Page 1 of 28 
Username Post: August Budget Challenge        (Topic#1539737)
runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Welcome to the August Budget Challenge! We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!!

Well, that's what we're hoping for.

The rules: List your budget for the month of August that you want to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, list or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

------------------------- ----------
Alissa-the-Hostess (runzalot81)
BUDGET: $100-$10-$20-$62-$12= BUSTED
WISH LIST: Life Is Good by Echo Park, Nutmeg by CC, Sassafras stamps, Crafty Secrets "Sew Special," BG Basics Stamps, Pink Paislee 365 missing pieces, Cricut markers, Sentiment Set from Heartfelt Creations, Vintage Baseball background stamp, stamps from sb.com wishlist
TWIST: no paper other than wish listed. rub ons, brads, ribbon.

Stephanie (Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic)
BUDGET: $150-$26-$58-$13-$30-$32= BUSTED
WISH LIST: PP and CS, stylus, glimmer mist or shimmerz spray (basically the same), sizzix dies, pearls
TWIST: No punches...not one single punch of any shape or design, border or shape...nothing...nada!

Kim (kikiv)
BUDGET: $100-$45-$29= $26
WISH LIST: Plain neutral cardstock, brads for my camping project, 2 packages of page protectors
TWIST: no paper other than wish listed

Tammy (Ladybing Tammy)
BUDGET: $100-$2-$10-$4= $84
WISH LIST: 2 We R memory keeper binder 12 x 12 albums, 2 packages of page protectors, disney princess punch
TWIST: no punches other than wish listed

Jordan (Jordannichole)
BUDGET: $15
WISH LIST: flowers, bound journal, buttons, patterned paper, cardstock and stamps

Tante (johnsusan8)
BUDGET: $200-$55-$10-$39-$23-$38- $27= $8
WISH LIST: Wildlife Cricut Lite cartridge, idea book, Copic markers
TWIST: no ribbon, no flowers

Tiffany (Diamond Events by Tiffany)
BUDGET: $150-$62-$17= $71
WISH LIST: Sizzix Font Die (2), embossing powders, MS punch around the page, ribbons / floss
TWIST: glimmer mist

wapygirl
BUDGET: $40-$1-$6-$5= $28
WISH LIST: solid card stock, a pink 12X12 binder, a red 12X12 binder, ribbon, foil embellies, stickers
TWIST: no flowers

Tina (tdn823)
BUDGET: $50-$10-$42= BUSTED
WISH LIST: ink brayer for Tattered Angels class, a few embellies for a swap,
twine,floss, misc. embellies for myself-cuz I can't go cold turkey.
TWIST: paper and buttons

Pat (GentlewoodFarms)
BUDGET: $200-$35-$20-$102= $43
WISH LIST: TH new diecuts (probably the deer one), 3 SU ink pads and reinkers.
TWIST: cricut cartridges

kamananui
BUDGET: $200-$40-$28-$50-$36-$3-$ 16-$56= BUSTED
WISH LIST: Zutter Distrezz It All, Pink ATG, BG Origins PP, Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Flowers Die, Glimmer Mists, Embossing Powders, Distress inks/reinkers, and bling.
TWIST: No brads, flowers, punches, or Cricut carts.

Megan (iheartaslan)
BUDGET: $250-$3-$275= BUSTED
WISHLIST: BG Lime Rickey Collection Pack, BG Origins Collection Pack, Happy Halloween by Echo Park Collection Pack, some glimmer mist, technique tiles, chalk inks, transparent ribbon
TWIST: bling

Edited by runzalot81 on 08-30-10 05:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to runzalot81

OK...my budget is zero...I have no money...so how can I buy anything!

Wait a minute...zero...not happening!

OK...I'll go back to $150 b/c no matter what I set it at, it seems like I'll bust it!

I want some PP and CS, stylus, glimmer mist or shimmerz spray (basically the same), sizzix dies, pearls

Twist: No punches...not one single punch of any shape or design, border or shape...nothing...nada!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StarsNSparkles

Oh and Alissa......you are sooooo busted!!!

Hi Tante...glad to see you back! Sure missed talking with you!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I'm busted already?!!!!

kikiV
kikiV 
Veteran
kikiV
  • kikiV on 07-30-10 06:25 PM

Okay I'm in again. How much can I spend if I am out of town for a week? Never mind...that is a bad question.

My budget is $100. I can't buy any more paper this month other than my wish list.

Wish List: Plain neutral cardstock, brads for my camping project, 2 packages of page protectors (thanks Tammy for reminding me)

I love this challenge...

Edited by kikiV on 07-30-10 08:20 PM. Reason for edit: i up'd my budget and added something.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kikiV

Okay I am in - have to figure out the budget - oh heck let's make it a nice round $100
wishlist - 2 We R memory keeper binder 12 x 12 albums, 2 packages of page protectors
TWIST - I am with Stephanie on this - no punches - I have had trouble with 2 border punches this week getting stuck - am not happy with the quality!!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Ladybing Tammy

LOL...not yet Alissa...but it isn't going to be long before your budget is down the drain! You'll go faster than me!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I would challenge you to a dual... but you're probably right!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

HAHA...yep...you'll go faster...there is no help for it!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

And it's always something like "You see, there was this stamp...."

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole

Ok I'm in again!! My budget is lower this month... 10 to 15 dollars. Adhesive does not count towards my budget.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Jordannichole

oh good point adhesive does not count for me and 1 change to my twist - ok if I find that disney princess punch I am buying it but it is one that I like and don't have trouble making work

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Adhesive doesn't count for anybody.

kikiV
kikiV 
Veteran
kikiV
  • kikiV on 07-31-10 09:15 AM

okay can I ask a question totally not related to this challenge but is the current topic - adhesive..

I see all these posts about the pink ATG (or whatever it is). But I see the red one and it is HUGE. Seriously that isn't something I want to use but everyone raves about it.

I use this Ad Tech stuff from WM. Do you think that it is okay? It says it is photo safe on the package, but when you look at the refills it doesn't say that. Do you think the refills aren't photo safe? I'm starting to get concerned.

Sorry this doesn't fit this thread.

Which reminds me...I need adhesive. Guess I'm going shopping

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to kikiV

Sorry I can't answer your question about the adhesive, but I can say the ATG is great. The size of it is immaterial. It's light enough, easy to use, and so economical!

Budget - $200

List - Wildlife Cricut Lite cartridge, idea book, Copic markers

Twist - no ribbon, no flowers

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to kikiV

I was totally against the ATG but figured out the cost of refills to be much cheaper, esp if Micheal's carries them and I use a coupon. I do not have one, YET...but again, if I find one at M's and can use a coupon I will get it OR put it on my b-day list for DH to get. I am a little nervous about the size but everyone says you get used to that. I am paying 6 bucks for a smaller refill for my glue glider pro and can only get them at that price when HL has a coupon. I go thru those refills like crazy and it gets costly...so that is the only reason I am considering the ATG...plus, it is pink.

If the adtech says acid free and photo sfe, you will be ok. What I have read about the adtech is that they are not "holding" and people are having to go back and redo thier pages. I read that here on sb.com. But I also read that the glue sticks do not work and I used those for YEARS before I got my glue glider pro and all of my pages are still together. So I think it is a YMMV thing.

My DH set my budget for me, this month, at 200...but I am lowering it cause I really want to have a "rainy day" fund set aside in regards to scrapbook supplies. Like if I decide I want to buy something big, I have the money set aside and I do not bust that months budget. So my budget will be 150.00. I have to come back with a wishlist and twist....

TTYL

Tiffany

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to Diamond Events by Tiffany

Wow!! I wish I could spend 100 or 200 on sb supplies!! I am the poor kid!! lol
I am going to set my budget at $40. My wish list is solid card stock, a pink 12X12 binder, a red 12X12 binder, ribbon, foil embellies, stickers. I believe I can stay under $40 if I only buy half of this.
My off limits item will be flowers. No new flowers!!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to J. Washington

I've been the poor girl already. My husband and I were both educators with two kids who both went to college. Louisiana has a program to keep experienced educators at work called DROP. If you defer your retirement, your retirement check goes into an escrow account for a maximum of three years while you work and still get your regular salary. Also, you're not paying into the retirement system during this time, so dh and I both took that "extra" money we hadn't got used to yet and put that into an investment fund. The program is the best thing ever to have happened to teachers in our state.

kikiV
kikiV 
Veteran
kikiV
  • kikiV on 07-31-10 01:14 PM
In response to johnsusan8

Huh??? confused.

Anyway, I have to tell you all a story. I went to J's today to get a blue ink pad. This shopping trip goes against my July budget but I'm still under. I only spent $29.

Of course I couldn't use my coupon because everything I got was on sale. The clearance box was AMAZING. I was in scrapbook clearance heaven.

BTW - Whoever is looking for that OTT lite thing, it is 50% off at J's.

Oh, back to my story. I found this box of cards that has been sitting on the shelf for months. It was marked on clearance at $3.97. When I got to the check stand I asked the lady if they could take more off because not all the cards were there. She said, she could take off for damage.

Then she said, wait, it is on clearance it is already marked down. She asked the lady next to her that said yes give me the damage discount. The lady who was helping me acted all pissed off.

Then she got all upset when she found out the box rung up for $1.97 before the discount and I only paid 25 cents for the box of cards.

She had this attitude and when I told her "if it makes you feel better, I'm making cards for abused children". She got all smug like. WHATEVER you little B****. She acted like she is the owner of J's and it came out of her paycheck. GRRRRRR

It just irritates the cr** out of me.

okay sorry...it just frustrated me.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to kikiV

I would have been so peeved!

Page 1 of 28 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics