Welcome to the Monthly Sketch Challenge!
Hello fellow Scrap-a-holics! One of my favorite & most used tools in my scrapbooking happens to be sketches. I've been using them for years & love how a great sketch makes a page seem so much simpler to put together when you are feeling overwhelmed by the # of photos/all the embellies/different papers, etc. or when you can't seem to come up with an original idea for the page you want to create. I am in constant search of inspiration & I've found sketches to hold a wealth of it when I am stuck or in need of an idea to get me started on my next project.
So this challenge is for anyone in need of a little creative jump-start or inspirational push to get them back to scrappin' & preserving those treasured memories...or for those of you who like me have used sketches and know how valuable they can be & love them as much as I do--and did I mention there will be Prizes awarded for the winners? Yes I said winners meaning more than one! That's right--I will be giving away prizes, [in the form of various scrappin' goodies from my own personal collection], to the creators of the LO's w/the most votes @ the end of the month.
Do I have your attention NOW?
If so, here's how to play:
1. Reply to this topic & let me know you are game!
2. Every Monday during the month of August, [starting Monday August 2nd & ending Monday August 23rd], I will post a new sketch that you will have exactly 1 week to complete & upload/share with the rest of us.
Entries MUST be posted to the thread NO LATER than the following Monday by 1pm PST/4pm EST to be eligable to win a prize.
3. Any size LO 6x6 and larger is welcome!
4. Digital LO's are also welcome.
5. Players may join at anytime during the month and DO NOT have to complete all of the sketches posted to qualify for a prize. However they DO have to check in more than once a month & be actively involved in the thread if they would like their work to be eligable for a prize.
***I am making a revision. Since the popularity of this thread has grown to having 30+ consistent players during any given week, I realize that leaving comments on that many LO's can become quite time consuming. Therefore commenting on the work of others is no longer a requirement of this challenge. I would still encourage you to do so if you wish and are able to, however it is now completely optional and up to each individual player to decide if they will or will not. I have found just maintaining this challenge can be overwhelming and I DO NOT wish to turn any willing players away who find inspiration in the sketches but are limited by time/family responsibilities/work schedules, etc., I mean, this is supposed to be fun, not stressful and I don't want any of my players feeling stressed because they feel like they are falling behind leaving comments. Real life is more important.***
6. At the end of the month-immediately following the close of the last week's deadline-all players should PM me their top 3 Favorite LO FOR EACH WEEK & the 3 LO's for each week w/the most nominations will then be put to a vote. ALL members of SB.com will be eligable to vote for their favs...after which 4 winners will be selected...(one for each week of the month). Winners will be announced & then will need to PM me their contact info, [shipping address/email], so that I can send them out their prizes!
**~You are also always welcome to play along just for fun & all the scrappy inspiration & share your LO's whenever you complete them.
**When selecting your top 3 favs please do not vote for yourself since I already award you a vote just for voting. If your LO makes it to the monthly finals you are of course, welcome to vote for yourself!**
WELCOME & HAPPY SCRAPPIN'! : ]
***~Public Embed and Upload to Challenge~***
1. Once your LO is uploaded to the gallery Go to your gallery and click on it. Next click "EDIT IMAGE"
2. Under small pick of LO check box for "Allow PUBLIC EMBEDDING"
3. Click "SUBMIT
NEXT, to Upload to the Challenge Thread...
1. Go to box that says "Share"
2. Click the 'Share Anywhere' option
3. A Box will open up with a small pic of your LO. Where it says 'Embed This Image' select "IMG CODE" above the image.
4. RIGHT CKICK and COPY the code it gives you. (you can also change the size of the image if you desire.)
5. Go to Challenge
6. Go to any Reply Box and RIGHT CLICK and then PASTE the code.
It's Monday August 2nd and here's the Week 1 Sketch!
AUGMthlySketchChallengewk 1 By Jamariel
*Optional Twist~ Lets Scrap the Music this week. Incorporate music into your LO somehow. You can scrap about your FAV song or artist, add lyrics instead of traditional journaling or use a line from a song as your title. Anything that has something to do w/music will work for me! Worth 3 extra votes come voting time!!!
Me & You By Jamariel
**I decided to use a few lines from one of my FAV Kenny Chesney Tunes instead of traditional journaling and my title is the name of the song.
Week 1 LO's:
*1. Saber left By PamStewart.Iowa
*2. No More Daddy's LITTLE Girl By Trend Shetta
*3. Rubber Ducky By Miss CA
*4. "When It's Cold Outside, Show The World The Warmth Of Your SMILE" By Inspired.By.Love
*5. Storybook Love By Knittykittybelle
*6. Happy birthday to you... By TexasMomOf4
*7. Reach for the Top By SuperAllyFan
8. Finland By Ncyankee
*9. tiny bubbles By MommyMarci
10 slide By Corareads
*11. Happiness By Claggy
*12. bad habit By MelissaW
13. learning how to ride By Vincarash
*14. Prom Night By Bubblegirl
15. Croquet By Scrapalooza
16. Mime By Dianne1304
*17. Stop in the name of love By Ruthiez
18. Saturday in Newport By Scrapperbee
*19. Life is Good - Prom page 2 By Provinca
*20. For the *heart* of Rock By DYnKY
21. Great Grandparents By Jenny2003
22. Week 1 Aug Sketch Challenge By Swonders
*23. we are family By Lindaj3
24. I Still Do... By GentlewoodFarms
*25. I Will Lift By TeriScraps
26. First Day By Jjfer
It's MONDAY August 10th and here's your Week 2 Sketch!
AUGMthlySketchChallengeWk 2 By Jamariel
Optional twist~Summer is winding down and the kids will be back in school before you know it, so lets scrap some last minute summer FUN! Any summer pics you have from this year or years past that you have not yet scrapped will do! Worth 2 extra votes come voting time!! : ]
Week 2 LO's:
*1. Life on the Lake By SuperAllyFan
*2. Week 2 August Sketch Challenge with Summer Theme Twist By Swonders
*3. Summer 'Caching - Week 2 Sketch By Knittykittybelle
*4. Splash By MommyMarci
5. Fast friends By Jenny2003
*6. week 2 By Lindaj3
*7. Catch a Wave, Taiya By Trend Shetta
*8. Texas Memorial Museum By TexasMomOf4
*9. Dog Days By Claggy
10. The Girls -- Monthly Sketch Challenge week 2 By Flamingo
*11. Cousins By Bubblegirl
*12. 123 Jump By TripletMother
13. Air Mail By Scrapperbee
14. zoom zoom a By PamStewart.Iowa
15. A halloween moment By Smileyfacegirl80
16. Boys Rock! By Laura C
*17. Creation Museum By Jnzmom
18. Flower girl By Ruthiez
19. Lovely Ladies By Miss CA
*20. Birthday Presents By Provinca
21. OUCH By TeriScraps
*22. Pool Cool By MelissaW
*23. Splish splash on the 4th By Scrapinbabygal
24. Crazy By Dianne1304
It's MONDAY August 16th and here's the Week 3 Sketch!
AugustMSCWeek3Sketch By Jamariel
Week 3 LO's:
1. austin By TexasMomOf4
2. Splash By Scrapalooza
3. june 5 By Lindaj3
4. laughter By Scrapperbee
5. Friends -- Monthly Sketch Challenge Week #3 By Flamingo
6. DARREL@ By PamStewart.Iowa
7. Without Walls By Dianne1304
8. Sisters are Forever - Week 3 By Knittykittybelle
9. I gotta feeling that tonight's going to be a good night By Ruthiez
10. US: Then... and Now! By Trend Shetta
11. Picking Dandelions By TripletMother
12. Beware of the Ravens! By SuperAllyFan
13. Time with Daddy. By Jnzmom
14. Ready to dress for success By MelissaW
15. Where The Wild Things Are By Claggy
16. Sweet Smile By DYnKY
17. Nonna's Garden By Provinca
18. bouncing with Carlos By Scrapinbabygal
19. Amber By Bubblegirl
20. Celebrating in Pigion Forge By Sassy-Still Suzi
21. Advent 2009 By MommyMarci
22. School Pictures By Jjfer
23. Dandelion Fluff By Miss CA
It's MONDAY August 23rd and here's the Week 4 Sketch!
AUGMthlySketchChallengeWk 4 By Jamariel
****Optional Twist~Less IS More! Now lets prove it on our LO's! Excluding your photo(s) and adhesive, pick 3 scrappy products to make this week's page with. Paper counts as 1, cardstock 1, stickers 1, you get the idea. Can use more than one kind of paper or stickers or cardstock, or whatever your 3 items are if you choose, but only 3 total supplies. Worth 5 bonus votes come voting time!!!
Week 4 LO's:
*1. Amour-Te Quiero-Love By Trend Shetta
*2. seven By MelissaW
3. Birthday Hugs By Laura C
*4. Needful Things By DYnKY
*5. UT Museum By TexasMomOf4
*6. Sisters? By Sassy-Still Suzi
*7. dear santa By Lindaj3
*8. Sushi By Bubblegirl
9. Snowflakes By Scrapalooza
10. family By MommyMarci
11. Thomas caught a fish By PamStewart.Iowa
12. Walk By Scrapperbee
*13. Graduate By Scrap-Police
14. CKC Manchester By Provinca
*15. Team 4125 By Claggy
*16. Summer By Jenny2003
17. A Picture of Innocence By TripletMother
18. Great Grandmas By Jjfer
19. taking OFF By Scrapinbabygal
20. I Love the Beach By Dianne1304