope my local areas start carrying more of these in different styles. I'm not one for buying things unless I can see it in person.

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to Samothrace

I would use the 3 ring binders.

t3vnzf
t3vnzf 
Tenant
t3vnzf
In response to scrapalooza

I've heard a lot of great reviews of the 3 ring binder ones.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to t3vnzf

I know that Making Memories has them metal expanders which can hold quite a lot of pageprotectors. Also some nameless albums include the expanders that ya can screw into eachother to create a very thick album...

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

I had a search in the superstore to see if they had any of the kind that I had in mind and they do! The Pioneer ones you can extend to how many ya need Just have to make sure yer album can hold as much and also see if the backing can expand that much aswell.. hope it helps

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to TheCharmedOne

I would get the american crafts 3 ring albums (binder) they hold a large amount

worshipwarriormt
Resident
worshipwarriormt
In response to CorrieW

3 ring? really? I don't like the gap between the pages and them seem to always be just plain solid colored albums. I guess I might cave for this year and get one

Heck25
Heck25 
Tenant
Heck25

You don't have to do the 3-ring binder route if you don't want to. I also do yearly albums, and I love the expander posts they carry here. I have used them often, the only thing is that you'll probably have to take the "spine" off your album, as they usually only expand an inch or so.

http://store.scrapbook.com/p-p3b.html

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

You can expand post bound albums up to a certain point. When you reach that point you will know it. The spine (for lack of a better word) gets all wobbly on you. The whole album loses it shape and strength. It becomes very difficult to look through. It starts moving in directions it shouldn’t and gets very heavy. It also puts a larger strain on the individual pages (especially from the weight). Large post bound albums don’t lay flat when open. The pages will be curling and flopping more as you look through the album.

Sorry if I am repeating myself BUT when you get too big (too many post extensions) you will know it. You will begin to see certain things in the way the album responds when you are looking through it and you will think “now that can’t be good”.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I switched to 3 ring after about 8 years of scrapping. They are just more practical (not as pretty, I agree), and I like to put 50 pages or more in them. If you are still struggling, why can't you do 2 for one year. No rules. If that is what you need, that is what you need.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-29-12 10:15 PM
In response to 950nancy

There's another thread in here about large wedding albums and several people recommended the snapload system.

Thread

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Vae

I'm doing my own version of project life and i'm using a 3 ring D binder and and by the end of this month it will be buldging. how can i extend that album/

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics